Question and Answer Game

Stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. (As if our other threads don't run off topic already.)
SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: I'm a cotton headed ninny-muggins

Re: Question and Answer Game

Postby SectsDryve » Thu May 24, 2012 5:27 am

A: An old friend of mine mailed me a scarf they made for me one Christmas. When I opened up the package, before putting it on, I buried my face into it. It reminded me of a million hugs and a thousand fond memories.

Q: When eating Gummi Bears, do you eat your favorite color last, favorite color first, or is there no order to your Gummi feastings?
Elune:
Jeabus-Human Warlock, Hoshi-Night Elf Druid, Ginkobiloba-Undead Mage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Sat May 26, 2012 6:46 am

A: I usually save the colors I like best for last. I don't usually like the yellow and green ones (lemon and lime usually) so I wolf those down first or I give them away if someone is around. Then I savor all the rest of the good flavors. I like lemons, I like limes but I hate lemon/lime flavored candy.

Q: How do you like your french fries? Ketchup? Ranch dressing? Salt? Completely plain?!
Bye space sword!

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby SectsDryve » Sat May 26, 2012 4:57 pm

A: At a restaurant I will get my fries with either Ketchup or BBQ sauce, depending on my mood. At home, I will sometimes mix ketchup and mayo for my fries. Salted fries in both situations.

Q: Are you able to remember phone numbers at all anymore?

Seems like with cell phones and bump apps and scanning codes and blue tooth phone to phone communicating -- remembering seven numbers has gotten passe'
Elune:

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Sun May 27, 2012 3:22 am

A. I actually still have a land line phone that doesn't have number memory (Sooooo Oooooold) so I do recall the numbers I call most frequently. Which are two. My parents house and Damon's cell phone. Got them by heart. Area codes included. Doesn't hurt that my parents still have the same phone number since when I was in kindergarden. I learned it in first grade as part of a class assignment where the teacher made sure every kid in her class could call home in an emergency.

Q. Did you ever have to sit though a "sex talk" by a family member and if so, who was the lucky sucker who had to tell you all about bumpin' uglies?
ImageImage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Sun May 27, 2012 12:42 pm

A: Nope. I actually learned about the birds and the bees in school. You know, that one day out of the year the really super Christian parents would have their kids removed from school for the day. Oddly enough, I don't recall anyone from my class having the day off. I guess my school was a bit more liberal than some!

Q: Did you get to stay for the birds and bees talk in your school?
Bye space sword!

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Mon May 28, 2012 5:46 am

A. I did! They separated the boys and the girls and told them all about their own reproductive organs. So I never really learned about the penis until high school when I found Damon and he was willing to give me a demonstration. ;) It was really pretty stupid to give kids only one half of the story. I mean they told you how it worked but glossed over it in favor of telling you how your period was going to show up one day and how to deal with it. I'm sure the boys were getting a talk all about wet dreams but I wouldn't know because I was listening to a talk about what sorts of things I could mop up blood with. (I think I got a bad sex ed teacher.)

At home my mother was tasked with telling me about how things worked but she bought me a picture book instead, gave it to me, and left the room. It was a cartoon book with sperm that had smiley faces on them. Wish I knew where that stupid thing went to. I think it was called "The special hug" or something. With the internet as my tool, I'm going to teach my kid about wangs without her having to figure it out the way I did. It was extremely frustrating.

Q. Whenever I watch stupid high school shows and they do a section about sex ed they always show the teacher pulling out the banana and showing you how to put the condom on it. Does that even happen in real life? Did you ever get the banana condom lesson? I sure didn't!
ImageImage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Mon May 28, 2012 10:18 am

A: Not a banana but I do recall some sort of wooden post that more resembled a small paper towel holder than anything. It was pretty awkward watching the teacher stretch the rubber over that (it was a sad looking penis. The poor rubber wasn't even close to fitting). Also I think we actually saw some sort of PSA type movies made in the early 80's that may or may not have shown a banana. That teacher was awkward in just about every way. She'd often lose her trail of thought and stare up at the ceiling mid sentence. At least my school was realistic and basically knew kids were gonna fuck regardless of the abstinence chat so they really pushed the education on contraceptives. Fun fact: My county has the highest rate of teen pregnancy in the state.

Q: What was your most awkward/embarrassing moment in high school?
Bye space sword!

