Back item bug - resolved

No monthly fee! *And there was much rejoicing...*
Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Back item bug - resolved

Postby Feaduin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:35 am

I just got my first back item from one of the story missions and I just wanted to save everyone the trouble I went through. I think it was a level 30ish mission reward and when you select your reward, you get a choice of 3 different back slot items and you can see that they each have an upgrade slot. I tried every kind of upgrade I could think of and I even tested variations of the same type thinking that maybe "sigil of ___" carried a different tag than a "mark of ___". I bought a variety of cheap upgrades off the AH to see if anything would fit. Nothing did. I shoulda googled the question to see if anything came up. Of course, I only thought of it afterwards >_<.

So don't bother until it's fixed.
Last edited by Feaduin on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Re: Back item bug

Postby Feaduin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 pm

UPDATE: As pointed out by Vilaptca the issue came from the fact that I was trying to use higher level items and it seems that the back item accepted only items that didn't require Level 20 or higher. I didn't consider these extremely low level upgrades because I was trying to use something my level. According to Vilaptca, the item itself might have a limit, although the mouseover doesn't indicate anything. Anyway it works...sort of.

Mentu
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Custom Rank: Cool Guy
Guild: Grog of War

Re: Back item bug - resolved

Postby Mentu » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:16 am

They are considered gemmed items. You need to use gems for them.

Mentu
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Custom Rank: Cool Guy
Guild: Grog of War

Postby Mentu » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:22 am

Also, I'm not understanding what Ryan told you.

Teasing_Pink
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Games: Guild Wars 2, Secret World

Postby Teasing_Pink » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Are there other back items to be found, crafted, or bought? I have yet to find another back item aside from that first story reward in all the time it took to hit 80.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Me either. I'm still rocking that pathetic item with 3 vitality and 4 toughness or something. (Hey, free stats are free stats)
Bye space sword!

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:05 pm

I shoulda updated this. But I was playing GW2 so ... well you know how it goes :P

Anyway, yeah that back slot only accepts the first few gems if you look at the Collections tab in your bank. Pretty much worthless. But it also accepts a copper doubloon which is what I put there.

What vilp was saying was that items themselves also have levels so a gem that says "requires level 39" means that not only does your character have to be level 39 and the item you are upgrading also has to be level 39. He pointed this out to me because I was linking higher level items which would never have worked anyway in guild chat.

As to other back items, I read somewhere that the level 80 quest will give you a back item? I'm not sure on that one but I'm working my way there! Otherwise, the only other thing I saw was guild backpacks. REALLY freakin expensive and not worth it for the first two tiers in my opinion.

ecaz
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby ecaz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:01 am

Yeah, the final personal quest (The Steel Tide/Blast from the Past) gives a lvl 80 back slot item (berserkers/clerics/rampagers, with whatever affixes go with them).

Return to “Guild Wars 2”