Batman Arkham City now for $7.50

Found a good deal on the interwebs and want to share? Post it here!
Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Cash on hand: Locked
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Batman Arkham City now for $7.50

Post by Feaduin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Shit you PC folks get some really really good deals if you wait long enough.

http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Batman- ... ty/158465/

If you still haven't played Arkham City, PLAY IT RIGHT FUCKING NOW! I can usually find something to nitpick about in every game but there is nothing in Arkham City that I can really knock. This is about as good as they come.

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: I'm a cotton headed ninny-muggins

Re: Batman Arkham City now for $7.50

Post by SectsDryve » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:53 am

The Expansion: Harley's Revenge.

New story after the events of Arkham City.

If you like more of the same it could be worthwhile -- more achievements, more story elements, Harley has harlequin themed henchmen, and you can play as Robin. But the whole thing is pretty short. Expect less than two hours. Compared to the full game, which is immense, it is tiny -- not ten dollars worth of game. You are limited to just the Industrial District. Each plot point is separated with a group of guys. Though Robin's Bullet Shield and slap bombs work in game play is really cool, there are no new gadgets. Play the challenge maps as Robin to not feel like a complete hopeless case. The new character is a trial by fire.

Wait until this is also going for cheap... unless you can't wait.

--

tl;dr

GET Arkham City, if you haven't already. GET Harley's Revenge DLC later when it is not ten dollars.
Elune:
Jeabus-Human Warlock, Hoshi-Night Elf Druid, Ginkobiloba-Undead Mage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Re: Batman Arkham City now for $7.50

Post by Sord » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:16 am

A great value but a quick note. It appears you have to use the GameFly client to download/play. This isn't a big deal but it is getting kinda cluttered on my computer with Steam and Origin and now GameFly.

An interesting note with the GameFly client. It looks like it is tied in with its game rental service and if you have a subscription, there is a pretty big list of games you can download and play for free at any time. There wasn't a whole lot on there I'm interested in but there are a few gems. A nifty bonus for those that rent games and also plays the PC.
Bye space sword!