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Mon May 28, 2012 11:48 am

A. My desk was right next to the teachers in 11th grade English class. I had turned so my back was too him because my friend was telling me something funny. I doubled over with laughter but I guess the pressure from bending in half with mirth pushed out a ripper of a fart. Oh man. I whipped about to see if he had noticed and he was looking RIGHT at me with a raised eyebrow and a none-too-pleased look on his face. You know, the kind of look you'd give someone if they farted in your general direction. Boy I sure wanted to melt into the floor. I'm sure more of the class heard too but I put my head down and was quiet for the rest of class until the bell rang so I could bolt out of there.

Q. What was YOUR most awkward/embarrassing moment in high school? (Totally can't think of a question right now...)
ImageImage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:23 am

A: I've been trying to remember for the past few days but I just don't think I actually had any embarrassing moments in high school. I really enjoyed high school for the most part. Classes were easy, I excelled in a few places. I was lazy in others. I got what people dubbed as "Senioritis" which is where your grades drop pretty low in your senior year because you don't need good great grades in order to graduate. In my case, I had all the credits I needed by the end of 11th grade so 12th grade was a breeze filled with lots of teacher aide classes. I went from A's and B's down to B's and C's and maybe a D in there someplace. I was fantastic at math all the way through trig and calc but for some reason physics class (which is heavily math based science for those that didn't take it) I just couldn't be assed to succeed at and I got a poor grade. I'll be damned if I can remember any of my higher math skills...

Q: I totally went off topic there. I miss high school. What was your favorite class or experience in school?
Bye space sword!

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby SectsDryve » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:15 pm

A: My favorite class/experience moment in school had nothing to do with school assignments or school work. More of awesome memories really, two of them in fact. Both of them are about Mr. Meldrome.

One time during Biology... Mr. Meldrome decided to explain why there was a substitute last week. He started class with a story about him a group of friends that biked to a hiking trail that ended in a free climb up a tall plateau, where they camped that night. They packed light, so they still were wearing their spandex bike clothes when the beer drinking started. Beer drinking around a camp fire leads to shenanigans apparently. Because they started lighting their flatulence. Mr. Meldrome then explained how he had to tear the now molten spandex from his friends o-ring. Amusing way to start Biology.

The other was magic show presentation to explain science. But the whole day was just a magic show. Mr. Meldrom did his tricks in front of a black curtain with all the lights aimed forward. One of them he made some things float in mid-air. We couldn't see his assistant (who was mysteriously absent during magic show day) who was wearing all black in front of that black curtain. She was a girl I had a crush on, and when they revealed how the trick worked. I got to see my high school crush in skin tight black clothing. Good memories.

--

Q: Have you seen "Snow White and the Huntsman" yet? Thoughts?
Elune:

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Postby Kiawah » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:50 pm

A. Not yet, although I probably will see it considering my GF is a huge twilight fan. I'm more interested in seeing Charlize Theron though, I love her.

Q. What movie are you/were you most anticipating this summer?

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:22 pm

A. Brave. Love me some animated sweetness.

Q. Do you like your soda (or pop) in a glass with ice or right out of the can?
ImageImage

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby SectsDryve » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:30 pm

A: Glass with ice. Especially now that the weather has gotten warmer. And I'm an ice muncher.

Q: How are you doing with your New Years resolution(s) so far?
Elune:

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:37 pm

A. Great! My new years resolution was to eat a sandwich. I think I nailed that one the first week of January so I was off the hook for the rest of the year. I've stopped making lofty resolutions because I never keep them and am always disappointing myself. I'm happier this way. <3

Q. Do you have plans for the fourth of July?
ImageImage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:07 pm

A: I do have plans! I'm going to split the cost of some fireworks with my brother and we shall set them off in the evening. I'll most likely grill some chunk of beast earlier in the day. Of all holidays, Independence Day is my favorite. I love a good fireworks show and the show our city puts on is actually pretty good. Let's just ignore the one year that they accidentally set off the finale at the start. So it was an AMAZING show for like 2-3 minutes but then it was over. The city came too quickly. :rofl: :worry:

Q: Do you like to be the one to ignite fireworks or do you prefer to watch from a distance?
Bye space sword!

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Postby Kiawah » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:10 am

A. That is dependent on how much alcohol I'm consuming that 4th of July (or other holiday). It's a linear relationship, such that the more that is consumed, the less I want to be around things that could put my eye out. I have enough drinking related scars.

