- Fractals of the Mists End Game dungeon added. This new dungeon is aimed a little more towards level 80, although it is a rare case of sidekicking UP being allowed. It is tuned for level 80 stats / skills, but you CAN go earlier than 80 and get sidekicked up. It'll be more challenging, but it's possible.
This is a pretty novel dungeon. When you enter, you will play 3 random 'mini dungeons' in a row (out of 9 total in the game) that have to do with past events in GW lore. After you complete these 3 you will return to the hub. At this point you can either leave or continue on through another 3 random mini dungeons. However, each time you return to the hub, the difficulty slider goes up by 1. This makes the events and dungeons harder. It also saves your progress, so when you return to the dungeon you can start at the highest obtained difficulty level shared by your group.
You earn 5 Fractal Relics at the end of each Mini Dungeon. These can be spent at a vendor in the Hub as well as used in the Mystic Forge. Some pretty cool loot is on the Vendor, like 20 slot bags, items used for Legendaries, and gear.
- Level 80 zone. A new level 80 zone is being added. All I can say is THANK GOD. From what I'm reading, there are no mob mechanics like the "Pull" from the Risen Subjugators. And overall Mob Density is lower. However many enemies are freaking rough apparently. The Karkas are here, and Veterans sound really difficult. There is a much larger mob variety though, which is great. The real challenge here though is apparently Event Density is MUCH higher than Orr. The previews I read said you can expect Dynamic Events to happen constantly here, making it feel far more chaotic. It is also confirmed that Oriachalim and Ancient Wood spawns here. So prepare for those mat prices to go down as supply goes even higher than it is now!
- Ascended Armor. This is the new tier above Exotic. It is where all the controversy is springing from. These are about 8% better than Exotic gear, but do NOT have gem slots. The normal stats you would get from a gem are baked directly in to the armor. This means the armor is NOT customizable the way Exotic is. There is an upgrade slot for Infusions, which is required to counteract Agony... a new mob DOT type that does disgusting amounts of damage in the higher difficulties of the new dungeons. You will need this in order to progress deeper in the Fractals dungeon. In this update we are getting Ascended armor for 2 slots... Rings and Backpacks.
- Supposedly around 200 new crafting recopies included. That's all I know on this subject, supposedly we have a new gatherable mat which will be used in these
- Of course there is the live events this weekend too. And new items in the Gem Store. Supposedly Weapon Skins, Costumes, and Minipets.
Not a huge fan of Ascended Armor. However, provided they roll it out properly over time, provide multiple avenues on how to get these, and don't keep adding new tiers... I'm ok with it. It'll just be a new goal for me to work towards.
The new dungeon sounds fantastic. Seriously... this is a GREAT new dungeon for the game. It's modular too, meaning they could easily slip new content in to it. I love dungeons that explore past lore for the game too, it's something I *loved* about Caverns of Time in WoW.
The new level 80 zone is a VERY necessary addition. God I was so sick of how crowded Orr was. Hopefully this helps spread the population out a bit and make doing events actually viable again.
Overall; This new patch sounds fantastic. Lets hope it actually is fantastic.
/edit/ I forgot: A new sPvP map is being added too. This one is supposedly "More Vertical in Nature" which seems like an interesting new addition to the map rotation. I know most of us don't do much sPvP though, which is probably why I forgot all about this in my original post.