1417.146 Ehmry Bay
1349.244 Darkhaven
1342.292 Anvil Rock
1153.872 Northern Shiverpeaks
1082.319 Borlis Pass
1079.313 Ferguson’s Crossing
917.602 Devona’s Rest
639.897 Kaineng

Not listing the EU servers, cuz who cares.

So looks like we are fairly low on the list! Which doesn't bug me, although now that this list has been published I'll be interested in seeing what happens to pop numbers. People don't realize that just piling on to the top servers does NOTHING, because not only are they going to be fighting the best of the best (meaning they aren't always going to win) they are going to suffer abonormally large WvW queues too.

Anyway, If ind it funny that Sord was pushing for Henge of Denravi early on, and it turns out that's the top server.

There is all sorts of interesting discussions on the official forums about this, mostly about hte fact that all the top servers do well because they have a very strong night crew to roll the map while everyone else is asleep. Hopefully Arena Net will look in to ways to help combat this. The best suggestion I've seen from the playerbase is to base point gains based on a ratio that is derived from Current Pop vs. Max Pop for a map, compared to the other guys. So if one server has say Max pop in a map, and the other 2 have like a 1/4th of max pop force, then the max pop server will say get a 33% point reduction until the pop starts to even out. Sounds like a complex system to set up, but I could also see it being a good answer. A team with a strong night force will still have a strong advantage, but one or 2 nights of uncontested control due to no opposition won't clinch the entire 2 week campaign.

Also, I was wrong! I thought Yaks would actually in the top half of the rankings (as I mentioned to Junon and Feaduin) but I guess I am an incorrect nincompoop.
Space for Rent

Rocketdog
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Games: Sims3, Skyrim

Re: Wuv Wuv rankings

Postby Rocketdog » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Munki wrote:Anyway, If ind it funny that Sord was pushing for Henge of Denravi early on, and it turns out that's the top server.

God....way to bring down our server guys!
Rocketdog | Vendela | Badgley| Biviel | Sharon | Dr. Hot&Awesome

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Postby Kiawah » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Yeah, but how many dirty phrases can you make with "Henge of Denravi", so we still win

Teasing_Pink
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Games: Guild Wars 2, Secret World

Postby Teasing_Pink » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Kiawah wrote:Yeah, but how many dirty phrases can you make with "Henge of Denravi", so we still win

I'd stone that Henge of Denravi!
More like Minge of Denravi!

Damn, having a hard time coming up with more. You're right. Not many.

Sidonia
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Custom Rank: Donner of the Robe and Hat
Location: A world of my own... but it's ok, they know me here

Postby Sidonia » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:45 pm

More like Oprah's ignored minge! ... .. . n stuff.

Zeyk
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Zeyk » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:22 am

I'll be more interested in these numbers when ArenaNet decides that getting flying hacks and the other injection hacks out of the game is more important than allowing folks to buy things in game with real cash.

WvW is bad. The number of people using speed/teleport/flying hacks is noticeable. I've seen Thiefs stay stealthed and destroy siege equipment, never coming out of stealth, unless you AE them out. Then they hit the speed hack and are simply gone, 400yds away in an instant.

Flying hacks allowing the theft of orbs while the keeps are still intact. Shit's bad. ArenaNet needs to stamp on this shit quickly.

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:42 am

Zeyk wrote:I'll be more interested in these numbers when ArenaNet decides that getting flying hacks and the other injection hacks out of the game is more important than allowing folks to buy things in game with real cash.

WvW is bad. The number of people using speed/teleport/flying hacks is noticeable. I've seen Thiefs stay stealthed and destroy siege equipment, never coming out of stealth, unless you AE them out. Then they hit the speed hack and are simply gone, 400yds away in an instant.

Flying hacks allowing the theft of orbs while the keeps are still intact. Shit's bad. ArenaNet needs to stamp on this shit quickly.

Can't wait till the note that they banned 30,000 accounts for using flying/speeding/teleporting/stealthing hacks. The flip side of no monthly charge is that they don't feel a massive rush when the first 30 days ends to do a massive patch to keep people paying.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Omoran
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Omoran » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:05 am

What needs to be done is server software will require tighter distrust of the client . Right now it trusts client too much. Probably is/was a cost measure because if add in a check on server side that is more process they need to spend money on.
Roster images are broken. I need a new sig!

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:04 pm

I hope they fix these things sooner rather than later. At least until the next exploit / hack rears its head ...
Bye space sword!

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:26 am

This website is pretty cool;

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

Looks like, unless things change a bit, we'll be having a rematch with Darkhaven and Ehmry Bay next week. Considering the fact that I think we mostly lost our large night crew that we had when we last faced Darkhaven, this may be a very different matchup than last time.
Space for Rent

Munki

Postby Munki » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Because I love talking to myself...

