We need players!

-Waves Hand- This is not the forum you are looking for.
Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

We need players!

Postby Feaduin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:05 pm

So last night I was playing and doing some Ilum dailies mostly just finishing up the story stuff when I decided to do what I always do... explore and open up the map. The last part was the PVP section which I tried to avoid for the most of the game since I didn't have time to dedicate to not sucking at it. But like a freakin OCD gamer, I HAD to open up that part of the map so I went in late at night to avoid getting farmed while I fed my compulsion.

Turns out I didn't need to be careful since the taxi point opens up the entire map instantly. And since I was there anyway, I figured I might as well get my feet wet.

After searching for 10 mins the first person I ran into was a friendly and immediately invited me into the group. He knew i was a n00b just by looking at my non PVP gear. He took me back to the fleet and gave me a 45 minute crash course on what I needed to do. After that, it was back to Ilum as the others found resistance.

After pwning the imps til they quit, he asked me if I was guilded and how many we had. i was like uh... we have 12 active members (?? guessing and exaggerating obviously/who ).... maybe? He then asked if I wanted to join their guild and whether or not the rest of you would want to join as well. He started talking about all the raids and ops they run and all that stuff. I was like uh I'm not the one that makes those decisions but I'll pass it along.

I looked at the guild roster of 73 "members" and I'm like shit... are any of these toons active or has everyone quit?

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Re: We need players!

Postby Sord » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:39 pm

I haven't quit yet but ME3 has been taking up all my time. I think it is safe to say at this point most have quit, went imperial or just don't play a whole lot anymore (I play maybe 2-3 hours a week now). The stuff I've read for the 1.2 patch has me interested some more but we'll see. If there was a regular group of people doing those things you mentioned, I'd be more inclined to play a little more frequently. As it stands, it was me and Rocket playing alts all the time cause no one else was around. After we geared up our 50's from dailies, there was basically nothing for the two of us to do.

I don't think there really is anyone with "authority" in the TOR guild in grog. Apparently I got passed the guild lead on my commando. We're just officers/leaders for inviting purposes. If people would like to play with a more active guild, they are of course welcome to do so, without any anger or resentment from those of us that play so infrequently. We want people to be having fun.

After ME3 loosens its grip a bit, I'll be logging back in. I'm all for meeting some new friends so if you're continuing to play with these folks and they are cool, I wouldn't mind coming to join in some activities if they don't mind my presence. Having a pvp group sounds like it would be pretty cool (but I hear Ilum is basically going away in 1.2 but they are adding a new warzone) and I wouldn't mind seeing the operations at least once.
Bye space sword!

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:29 am

After the birth of my daughter I have ZERO time to commit to an MMO. Hell I haven't even bought ME3 yet and I played the first two games to death. :( If I were you, I'd just jump into that guild. I think Munki and Feather are done for sure. Not sure about everyone else.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Oh I should point out that this is not about me jumping ship. He wants ALL THE GROGGERS. He either a) wants his massive 450 person guild to grow more massive and recruits nonstop (even recruiting peeps who are obviously guild tagged) and/or b) he was so impressed by my l33t skills based on 2 hours of play that he wanted all of you sight unseen and/or c) he couldn't bear to let a gorgeous guy like me out of his sight.

Oh and congrats! So instead of games keeping you awake, you've traded it for baby ? :P

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Ohh, you found a hoarder. I used to be a hoarder. When WoW first came out I would ask anyone and everyone I played with, who wasn't a d-bag, to join grog. I have to admit, I poached from other guilds frequently. After our guild reached Epic proportions and we only had about eight people in management to wrangle all the issues that came up in the rapidly flying chat window, I realized, I no longer wanted to keep gathering members. I had this idea that I wanted to invite everyone nice because you never know who's going to be that lifelong friend, that diamond in the rough (aka YOU), so I was always afraid of losing out on potential awesome (aka YOU) so that's what drove me.

At some point it became unmanageable and I went from hording people to collecting them. Big difference.

Uh, to your original point... both Damon and I have canceled our accounts. We haven't had the inclination to play and couldn't justify a monthly fee when we weren't playing the snot out of the game. (Money's tight and times are hard so here's your fucking Christmas card! <--- I actually hand scribbled that on college ruled notebook paper, folded it up, and handed it to my friends in High School. I'm high class. <3)

So the long and short of it is, if you enjoy playing with these guys and don't mind being in a massive guild (they can be extremely fun if you aren't in charge of anything) you have my blessing to drag anyone from grog you want into their fold. :kiss:
ImageImage

Rocketdog
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Games: Sims3, Skyrim

Postby Rocketdog » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:59 pm

I go where the flow goes! :grog:
Rocketdog | Vendela | Badgley| Biviel | Sharon | Dr. Hot&Awesome

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Postby Kiawah » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm out too for the foreseeable future. My biggest issue was that I was playing 99% by myself, and couldn't really justify a subscription while doing that. I could be patient and wait for Bioware to fix the extremely long list of issues I had, but by then GW2 will probably be out, and it doesn't have a subscription (and having a side kicking system is pretty huge as well to make sure you can still play with noobs you out-level).

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:20 pm

As of last night's play session, I now have offers from 3 different guilds (inc. the first one already mentioned), who want us wholesale. All of them unsolicited. Each are in different stages of raid readiness and are already raiding or are gearing members up in preparation for it. So far, I've PVP'd with the first (Republic Forces w/450 members), did PVE OPs, 1 world boss, and many pvp warzones with random members from the second (Shock And Jawa w/125 members), and a hard mode speed run with the third (Panda ^_^). So far Shock and Jawa has the edge for me as I've met the most members from that guild and they seem like a fun and competent bunch. They also have an Empire presence on our server which is great for varying gameplay. More importantly, they sound enthusiastic and positive on vent even after a wipe.

