Best Buy $100 back for 5-game pre order (PS3, 360, Wii Only)

Found a good deal on the interwebs and want to share? Post it here!
Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Cash on hand: Locked
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Best Buy $100 back for 5-game pre order (PS3, 360, Wii Only)

Post by Feaduin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:46 am

If you have a Reward Zone card with Best Buy, you should also sign up online for the Gamer's Club if you haven't already to take advantage of this great deal.

Best Buy Reward Zone Gamers Club 5000 point bonus deal

Just saw this deal yesterday and I thought I'd share. For those who don't want to click, if you pre-order 5 games from the list of 15 you get back $100 in points. The only thing is, the 100 bucks (5000 pts) isn't put into your account until after 35 days after the last purchase. But hey, if you were going to buy 5 of these games from this list ANYWAY, why not get them for what is essentially 20 dollars less, NEW FIRST DAY?

• We wanted to take this time to share our exciting new promotion that is tentatively set to run through mid November 2011. Customers who are a part of our Reward Zone Gamers Club can earn a $100 Reward Zone certificate just for pre-ordering and purchasing games with Best Buy.

To qualify customers must pre-order and purchase any of the five following 15 titles:

NCAA 2012 - PS3
    NCAA 2012 - Xbox 360
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Wii
    Madden 2012 - PS3
    Madden 2012: Hall of Fame Edition - PS3
    Madden 2012 - PS2
    Madden 2012 - PSP
    Madden 2012 - Xbox 360
    Madden 2012: Hall of Fame Edition - Xbox 360
    Madden 2012 - Wii
    Resistance 3 - PS3
    Resistance 3: Doomsday Edition - PS3
    Gears of War 3 - Xbox 360
    Gears of War 3: Limited Edition - Xbox 360
    Gears of War 3: Epic Edition - Xbox 360
    FIFA Soccer 2012 - PS3
    FIFA Soccer 2012 - PS2
    FIFA Soccer 12 - PSP
    FIFA Soccer 2012 - Xbox 360
    FIFA Soccer 2012 - Wii
    FIFA Soccer 12 - Nintendo 3DS
    Forza 4 - Xbox 360
    Just Dance 3 - PS3
    Just Dance 3 - Xbox 360
    Just Dance 3 - Wii
    Batman Arkham City - PS3
    Batman Arkham City - Xbox 360
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - PS3
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition - PS3
    Battlefield 3 - PS3
    Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360
    Elder Scrolls Skyrim - PS3
    Elder Scrolls Skyrim - Xbox 360
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations - PS3
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Xbox 360
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PS3
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Xbox 360
    Rage - PS3
    Rage - Xbox 360

Each pre-order must be picked up within five days of the individual title's release date for all pre-orders.

*Offer not available on PC titles, even if a title is available in PC version.

FAQs

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club member to qualify?

Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club member at the time the pre-order is placed.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club, how do I join?

You can sign up online or in store, at the time of your first preorder purchase

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?

Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?

Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?

You must purchase 5 unique titles, regardless of version or system, to qualify to receive the $100 Reward Zone certificate.

How long does this promotion run?

The promotion is set to run through November 14.

When will I get my certificates?

Reward Zone Gamers Club members will receive their $100 Reward Zone certificate approximately 35 days after the 5th new release purchase.

Does it count on all editions of the game?

The offer is applicable on all versions of the game for all systems (i.e.‐ special editions, collector’s editions) with the exception of PC versions. PC versions of any of the titles do not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Are there additional incentives if I pre‐order and purchase more than 5 unique items from the list?

There are no additional incentives; customers are only eligible for one $100 RZ certificate for participating.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?

Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?

Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?

No. The $100 Reward Zone certificate will be issued after all 5 purchases are confirmed and the 30 day return and exchange window has expired.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?

Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game will I still qualify for the $100 bonus certificate?

Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not effect your eligibility for the $100 bonus certificate.

Will I receive a $100 certificate or $100 worth of points?

You will receive $100 worth of points (5,000) in your Reward Zone bank. These points will follow your pre-existing certificate thresholds and/or points banking preferences.

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Re: Best Buy $100 back for 5-game pre order (PS3, 360, Wii O

Post by Marcallo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:44 am

So basically buy 5 get almost 2 free. That's actually a pretty good deal. It is unfortunately a pretty large up front out lay of cash. And then you get the 100 dollars in certificates that they hope you'll lose. They have some formula somewhere, I guarantee that tells them X% of all members do not use their certificates in time. Also, no PC games :(. Not that I'd buy any of those on PC, but still, that blows.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Post by PopnFresh » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Marcallo wrote:Also, no PC games :(. Not that I'd buy any of those on PC, but still, that blows.
That's the only reason why this sexy deal ends up not being that sexy for me. There are a couple of games on there that I'd never buy on a console, and pulling them from the list puts the number of desirables at two or three. Skyrim especially, there's no way I'm going to play a Bethesda RPG on a console, but even BF3 is something I'd much rather play on the PC with other PC players. Same for MW3 if I end up playing it. So for me the list ends up being Uncharted, Batman, and Assassin's Creed.

