Samsung now on the hook for $1B to Apple

Stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. (As if our other threads don't run off topic already.)
Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Samsung now on the hook for $1B to Apple

Postby Feaduin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:26 am

Holy shit here we go. Apple wins it's case in court against Samsung and now has been ordered to pay 1 billion. Not sure how the Bbc already has this information at 5 AM california time. Is court in session or something? Did the jury pull all nighters?

Now there will be apple lawsuits against everything and everyone because they invented everything (heh). For years, Apple has been slowly getting back to my good side and I was considering getting an iPad. Now I simply can't support them ever. I hope this is a lesson to Google... just patent every fucking thing EVER. Like that notification pull down that Apple copied? Patent it fast! And sue!

I suppose the only hope now is that Samsung can get it overturned at appeal. I have no love for Samsung but something needs to be the catalyst to change the US Patent system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19377261

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Re: Samsung now on the hook for $1B to Apple

Postby Marcallo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:43 am

Why is it that Samsung is taking the brunt of these lawsuits. I thought they actively worked with apple on a lot of their products? Not to mention, why isn't HTC and Motorola getting sued? The fucking Evo is a direct copy of the Galaxy S that they listed in the lawsuit as an infringement.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:10 am

Samsung is the only one with the big market share. All the others are failing badly. I suppose Apple wanted to harpoon the biggest whale first and then all the small fry would fall in line. And Samsung still supplies Apple with parts. That never stopped even during this whole charade.

Apple is suing Moto and HTC and everyone else. Now it will be anyone and anything using the Android system. With this bogus protectionist verdict, I believe that Microsoft will also jump on and sue or force heavy royalties as well because it is in their best interest to be rid of Android in favor for their failed Windows phones. Yeah Apple and MS aren't suing each other (at least not yet) even though they could.

Before someone says that I'm just some Fandroid, I should state for the record that I do not believe Samsung was right in what they did. I believe the verdict should have been split with both companies violating each other's patents. My ultimate hope was that this would cause an overhaul in the system which pretty much every tech expert agrees with. With the verdict overwhelmingly one sided and obviously protectionist, the patent troll problem will get much much much worse.

Rocketdog
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Games: Sims3, Skyrim

Postby Rocketdog » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:25 am

Feaduin wrote: Patent it fast! And sue! ......but something needs to be the catalyst to change the US Patent system.

:drunk:
Rocketdog | Vendela | Badgley| Biviel | Sharon | Dr. Hot&Awesome

Zeyk
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Zeyk » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:20 pm

^That was definitely an update to what I had read last week about this juror. I know how everyone rags on the comments and commentors but I find it useful even if I have to sift through troll bait. In that article's comments, a poster linked this from Groklaw that is really damning against the juror.

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20121002201632770

The link utterly DESTROYS the juror's excuses. This Hogan guy is such an idiot that I bet sometime in the near future, he'll out himself several more times in various interviews.

Rocketdog
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Games: Sims3, Skyrim

Postby Rocketdog » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:38 pm

http://www.fosspatents.com/2012/10/pate ... dates.html

There's so much shit bouncing back and forth between samsung and apple, I can't keep up. But heeyy...good step for the USPTO :mrgreen:
Rocketdog | Vendela | Badgley| Biviel | Sharon | Dr. Hot&Awesome

Return to “Off Topic”