WTF is this shit? Servers still slammed?

No monthly fee! *And there was much rejoicing...*
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

WTF is this shit? Servers still slammed?

Postby Marcallo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:44 am

I just tried to login for 2 minutes before work and this is what the client has been doing for 15 minutes? AND I had updated a few days ago. /blah I'll figure it out tonight when I get home I have family in town all weekend.

gw2wtf.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Re: WTF is this shit? Servers still slammed?

Postby Marcallo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:45 am

Hey Feather? Why'd the attachment thing make my 1080p file miniscule?
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Postby Feaduin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:55 am

Gotta read their twitter feed. Mines' been giving me the error code 42 about firewalls and shit. Been doing that for like 3 hours now and I can't get back in. I suppose I should just go to sleep.

Oh yeah, according to their twitter feed, the problem is on their end. Seems like the problem is affecting everyone.

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:03 pm

Marcallo wrote:Hey Feather? Why'd the attachment thing make my 1080p file miniscule?

Something to do with how attachments work. You uploaded the image to my server, and it automatically creates a "thumbnail" it displays instead of the full image to keep it from stretching the page. If you right click the image and select "Open image in new tab" you can see the full image. I don't know why the image re-sizer isn't affecting attachments, giving them zoom buttons like any other linked image. I'll have to look into it later.

/Edit - To combat the problem temporarily I've disabled inline images and all attachments will now be displayed as a link, you can click it and it will show at full rez. So many aspects of the forum that I haven't tested fully yet. Code implemented, no one uses it for years, then bam, someone uses it and stuff explodes. :shocked:
ImageImage

Return to “Guild Wars 2”