But man, if I weren't so PC-centric with certain games, this deal would be incredible. Great find!
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Feaduin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:23 pm

I don't think some of these titles have a PC version anyway like the console exclusives.... would you play zelda on a pc? hehe

yeah I know the deal sucks for PC gamers. But also realize that PC gamers already get every title for 10 bucks lower. Or you can check out a ton of online outlets that retail PC games for less.

For the people who are in the Reward Zone Gamers Club, I doubt anyone would forget to use their coupons simply because you can set the points threshold really high to prevent the system from autosending a coupon when you aren't ready to use it. Also, as a GC member, you get auto points for buying certain titles, get points each time for reaching $150, PLUS get the points you normally get for the standard RZ program. Since the RZGC benefits are so great, I think users would be more aware of their points (like myself).

I got my PS3 free because of the rapid pt accumulation. I also had a huge discount on the Fender Rock Band 3 guitar that I wouldn't have purchased otherwise. This bonus $100 bucks would just go right back into more games, or into games that I might not otherwise purchase. I love it :)

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by PopnFresh » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:40 pm

I haven't even turned my Wii on in probably over a year, so the chance of me buying Zelda at all are kind of low unless Kel really aches for it. Uncharted was the only console specific title on there that I definitely will pick up.

It's true that PC games are largely cheaper, but the days of them automatically being $10 less are gone. Activision and EA started releasing $60 PC SKUs late last year, and while they haven't done it with every game (Alice is $50), they have still been doing it regularly (Dragon Age 2 is $60). I wouldn't be surprised if Ubi Soft followed suit, if they haven't already, and then it's just a matter of everyone else catching up. Maybe I'm just being cynical.

As for RZ in general though, yeah man, I love it. In general, I love when companies actually try to reward their consumers, even if the rewards require purchases. It's one of the reasons Steam is so amazing to me, Valve has flat out given games away on the service in the past (including cool experimental shit like this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/95700/?snr=1_4_4__13). I much prefer the "have a generic card we scan every time you come in" method, too, compared to the "sign up with a credit card with our name on it" BS.
"Classic Wedge"

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Marcallo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:30 am

I'm not all that interested in Skyrim, but good point on BF3. That's DEFINITELY a PC purchase. And I wanna bet it's 59.99 on the PC also. A bunch of AAA titles that have concurrent PC releases have been hitting that price point. Crysis 2 and Starcraft 2 come to mind.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by PopnFresh » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Marcallo wrote:but good point on BF3. That's DEFINITELY a PC purchase. And I wanna bet it's 59.99 on the PC also. A bunch of AAA titles that have concurrent PC releases have been hitting that price point. Crysis 2 and Starcraft 2 come to mind.
Yeah, it sucks. I'll never get up in arms over it or anything, but it's a little annoying that what started as a necessity due to slightly more expensive media has just become standard purchase price, even for digital products that don't require the media, manuals, or manufacturing. In the past, I always looked forward to a future where prices would be lower because that manufacturing stuff could be avoided, yet for some reason it didn't occur to me that really it just means more profit per copy sold at a price people are willing to pay.

A very minor wrinkle in the brilliant and beautiful quilt that makes up digital distribution. For every $60 new release, there's a budget priced indie game that never would've been possible without this method of delivery. Could you imagine trying to sell Terraria as a box product even 10 years ago (when youtube didn't exist, so viral possibilities were limited)? Blows my mind.

Speaking of blowing my mind...
Marcallo wrote:I'm not all that interested in Skyrim
Nigga whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
"Classic Wedge"

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Marcallo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:26 pm

ROFL, I dunno after Oblivion basically required player mods to make it even remotely playable. And the fact that there games are always just plain buggy on release. I figure I'll wait a little while on that one. I still haven't played "Ass:Bro" and you know we're all about the Ass Bro around here. Seriously though my game back log is pretty deep. Witcher 2 is still sitting half finished, and I'm doing a 2nd play-through on Infamous 2.

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Feaduin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:52 pm

How is Infamous 2 btw? I got bored being a bad guy on my 2nd playthrough on Infamous 1 since the game didn't feel different enough for me to continue.