So this weeks matchup was pretty awesome to watch. What a close match. At this point it's going to be tough to pass Sanctum of Rall with the time that's left, but who knows?

Also an interesting Development, the long standing "#1" server, Henge of Denravi has had their big pvp alliance break up and supposedly spread out to other servers. It is still a hugely populated server, but they had a pretty crushing defeat. Sadly I think a lot of their numbers are 'hanger-ons' that only want to be on the winning server... I expect them to transfer off to Jade Quarry in a hurry.

Supposedly one of the guilds from HoD ended up on Yaks, but I dunno if that's true. I do know we had a VERY popular matchup this week due to how amazingly close it was. If things continue how they are now, we'll go up against Gates of Madness and Sanctum of Rall next week.
Space for Rent

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:27 am

For all you treat PVP like a spectator sport in this game do you actually do any? I ask because when I pick GW2 back up again I'm going to want to do a lot of PvP I think. I like PvP, I just never had the opportunity to do much with a dedicated group of people in GW2.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Munki

Postby Munki » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:10 am

I probably won't do a ton of sPvP (at least not yet... I am still diggin PvE enough) but I plan on starting to do more WvW stuff. Ultimately I'll be a balance between PvE and WvW for the most part I am sure.
Space for Rent

ecaz
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby ecaz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:25 am

5-10 man(train) group of ninja supply-line crashing awesomeness, go!

Zeyk
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Zeyk » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:57 pm

WvW is broken currently. Server transfer mechanics allow free agent super guilds to jump around to various servers. We're currently being hammered by that precise mechanic. We started out doing incredibly well with our own community facing off against SoR and GoM. Now that the uber guilds from HoD have xferred over to Sanctum of Rall, we're getting thrashed.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Yeah sadly until they fix the glaring issues (free server transfers, various explots/hacks, invisible players) I won't really take WvW seriously anymore. It is a waste of money all around, in repairs and siege / keep upgrades. No point in spending any when it wont make a lick of a difference in the outcome. I just want to get my map completion and wash my hands of it til they are all fixed.
Bye space sword!

Omoran
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Omoran » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:01 am

I'm not holding my breath for much WvW fixes. No word really has been put forth about WvW and what they are doing. But esport sPvP has a whole "team" devoted to working on it and constant changes are being done to balance based on sPvP. Which IMO is stupid because the amulets and jewelry you can use in sPvP is insane stats. 500-900 for each stat depending on which one you use. That throws balance way off when in PvE and WvW we have no access to stats like that. So a person 1 shotting for 12K+(in PvE and WvW) is not as bad when can load on another 500 Vit and toughness.

Munki

Postby Munki » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 am

But you don't get any other stats for your gear in sPvP moddo...

The ONLY stats you get is from your Amulet, Runes, and Gems. I don't know how it all works out overall, but I thought it was about the same amount of stats for the most part as a full suit of armor and jewelry in WvW/PvE.
Space for Rent

Omoran
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Omoran » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:45 am

Yup you are right didn't notice that Pip. Still allot different to balance sPvP than it is WvW.

Omoran
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Omoran » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:52 am

SoR WvW at it's best Image That is all bots. I was sitting there about 1/2 distance closer watching them for 10mins and reporting each one. Then I lobbed a Granade Barge at them and about 50 pets came after me so ran but was way to many and they ate me. Not one of the SoR's moved towards me. It is like this on every single BG I went to. So they have more bots farming then we have people playing.

And there was still a 50+ zerg running around YB BG.

Munki

Postby Munki » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:29 am

Yea, SoR's got Bots out in full. I'm confident that Botters look for the servers with full map control, transfer there, then go to work. SoR definitely didn't have as many bots last week.

There is no denying that SoR has a lot of new transfers this week, not only the Tier 1 refugees (Tempest Wolves is a big one that joined them, as of Saturday) but all of the hanger ons that hopped on the bandwagon. They are going to shoot up the rankings (the Tier 1 guys have stated they want to push SoR in to T3 and skip T4 entirely) and then get their butt whooped in T3 as they went up faster than most of their pop could compete with. Then the hanger ons will leave because SoR will get stomped. Then SoR will have 2-3 weeks of just getting owned hard every week before they finally get back to where they belong.

It's kind of sad, and sucks for the original people on that server if you think about it. They didn't ask for it, the T1 "gods" just decided to "help" them like this.
Space for Rent

Munki

Postby Munki » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:30 am

Looks like we are gonna have Gates of Madness again and Sorrow's Furnace.

I think SF has a strong night time presence? I'm not sure about them. I feel good about Yaks chances in this one, although with server transfers (no idea how much weaker we are as a server after this last week) it's anyone's guess.

I'll probably head out tonight to help with the War effort. It would be nice to have another game where Yaks dominated, just so I can get my WvW map completion without having to transfer to do it :)
Space for Rent

Return to “Guild Wars 2”