The point is, we don't need to play alone and we don't need to worry about splitting between Imp and Pub. If we go together, we're still Grog! The only issue I can see is that some members might not be members on this board and they would not get the info.

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Feaduin wrote:As of last night's play session, I now have offers from 3 different guilds (inc. the first one already mentioned), who want us wholesale. All of them unsolicited. Each are in different stages of raid readiness and are already raiding or are gearing members up in preparation for it. So far, I've PVP'd with the first (Republic Forces w/450 members), did PVE OPs, 1 world boss, and many pvp warzones with random members from the second (Shock And Jawa w/125 members), and a hard mode speed run with the third (Panda ^_^). So far Shock and Jawa has the edge for me as I've met the most members from that guild and they seem like a fun and competent bunch. They also have an Empire presence on our server which is great for varying gameplay. More importantly, they sound enthusiastic and positive on vent even after a wipe.

The point is, we don't need to play alone and we don't need to worry about splitting between Imp and Pub. If we go together, we're still Grog! The only issue I can see is that some members might not be members on this board and they would not get the info.

I think we should go for it! Like Rocket, I'll go with the flow. I mostly level my imp alts when I play, but I haven't been playing a lot lately in general because of ME3. Shock and Jawa is a pretty good name, I would trust your judgment on people to go with. Given Grog's generally flighty nature with the last few MMO rounds, I don't think there's as huge a desire to stay identified with that tag as there was in the past, since it now seems more isolated than anything. And we can change the MOTD if a switch happens so that people who don't read the forums are aware.

I know I'm chiming in a week late, but dooooo iiiit
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:02 pm

I've actually stopped playing for now since I never see anyone else log in for more then 2 minutes.. I suppose they are checking their crafting or something.

I'm taking this time out to play the hell out of ME3 and I'm hoping that when I'm done, others will be back.

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby PopnFresh » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:38 pm

I've been playing again, but almost exclusively Sith side, since that's where my leveling buddy is. I honestly don't think a lot of Grog is coming back for 1.2, but now that I'm done with ME3, I do plan on playing Junon a little more...
"Classic Wedge"

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:21 am

I may come back for 1.2. Are you still playing on Nihilus server?
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby PopnFresh » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:13 am

I am, I actually rarely touch my Assassin on Nadd's. I will probably play on Republic a bit more once 1.2 comes out, as I was saving a legacy alt spot, and I DO like those characters, I just have someone to play with consistently on the Empire side. But cross faction mail in 1.2 will make cross faction alt play a lot more fun
"Classic Wedge"

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:12 am

I got an email stating I'm getting a free 30 days of game time for the 1.2 patch. I may log in and see whats up (especially tweaking my UI) but with the GW2 beta on the horizon, I'm not sure how much I'll use it. I still don't want to be soloing daily content (even if it is new), level 50 pvp is still poop. I doubt I'll have time/desire to see heroic 5/raid content and I'm not sure the legacy stuff will make leveling an alt any more interesting if I have to go through the same side quests again. Alas poor swtor. I knew him well. :(
Bye space sword!

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby PopnFresh » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:12 am

Level 1 sprint with the new legacy stuff!

Even if you guys aren't getting readdicted, I'm hoping we can get at least one or two level 50 flashpoint runs together in this time. I miss group content :(

Also, this has been a horrible week for Bioware and SWTOR. Retarded mistakes left and right. But the patch is fun so far.
"Classic Wedge"

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:38 pm

^I'd say a horrible three weeks if we include ME3 ending fiasco. Probably had to redirect resources to add more to a "finished" game. If I were running BW, I'd direct the Dragon Age 3 team to put the RPG elements BACK into the game even if it extends the release date. Might piss off business people but it's better than losing your fan base. Time to soul search and figure out if they are still an awesome RPG game company with integrity, or if they just want to cash out by copying Gears of War, WoW, Deus Ex, and Dynasty fucking Warriors (yeah that's right I said it. after all DA2 was button mashy as hell).

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:05 pm

I fired up my account yesterday for the free 30 days and have been leveling a Sith Warrior on Nihilius. I doubt I play for very long though... TOR will probably take the place of CoH, the MMO I sub for 1 month then cancel.

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby PopnFresh » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:25 pm

I should've said Bioware Austin. Their only game is SWTOR, so none of the ME3 stuff impacted them at all.

Kia, what's your warrior's name? And are you the guild leader on sith side? Whoever the guild leader is needs to promote someone who actually plays...
"Classic Wedge"

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:24 am

PopnFresh wrote:I should've said Bioware Austin. Their only game is SWTOR, so none of the ME3 stuff impacted them at all.

Kia, what's your warrior's name? And are you the guild leader on sith side? Whoever the guild leader is needs to promote someone who actually plays...

My new warrior's name is Animal. I don't remember if I passed off guild leader or not, but I'll check tonight. What's one of your Sith names?

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby PopnFresh » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:50 am

My Sith are Starling, Uryll, and Mad'Ruk (mad is not guilded though). Kevin also plays a bunch on R'zaad, Vanik, Liandra, and Qaryat.

Current guild leader is named Knot, I have no clue who that belongs to!

Get on your pub let's do dungeoooons
"Classic Wedge"

Return to “The Old Republic”