Question and Answer Game

Stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. (As if our other threads don't run off topic already.)
Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Re: Question and Answer Game

Postby Lightfeather » Mon May 07, 2012 3:57 pm

A. When I was a kid I climbed up a walnut tree to pick the unripened, hard green walnuts in order to chuck them from my perch on high at my cousins who were too scared to climb up the tree. As I reached for a particularly big missile the branch I was holding onto snapped and I fell to the ground, hitting every branch on the way down (which probably saved my life, slowing my decent) the small twigs scratching and pulling at my hair and skin until I landed with a thud in a brick pile below. Yes. A helterskelter pile of BRICKS that my grandmother was going to use to build something had broken my fall. Surprisingly enough I didn't break anything but I had a monster fat lip and some sick bruises.

Of course you said injury, not accident, so I guess my worst injury ever would have to be the two times I went into surgery and was cut open. In 2006 for a C-section birth and in 2011 for a gallbladder removal. Those took a while to recover from.

A. What's the worst injury YOU'VE ever had? (Sorry, I'm a question recycler...)
ImageImage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Mon May 07, 2012 4:30 pm

A: It is a tossup. Worst in terms of pain? Sprained ankle. I was riding one of those foot scooters down a grassy hill and biffed it at the bottom and twisted my ankle pretty good. I cried a lot. Worst in terms of looks? I was skateboarding down a hill and was going a bit too fast. I tried to stop myself by hopping off the skateboard and running to a stop but instead had wayyyy too much forward momentum and ended up diving down the road and sliding along my stomach, side and left arm. I still have a scar on my arm from it. I looked pretty bad but it was mostly superficial and fairly painless other than some stinging from being all scraped up.

Q: Did you have a person in your life that you feel was the "one that got away?" If so, describe them and what was the circumstances in which they got away.
Bye space sword!

Grendal
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Custom Rank: Tinkerbell

Postby Grendal » Mon May 07, 2012 8:40 pm

A: Kristen Ingram. At military school we were fast friends, and soon inseparable. In a school with a graduating class of only 75 cadets, word around campus was we were two peas in a pod. She'd explain how one of the other cadets treated her horribly, only wanted her for sex, and I'd sit there imagining how good I could and would treat her. Years went by (2 to be exact) and during that time there were automobile accidents (hers, not her fault) where she asked for ME in the ER, there were awkward admittances (mine, totally my fault) of love and devotion with no response (and then a delayed, "I love you but as a friend, can't we just have that?" response). I would have died for that girl. Now that I'm older and know what love is -- and know what people are like -- I still love her. I think that's not completely unfair to my wife. I would never leave my wife for her, but right up until the second she said "I do" I would have certainly considered it. Sigh. Damn you for asking the hard questions.

Q: What's the hardest kept secret you've ever had, and from whom, and why? (fyi: my answer is above)

dcazman
Captain
Captain
Custom Rank: Master of the obvious.
Games: PS4 games

Postby dcazman » Thu May 10, 2012 5:37 am

a) A friend asked me to keep silent on asking questions to another friend.
Short story is my friend thought his wife was cheating with my other friend. 3 friends me in the middle. It tore me apart not being able to ask questions, because the proof was so much against my other friend I had to stop trusting him.

I played judge and jury and never gave my other friend a chance. To date, I do not talk to that other friend and I hate myself for never getting his side.

b) Is there a question in this game "you" wished you had not asked?
This space for rent , playing DOW and games on the PS3

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Thu May 10, 2012 5:43 am

A: Honestly, I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, let alone any of the questions I've asked in this behemoth of a thread. I'm sure I'd be fine re-reading my answers. I've gone back to read stuff that I've written from years ago, and although I sound young and clueless in a lot of posts, I don't regret writing it. That's who I was when I posted. I'm pretty sure I've repeated questions a bunch just because I can't remember what I've asked.