Bethesda release... I dunno about that as I still feel pissed about FONV (yes even though it was Obsidians fault). The other thing for me against Skyrim is that I didn't really like Morrowind. I know it was supposed to get better later but I just didn't have the patience for the lifelessness of the world. I did play Oblivion to the point where I had a small treasure room full of interesting loot that I laid out carefully on display. But after a while, my trophy room started to act funny as every time I zoned in, it looked like someone knocked over all my carefully positioned displays. Then things started to just plain disappear so I just said fuck this. And for all the stuff I was doing in the game I couldn't shake the feeling that I was simply wasting a lot of time on a game where I felt the core combat mechanics, especially for caster types, were really clunky and unpleasant to play. In order to survive, I was mostly running backwards in circles while slinging spells and hoping I didn't waste mana on a miss. When I ran out, the melee combat was a lot of jousting motions of running back to dodge and forward to attack. ZZZZzzzzz.

For Batman, I wouldn't consider this on PC as that's a console game for sure. I guess you all didn't like Arkham Asylum enough to mention the new Batman game? I just need to check out how good it is on PS3 vs 360 for this title. I've got the Batarang. Maybe the next version will have a grappling hook shooter hehe.

I know I'll get Gears 3 just to finish it out...for 39.99, it's almost Greatest Hits pricing after all.

Definitely will get the Collector Uncharted 3. Don't even need to think about that one.

COD3... I'm gonna wait for a Black Ops price drop so I can judge if non IW v.1 games are safe to spend money on.

Resistance 3? I don't think I've ever read anything that has convinced me that this series is so good that it is a can't-miss experience.

Battlefield - I still have this series sitting on a shelf in my backlog. Once I play, I'll be able to figure out if this NEEDS to be PC or not. More than likely, I would say that since pretty much all games have been dumbed down for consoles that the console will be fine.

Rage - Hmm let's see if I can't break my PS3 with this one.

I think that's at least five. And I'll put the funds into Deus Ex and something else.... TOR??? HMMM? :)

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Marcallo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:56 am

I didn't say it was a bad deal, in fact it's a great deal. And I do intend to get Arkham City as I actually really enjoyed AA. BUT.... 250 dollars up front spread out over months to get 100 dollars in funny money back. It's just a large outlay over a long period of time. And they know it. But if you are definitely getting ALL those games and have the up front expense then it's probably the best deal you're going to get. It's basically a little less than double what they usually give you for buying a new game. BB always gives me a 10 dollar gift card with any game I buy on release day.

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by PopnFresh » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:08 pm

I totally mentioned Batman as being one of the three console games I'd buy! I played AA a bit on the PC and it was fine - actually a little easier because of mouse sensitivity allowing for a faster camera turn speed - but something about it just feels more appropriate for a game pad on a big TV, so when I paid for it, I picked up a console version. Same goes for Assassin's Creed for me, just feels at home on a console

Black Ops won't be a very good judge for the new look IW, since it was done by Treyarch, much like World at War a few years ago. I guess to a point, a non-IW game is a non-IW game, but the current IW still has quite a few veterans there so I'd still expect better compared to Treyarch. Regardless, I'm only going to pirate COD games from now on until I play one that feels like anything more than the FPS equivalent of a new Madden game.

I tried getting into Resistance because gaming media always seems to praise the games, but I just don't see what's special about them. They feel kind of like Rise of the Triad back in the day; generic, formulaic, with a couple of interesting ideas or hooks, and very little polish. Killzone has been the same way for me, I just can't see what all the fuss is about when I play
"Classic Wedge"

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Feaduin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:51 pm

You forgot to answer if Infamous 2 was any good. Is it?

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Marcallo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Sorry, yes it's good. One of the best "gameplay" games on the PS3. If you loved the first one you'll love the second. If you hated the first one, move on.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Post by Sord » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:12 am

I wish I could afford to pre order 5 games :) I also wish we had a local Best Buy. I have to drive 60 miles south to see one.
Bye space sword!

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Feaduin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:56 am

Would you mind doing a thread about Infamous 2 in the games section for a mini review or something? :)

Sord, the preorder is not all at once. It's from now til mid November and can be done exclusively online. I read elsewhere that some people are gonna get with friends to buy the stuff they want from the list so that might be a good idea too. Maybe you have that one friend who's a soccer nut and loves FIFA (something I'd never get but would relieve me of the obligation to get 5 titles myself). The only drawback is that the person who's account the games are purchased under will also have to be the one who converts the $100 into merchandise. Oh and you can't get multiple copies of one game. Wishes sorta granted? :)

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Post by Sord » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:05 pm

True enough I guess! I tend to forget about the online store cause I really just enjoy wandering around the actual store. They got all sorts of cool shit. I have to force myself to not spend hundreds of dollars I don't have on their massive dvd selection. Their anime section is pretty impressive.
Bye space sword!