I never beat Final Fantasy VII.

Playing a game that doesn't have a forum all it's own? Chib about it here!
Lightfeather
Your Admin
Your Admin
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Custom Rank: Petrichor
Games: Guild Wars 2

I never beat Final Fantasy VII.

Post by Lightfeather » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:17 am

I admit it. I never beat it. I got all the way to the end and had to grind out some levels to help beat the last guy and I never got around to doing it. I always had every intention of going back and doing it, so I could finish the story, but I NEVER DID.

Steam had a copy on sale for 6 bucks recently so I picked it up. OMG all the sounds and music, so nostalgic! But holy shit the graphics and weird gimp controller port is so hard to get over. I'm going to do my best to power through it though. I WILL BEAT THIS GAME!

Chloe is no help either. She can't understand why I'd opt to play such an ugly, blocky looking game when I could replay Ori and the Blind Forrest again. Every time she looks up at the screen she has something disparaging to say about how bad the game looks.

:trolldance: <--- My kid.
ImageImage

Kyecsrai
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Hooters gonna hoot.
Games: Your mom.

Re: I never beat Final Fantasy VII.

Post by Kyecsrai » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:10 am

I remember my first play through of FFVII. I somehow made it to the last boss battle with my entire party at level 30 and got absolutely destroyed.
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.

Lightfeather
Your Admin
Your Admin
Bank: Locked
Custom Rank: Petrichor
Games: Guild Wars 2

Post by Lightfeather » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:21 pm

I don't remember what level my party was at but I have a similar memory. I got all the way there and got my ass handed to me. I was like, OK, no big deal. Just grind out a few levels and come back to finish this jerk.

NARRATOR'S VOICE: Twenty Years Later...

I made it to the second save point, but holy shit this is going to be a chore.
ImageImage

Sord
Brewmaster
Brewmaster
Custom Rank: The Trev

Post by Sord » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:44 pm

FF7 was pretty fun and some of the music is stuck in my head. Namely the music from the golden saucer theme park. Shit, now I'm going to link some songs.

The last time I played this, me and a friend did the chocobo racing shit so much and we bred the perfect racing machines. And did the ridiculous shit where you could cast Knights of the Round multiple times in a round which basically one shot any bosses we came across with the exception of some of the Weapon bosses but even they went down with ez.
Bye space sword!