Q: Do you eat breakfast right when you wake up or is it the last thing you grab on your way out the door?
ImageImage

dcazman
Captain
Captain

Postby dcazman » Thu May 10, 2012 6:19 am

a: I try to pace food. I pack all my food in a bag in the fridge most nights, then in the AM I head to work food bag in tow.

Food bag has a microwaveable breakfast sandwich that is passable, I eat this right when I sit at my desk after heating it and turning on everything/ with coffee, banana (I eat one a day and I do not get muscle cramps) I eat this about an hour later, cheese sticks an hour later over 30 mins, then I am normally near lunch and do my best to not starve waiting for lunch.

lunch is a sandwich, 4 slices of deli meat, 1-2 slices of cheese, 2 slices of whole grain bread (it is hardly ever white bread), tomato slice, onion slice, (I regularly cut my self making the slices and need a mandolin), Mayo.

Snack 30 minutes later is a small bag of nuts

Snack around 3pm is popcorn and thats food process.

q: What will you not forgive yourself for if anything?

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Thu May 10, 2012 10:36 am

A: I have nightmares about losing track of my daughter in a public place or just generally being negligent about her. Like forgetting she's with me and going about my business only to recall hours later, "OH HOLY FUCK WHERE'S CHLOE!?!" Spending the rest of my life wondering where she was and waiting for the police to find her body. I've also read too many horror stories about frazzled parents leaving their toddlers in the car after forgetting to drop them off at daycare and then they go into work, their kids still strapped into their car seats in the back, cooking in the heat of the summer in the car. Then at the end of the day, they get ready to go pick their kids up from daycare only to find them deceased in the backseat. Just... my worst nightmare. Having my kid die or go missing, and it being all. my. fault. I would throw myself off the nearest roof if that ever happened.

Q: Do you ever feel overwhelmed by responsibility?
ImageImage

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: I'm a cotton headed ninny-muggins

Postby SectsDryve » Sat May 12, 2012 3:11 am

A: Is that not life itself? Right when you are born you are responsible to keep breathing, eating and removing waste. As a kid you are responsible to listen to your parents, to be nice your brother and stop hitting your sister, to be polite to strangers and eat your vegetables. As a teenager you are responsible to help with chores, get good grades and to fit into a group. As a young adult you are responsible to break out of the group mentality and be your own person, to pay taxes and go to work everyday. As an adult you are responsible with bills, a family of your own, and instilling responsibility into your own children. Later in life you are responsible for a stash of savings in case of the unforeseen and to remind other younger people about their responsibilities. In your elder years, you are responsible to have a retirement fund and insurance in case of the inevitable.

So yeah, I feel overwhelmed.

Q: Besides common domesticated animals. What animal annoys you the most? (I don't trust capybaras.)
Elune:
Jeabus-Human Warlock, Hoshi-Night Elf Druid, Ginkobiloba-Undead Mage

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Sun May 13, 2012 4:50 am

A. I don't think I've ever really been annoyed by an animal that wasn't domestic because I haven't been near one long enough to be annoyed. I also live with a small child so my tolerances for annoyances is sort of through the roof right now. (I can put up with a lot of shit before I explode and kill something.) I guess if I had to pick something, I'd say the bats that used to live in the eaves of my old apartment. I didn't REALLY hate them, because they were awesome and I loved watching them fly out for the evening and come back to roost in the wee hours of the morning, and they kept the mosquito population down. But the shit. OH the shit. I could have very well done without the bat shit all over my porch. I had to sweep it every damn day or people would track it into the house.

Q. What's your optimal domicile temperature?
ImageImage

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby SectsDryve » Mon May 14, 2012 2:49 am

A: I'm in Arizona, it would be ideal if it wasn't so hot that I was waking up in a puddle of my own sweat. It's happened before, it is not pleasant. I like the room to be nice and cool with a fan going on low to move the air around. But not so cold that I need more than shorts.