Q. If you could smack one person, who would it be?

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:58 pm

A. You, for killing this thread after it got back onto a nice roll.

Q. Where do sneezes go when they're held in?
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby SectsDryve » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:01 pm

A: They turn into midichlorians and ruin Star Wars movies.

Q: If you could juggle live animals, which animal would you choose to juggle that would most impress your audience?
Elune:

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:41 pm

A: Sharks. Preferably with lasers attached to their heads.

Q: How are you today?
Bye space sword!

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:39 pm

A: I'm good! Work has been surprisingly busy, but aside from that everything is excellent. I just noticed you asked this question on Monday, so now I have to think back...yeah, Monday was pretty good too. Good times.

Q: If you could be one character from a videogame, who would it be and why? It must be an established character, not some MMO creation or some other cop out
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:43 pm

A. It's a tossup between Samus from Metroid and Raziel from Legacy of Kain. Samus because she's like a Swiss army knife of multifunctionality. And Raziel because he was a badass who evolved to grow wings, (which were ripped off because of a jealous douche) and spent the whole game hunting for revenge. I adore a good revenge story. And revenge because someone ripped off your wings and killed you? I can get behind that 100%.

Q. Have you had any unsatisfied food cravings lately? I've been dying for a big fat cold POM wonderful pomegranate and a steaming hot bowl of cioppino. Alas, one is out of my reach due to the season and the other due to price.
ImageImage

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby SectsDryve » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:58 am

A: Just this morning I poured a bowl of cereal, and the milk is expired. So now I really really want cereal, but eating it dry is not what I crave.

Q: If it came down to it... you could only have one or the other. Would you keep your left arm or your cell phone?
Elune:

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:54 am

A. Left arm, no doubt. I don't even own a smart phone. I hardly use my cell phone. I don't even have a texting plan. My phone is a bare bones nuthin'-but-phone phone. I'm sad to say the only people who call it are my parents because for some reason I have a hard time making face-to-face friends, so the only reason I have it is to call AAA if my car breaks down on the road. If I didn't have my left arm it would be very hard to pick my child up, cross stitch, paint, type on a keyboard quickly or any number of other things I'd miss more than that brick of overpriced technology. And my life long dream of being a court stenographer would be right out the window... (that last one was total sarcasm.)

Q. Now I feel bitter that I can't afford a better phone so I can feel like a member of the rest of society. I hate feeling so left out! Everyone in my family has a smart phone. My sister, my mother, my father, my aunts and uncles, my cousins... I used to be on the freaking cutting edge of tech! Damon and I had mini disk players before mp3's sent them the way of betamax for Christ sake! We used to import game systems from Japan before they were released in the states! /sigh How times have changed...

What was the last thing that made you feel bitter towards the world, like an old sour lemon?
ImageImage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:03 pm

A: Probably the recent announcement that my idiot brother who has a terrible relationship with his girlfriend (they basically fight and call eachother names all the time(seemingly mostly in jest but not always)) are getting married and having a baby. I want to find whatever divine entity that decided that was a good idea and punch them right in the fucking neck.

Q: I like Nicole's question so I'm passing it along. What was the last thing that made you feel bitter towards the world, like an old sour lemon?
Bye space sword!

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby SectsDryve » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:53 pm

A: Every four years the nation seems to do the same thing all over again. During election year, ignorance reigns. People stop thinking for themselves and bad decisions are made. Currently there are people that want to vote 'not-Obama' they don't even care about there being a candidate, they just want the current President out. This might not be an issue if they did care about the person replacing him. We have one side voting for a person for president. And we have another side voting for some vague concept. Which could lead to someone thoroughly ruining our country.

I don't consider myself liberal or conservative -- both sides are full of ignorance and stupids. This same thing happened back when people were voting for 'not-Bush' and Kerry was going to be their choice. You can see this in the news. Mitt Romney is essentially sitting back and saying, 'Yup, I'm not Obama.' For those that genuinely back Romney let's look at their actions. Facebook posts, websites, so-called news sites taking an obvious slant or fudging up the facts to the point that they are taken out of context or words are put into the mouths of those under fire. It's all ignorant bullshit. I can do a five minute Google search and get the real picture. Does not matter your political leaning. Question the source. Use your brain. You don't like Obama, great. But if you see an article written by a site known for only showing part of or misleading the facts. Do some research, stop being a sheep.

--

Q: Now that it is Summer, do you have a problem with chirping Crickets?

Last night I could barely sleep, there were three very loud ones holding a chirp off in my kitchen.
Elune:

Return to “Off Topic”