EA deal - buy 3 digital downloads and get 800 MS points back

Found a good deal on the interwebs and want to share? Post it here!
Feaduin
Brewmaster
Brewmaster
Cash on hand: Locked
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

EA deal - buy 3 digital downloads and get 800 MS points back

Post by Feaduin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:52 pm

From this list.

http://www.ea.com/news/xbox-live-holiday-discounts

Good from Dec 25 to Jan 31st.

Marcallo
Exalted Brewmaster
Exalted Brewmaster
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Re: EA deal - buy 3 digital downloads and get 800 MS points back

Post by Marcallo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:44 am

EA has some great deals. As does D2D... my problem is I like to stick with ONE service for this sort of thing. Not sure why, maybe I don't like spreading my money around. Maybe I don't like that many different programs running on my computer. But Steam is the one I stick with. It's a shame EA doesn't seem to like Steam and wants to do its own thing.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Feaduin
Brewmaster
Brewmaster
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Re: EA deal - buy 3 digital downloads and get 800 MS points back

Post by Feaduin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:42 pm

There is no Steam on 360. I checked the deal... this one is digital downloads for the 360. I don't know why they list values in both real money and MS points unless they just didn't want the expensive titles to look inflated.

The only other explanation for listing the titles this way is that they want you to buy on their website and use a redemption code on the marketplace. I'm going to buy the ME dlc packs since I always wanted them but forgot. I'm still deciding on what 3rd title I want to pick up. I'll confirm how this whole thing works when I do.