Q: If you could, unfortunately, be limited to only one or the other. What would you rather be -- too hot or too cold? (explain your reasoning)
Elune:

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Mon May 14, 2012 3:15 pm

A. Well, if I were allowed to do something about the heat or chill, I would prefer to be cold. If it's hot, you can strip down to bare-assed naked and still be hot and uncomfortable, but if you're too cold... you can keep layering until you feel warm again. If I wasn't allowed to alleviate my discomfort and had to pick a suffrage, I think I'd still pick cold based off the medical results between the two. Hypothermia, the state of having a very low body temperature, has many damaging side effects BUT even at very low body temperatures, people can survive for several hours and be successfully revived, though they may appear to be dead.

Hyperthermia, or extremely high body temp, on the other hand... is a bitch. One of the body's most important methods of temperature regulation is perspiration. When the body becomes sufficiently dehydrated to prevent the production of sweat this avenue of heat reduction is closed. When the body is no longer capable of sweating core temperature begins to rise swiftly. Victims may become confused, may become hostile, often experience headache , and may seem drunk. Blood pressure may drop significantly from dehydration, leading to possible fainting or dizziness, especially if the victim stands suddenly. Heart rate and respiration rate will increase as blood pressure drops and the heart attempts to supply enough oxygen to the body. The skin will become red as blood vessels dilate in an attempt to increase heat dissipation. The decrease in blood pressure will cause blood vessels to contract as heat stroke progresses, resulting in a pale or bluish skin colour. Complaints of feeling hot may be followed by chills and trembling, as is the case in fever. Some victims, especially young children, may suffer convulsions . Acute dehydration such as that accompanying heat stroke can produce sickness and vomiting; temporary blindness may also be observed. Eventually, as body organs begin to fail, unconciousness and coma will result.

So I think I'd rather be way too cold with the potential to be roused from my chilled stupor, rather than cook in my own juices.

Q. Did you actually read all that?
ImageImage

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby SectsDryve » Mon May 14, 2012 4:08 pm

A: Every word, and I learned something new and I appreciate that.

Q: Besides The Avengers, what was the last movie worthy of a midnight movie release for you?
Elune:

Grendal
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Custom Rank: Tinkerbell

Postby Grendal » Wed May 16, 2012 6:19 am

A: So I'm going to answer this in a slightly not fair way. I know you're going for the "what movie did you see with the most hype" and I can't even answer that since I don't usually go out to see big-hype movies. But if you rephrase it "what's the last movie you saw that deserved a midnight release showing" it was certainly Inception. It was such a perfect movie and I understood it the entire way. I understand why a lot of people were a bit mystified and didn't like it due to it's complexity but (this is a shameful thing) I LOVE Leonardo Dicaprio. With a mancrush and passion never before seen. And that movie was just....wow. So good. I saw it I think 4 times in theatres and own both the Blu-Ray, DVD, and electronic copies. Love love love that movie.

Q: If you could have a superpower that was NOT flying, invisibility, or mind-reading, what would it be and why?

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Postby Kiawah » Wed May 16, 2012 8:04 am

Grendal wrote:Q: If you could have a superpower that was NOT flying, invisibility, or mind-reading, what would it be and why?

A. I think the obvious would be the invulnerability and super strength (i.e. Hulk) or telekinesis (i.e. the Phoenix). My personal fav would be teleportation though. Combine teleportation with super quick reflexes (i.e. Nightcrawler), and you've got some pretty amazing potential.

Q. Minus a holodeck full of naked ladies, what technology from Star Trek would you most like to have right now?

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Wed May 16, 2012 9:11 am

A: A replicator. In a room full of naked ladies.

Q: What is your favorite Sci-Fi space ship?
Bye space sword!

dcazman
Captain
Captain

Postby dcazman » Wed May 16, 2012 10:43 am

Sord wrote:A: A replicator. In a room full of naked ladies.

Q: What is your favorite Sci-Fi space ship?

A: I really liked Destiny, but since it was not really 100% functional and breaking down I would take the Enterprise as my favorite. Its the size of a small city with plenty to do on it.

Q: Do you remember a question here you wish you had answered and if so what was the question ?

