Chloe's School Fundraiser

Stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. (As if our other threads don't run off topic already.)
Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Chloe's School Fundraiser

Postby Lightfeather » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:13 pm

I know I know... BUT SHE'S ONLY IN KINDERGARTEN! Here's the message I've been circulating to try and get 15 sales under Chloe's belt so she can win the prize she wants. Thank goodness she wasn't pooping herself for the GRAND PRIZE or we may not have met our goal. As it stands, we only have to sell 15 items to win the thing she wants. Here's the spam and the corresponding link:

So, Chloe is only in kindergarten and has already been sent on a fundraising crusade. I didn't think it would strike us so early but here we are with our hands out. ;) The school is in need of funding, and apparently Chloe is in DIRE need of a highly coveted penguin hat, complete with matching hand warmers, which is the prize for selling fifteen items. (One sale will allow her to go to a school wide popsicle party.) Unfortunately, we have a deadline for earning prizes and everything must be completed, orders processed and forms filled in by October 15, 2012, so if you can please help out today, that would be wonderful! Chloe, and Taylor Mountain Elementary, are very grateful for your support. ♥

https://www.gaschoolstore.com/home.aspx ... d25e307705
ImageImage

Rocketdog
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Games: Sims3, Skyrim

Re: Chloe's School Fundraiser

Postby Rocketdog » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 am

Nicole's the student huh?
Rocketdog | Vendela | Badgley| Biviel | Sharon | Dr. Hot&Awesome

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:04 am

It asked for my name when I signed up. I can change the name it displays since the link leads to her student ID number no matter what name is shown.

/EDIT - Just changed the profile name to Chloe but the main page is still showing up with my name so I'm going to change it back, just in case. It's still a habit of mine to fill out forms in my name since, you know, she's six. =/ She's sold five items. Ten more to reach her goal! The front page portal isn't accurately reflecting her sales but the printout of her sale list is correctly updated.

Also! The website makes it seem like it's all about magazines, but there is better stuff in the "Gifts, Wraps & Accessories" link on the left-side menu. The "Falala Gift Brochure" and the "Gourmet & Garden Gift Brochure" have some hidden gems for around $10. I mean who wouldn't want a huge hunk of "Summer Sausage" in exchange for the happiness of children? Buy the sausage and while eating it, yell out at random intervals, "FOR THE CHILDREN!!"

/EDIT2 - Six items down! Nine to go! <3<3<3<3
ImageImage

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:45 am

Seven items sold! Eight to go! You guys rock! =D
ImageImage

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Woot! Seven items to go! <3
ImageImage

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Six till we hit the finish line! Go team go!
ImageImage

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:16 am

Only two left now! We're in the home stretch! <3
ImageImage

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Copied from facebook:

I just wanted to announce that we've reached our personal fundraising goal of 15 sales in record time! Chloe's going to win the hat! It was only three days ago that I posted the link and you, my friends and family, have been very generous and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. ♥

The fundraiser will continue until the 15th of October and I can't turn my order forms in until then, so I'll update with pictures after everything is processed. The school has a $15,000 goal which they estimate could be met if every student sold about ten items. We went above and beyond that, and that's awesome! If you still want to help the school, even though Chloe has already reached her personal goal, I'll include the link again and as it will be good until the 15th.

You guys rock!
ImageImage

Return to “Off Topic”