10 cent Android App sale

Found a good deal on the interwebs and want to share? Post it here!
PopnFresh
Exalted Brewmaster
Exalted Brewmaster
Cash on hand: Locked
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

10 cent Android App sale

Post by PopnFresh » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:36 pm

https://market.android.com/details?id=a ... NjMwNzMiXQ

I had the link passed to me, so I know zero details (length of sale, etc.). I just saw Minecraft was one of the apps and decided to share the link immediately
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Feaduin
Brewmaster
Brewmaster
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Re: 10 cent Android App sale

Post by Feaduin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:14 pm

I see it has swiftkey. Too bad it doesn't have Swype. I totally doubted Swype at first but I fucking love it now. It's almost impossible to do a typo using Swype. That's important because trying to position the cursor to correct spelling mistakes is a pain. Now I can write waaay faster.

Marcallo
Exalted Brewmaster
Exalted Brewmaster
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Post by Marcallo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Isn't Swype proprietary to Motorola?
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

PopnFresh
Exalted Brewmaster
Exalted Brewmaster

Post by PopnFresh » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Feaduin wrote:I see it has swiftkey. Too bad it doesn't have Swype. I totally doubted Swype at first but I fucking love it now. It's almost impossible to do a typo using Swype. That's important because trying to position the cursor to correct spelling mistakes is a pain. Now I can write waaay faster.
Even though everyone I know that uses Swype says the same thing - to the point that I know people who have stopped using it and re-trained themselves with the normal kb just because when certain swype updates break the app on certain phones, those people are crippled until a fix is release - I still haven't jumped on board. I've tried it a few times when needing to use Kel's phone, and it just feels so foreign. I CAN'T doubt it anymore, I know too many people that swear by it, but the learning curve just seems so daunting...

For what it's worth, so far swiftkey feels to me like a keyboard skin. I haven't noticed any improvements in my typing efficiency or anything, though I'm not sure I would.
"Classic Wedge"

Feaduin
Brewmaster
Brewmaster
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Post by Feaduin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:55 am

When I used swiftkey, i felt that I was more accurate than with the standard kb because i kinda felt the buttons were slightly bigger. (?) i'm not sure exactly why Switfkey seemed better but anything was better than the original Eclair or Froyo keyboard it seemed. The majority of my time was spent making corrections from fat fingering something or fixing the auto correct. Using Swiftkey allowed me to be more accurate. Using Swype allowed me to be way more accurate and reduced errors down to very rare.

PopnFresh
Exalted Brewmaster
Exalted Brewmaster

Post by PopnFresh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Marcallo wrote:Isn't Swype proprietary to Motorola?
Nah. I mean, I don't know the details, maybe they own the brand or something, but it's certainly available for non-motorola phones if that's what you're asking. You can grab it from the droid marketplace.

In retrospect, Feaduin, I'm getting the same thing. I feel like I'm a little more accurate and rarely ever need to autocorrect. Right now though, I'm having a helluva time getting used to their autospace, auto-fill-in feature. So frequently, I manually hit space after a period or comma, which causes swiftkey to insert and "and" or a "but" or an "I" or something else that I commonly follow that punctuation up with. So when I go back and read what I typed, I get a lot of "yeah, and the niners are really killing it this year. I their defense is great, but Rogers is doing better than I ever could've hoped, but and Culliver isn't as much of a liability."
"Classic Wedge"