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby SectsDryve » Fri May 18, 2012 2:34 am

A:
Baile wrote:Q: Have you screwed up your New Year's resolution yet or stuck to it?

I chose this question because it marked the last question right before the Grog boards rejuvenation (for the Q/A game at the very least). I'd have liked to have answered it: "I just now made my new years resolution, and the year is half over!"

Played some Diablo 3 with Ved, told him Grog is back -- hoping he drops in. If you know a Grogite from old, bring them back!

Q: Do you or anyone you know own an hour glass? (plastic board game timers don't count)
Elune:

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Fri May 18, 2012 3:09 am

A: Pretty sure my grandmother has/had one. I distinctly remember playing with it while I was a child.

Q: What restaurant is the one place you keep going back to and why?
Bye space sword!

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Fri May 18, 2012 5:15 pm

A. Kyoto's Japanese Restaurant - Prices are good for the portions you receive and it's ALWAYS tasty. Plus I only get to go out for Japanese twice a year, (Damon's birthday and mine) due to the cost so it's a super special treat. We had to skip it last year because of the whole job loss thing. I've been Jonesing for it for a very long time. Fuck. Now I'm hungry. When we had disposable income we would frequent Fresh Choice on a regular basis. We haven't been out to a restaurant in a while. #hardknockslifeforus

Q. If you live in the United States, have you lived in more than one state and how did they compare to each other?
ImageImage

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby SectsDryve » Fri May 18, 2012 5:25 pm

A: Born and raised and went to school in Arizona. It was hot and brown and boring. I lived two years in Northern California. That was comfortable and rainy and foggy and awesome and green and lots of fun. Now that I'm back in Arizona, it is just as brown and dull as I remember. I want to have money enough to go back to green and fun.

Q: When you wash your forks, knives and spoons -- Do you arrange them business end up or business end down? (Be it in the dish washer basket or on the drying rack utensil cup.)
Elune:

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Fri May 18, 2012 5:31 pm

A. I used to just toss them in Jonestown style (Wherever they fall, there shall they be buried) but a nasty cut convinced me to stick the pointy ends down.

Q. If a magic fairy came floating down and offered you one of two places to live, an apartment in a bustling city or a log cabin in the wilderness, which would you choose?
ImageImage

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby SectsDryve » Sat May 19, 2012 1:54 pm

A: Does the Cabin have internet? I kid, I would go for the quiet cabin in the woods over a loud smelly city. The noise and pollution don't appeal to me as much as the sounds of nature and cool uninterrupted breezes.

Q: If you were a pirate, Monkey or Parrot?
Elune:

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Mon May 21, 2012 8:45 am

A. Totally parrot. That was easycakes.

Q. Burning hair has a very distinct smell. If hair catches on fire, you will never forget how it smelled. I was just thinking about how I came to be aware of this fact. When was the first time I ever smelled burning hair? I think someone told me that it smelled REALLY bad so I actually plucked a few hairs from my head and used a lighter to burn them to get a whiff. (PfreakingU!) So, have you ever experienced the smell of burning hair and what was the circumstances surrounding the discovery of this particular odor?
ImageImage

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby SectsDryve » Mon May 21, 2012 12:50 pm

A: I had a pet cat that sniffed at a candle too enthusiastically. Hair and Fur, when burned, has the same smell. I had to pat kitty and blow out the candle. No lasting damage was done and there was no flames, but there was singe fur enough to change the quality of the air.

Q: If I mention sun baked garden hose water. Does that immediately elicit that distinctive taste from childhood?
Elune:

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Mon May 21, 2012 8:10 pm

A: It sure does. I chugged out of the garden hose plenty during my childhood. During a hot day, the first glug always got me. It was hot and funky tasting, then the cool rush of cold water made everything better, though it still had that garden hose taste. I didn't mind. It was cold and I was thirsty.

Q: What odor/flavor elicits a good memory for you?
Bye space sword!

Return to “Off Topic”