The Kurzick vs Luxon debate

Munki talks about this too much. Here is an outlet for his enthusiasm.
Phat.Stack
Exalted Brewmaster
Exalted Brewmaster
Cash on hand: Locked
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

The Kurzick vs Luxon debate

Post by Phat.Stack » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:04 am

This is for you Factions owners out there.

I am quickly approaching the point in the storyline where I have to decide between farming 10,000 rep with one of these factions. So, before making my decision I wanted to have a quick discussion.

Has anyone already picked a faction?

The guild that sent us an alignment invite (not to force us to raid or anything) is just a guild that is really helpful that my brother in law is in. They ran me though a couple of the more difficult Factions quests when I got stuck... their guild tag is [Borg]. Anyway, they confirmed they are with the Kurzicks... so if no one has made progress on this, Ill probably go Kurzick too.

Weigh in!

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette
Games: Diablo III, GW2, Monster Hunter
Guild: Grog, TOG

Post by Munki » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:41 am

I have absolutely no opinion on what side to go. Kurzicks is fine with me.
Space for Rent

Jae
Exalted Brewmaster
Exalted Brewmaster

Post by Jae » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:16 pm

My necro and warrior were Luxon because the guild I was in was Luxon.

In AB and other retardo-random pvp, Luxons are otherwise known as Suxons. Kurzicks always seem to win in random pvp, don't ask me why.

My answer: whichever side your guild is on. If that doesn't apply to you, then pick the side with the cooler armor. It really doesn't matter.

Phat.Stack
Exalted Brewmaster
Exalted Brewmaster

Post by Phat.Stack » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:38 pm

Kurzick it is.

I agree, it really doesn't matter that much. Its not like the Aldor vs Scryer issue in WoW where you go into negative rep with the other side.

Phat.Stack
Exalted Brewmaster
Exalted Brewmaster

Post by Phat.Stack » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:22 am

Finally done with this nonsense. Got my 10k with the Kurzicks and got on with the business of getting through the Factions campaign.

Im down to the last 4ish quests before finishing Factions... but then I heard that the armor vendor for the 15k armor is only accessible when you beat the game. Meaning, if you ever need to go back to him, you have to beat the game again.

So, before I beat Factions, Ill have to farm up all the plat I need to pay for my armor. Which sucks.

I could go with the Kurzick 15k armor... but then Id have to either farm more rep to get amber or shell out even more money to buy it. Which also sucks.