Guild Wars: WoW

Munki talks about this too much. Here is an outlet for his enthusiasm.
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Cash on hand: Locked
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Guild Wars: WoW

Post by Marcallo » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:51 pm

So I reinstalled the original guildwars to get my feet wet again. I actually ended up purchasing the game of the year version because I couldn't find my disks or remember my old NCsoft account info. Whatever. So I install it from online create a character and now I am downloading 10,000 files to update the game before I can even log in. That was TEN THOUSAND files.....
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Post by Phat.Stack » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:31 am

Vegeta, what does the reading say?

WHAT?!?!? ITS OVER TEN THOUSAND?!?!!?
Last edited by Phat.Stack on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Marcallo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:07 am

Hey Ben, do you still play? I'm really enjoying and am probably going to buy GW:EN and either factions or nightfall half off. Which did you like better?

Also I did something really cool the other night. I loaded up Guildwars with the command -image at the end and it downloaded 2.5gigs of updates overnight so now I don't have to download anything when I go from zone to zone.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Phat.Stack » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:11 am

Go for Nightfall, it added some great stuff to GW. Factions didnt really add anything very interesting to the game. Unless you have a burning desire to be a ninja.

I don't play GW anymore... but that's not to say that I couldn't come back to it in the future. Right now Im actually back to enjoying WoW again. WoW + TF2 = full game plate.

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Post by Munki » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:31 am

Nightfall was definately my favorite between the 3 "full games." Heroes are awesome, the Dervish and Paragon were fun / cool classes (while I found the Assassin and Ritualist of Factions kind of meh), the story had a better flow and a much more cinematic presentation to it... all around it was the best of the three.

However, Factions had some pretty good skills... some skills that can be described as a backbone of many many builds. You can still make good strong builds with just Prophecies and Nightfall though.
Space for Rent

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Marcallo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:38 am

If I REALLY wanted to PvP and I'm still waiting on some Hellfire guys to get back to me, I could just spend the 20 bucks and download the PVP/Skill packs.

However I'm really enjoying the story and gameplay and the minimal interaction with other players. I just hit level 11 on my W/R and I've grouped a total of 3 times I think. So I think I'm gonna get GW:EN and Nightfall before teh special offer runs out.

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Post by Munki » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:59 am

Once you get Nightfall, you really don't have to group up except for the high level content (not necissarily the story stuff... just the "raid" - level content like in Domain of Anguish and stuff. It's not really required, just something extra and it's way to hard to try it without a full balanced party of humans).

I may try and pop on once in awhile to play with you, and I think Jae may still be playing.

You should hook guild wars up to steam, taht way I can see when you are playing which might make me more prone to jump in and join you :)
Space for Rent

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Marcallo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:13 am

REDICULOUS... They won't let me purchase GW:EN and Nightfall because I already bought 2 games from them this month, Planetside and the Game of the Year version. If you spend more than 100 dollars at their online store in a month, including monthy subscription fees they freeze your account.

Like seriously I've never heard of a company turning down my money before. I'm gonna try a different credit card but that is the silliest thing I've ever heard.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Phat.Stack » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 am

ZOMG STOP SPENDING MONEY ON OUR PRODUCTS!!! NO, I DONT WANT TO VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY INSTEAD OF FREEZING YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

That's just silly.

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Marcallo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:36 pm

All fixed, I called them up and they did a reset of my payment history. Nice security feature. "WE'LL ANNOY YOU TO DEATH CREDIT CARD HAXXORS!!!!"

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bank: Locked
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: Okami

Post by Lightfeather » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:08 pm

I had the same issue at like 2am trying to buy all three at once. It's because kids grab their parent's credit cards and fuck shit up for everyone else.

Now when I buy from them I always call first and tell them what I'm doing and no I haven't stolen mommy's credit card. I AM MOMMY! GIB ME MY GAMAGE! :mad:
ImageImage