I am level 50 and awesome.

-Waves Hand- This is not the forum you are looking for.
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Re: I am level 50 and awesome.

Postby Marcallo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:39 am

What is this I see in the future..... Cross Server Battle Grounds.... Yeah probalby
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:04 am

I think it will happen but not for a while. They are still stuck on the whole idea that cross server shit ruins communities or something. I think we'll see cross server stuff when we see server transfers. That way when communities are ruined, we'll be able to punch them in the nuts even more by transferring away from them.

I've decided that Huttball is probably the biggest reason for server imbalances. If empire(or republic on the rare servers it dominates) had to wait a long time to do warzones, we'd see a lot more reroll to republic. Just like many alliance rerolled to horde for improved battleground queues. That they are coming out with even more same faction warzones is going to kill off most server's lesser populated faction (mostly Republic). The only reason I care is because being at 50 and not raiding, the only things to do really are dailies or pvp. The game does lend itself well to making alts but the more things available, the better. I just feel like pvp is not even an option at this point for our server and I'm kinda floundering waiting for others to catch up to run some flashpoints.

I LIKE my trooper and I hate feeling that to truly enjoy the full gamut of this game, I have to reroll to the other side.
Bye space sword!

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:34 pm

I'll be honest, I'd be pretty surprised to see Cross Server BGs any time soon. And on top of that, it feels like it would work really strange considering that 1 (I believe soon to be 2?) Battlegrounds are set up for Inter-Faction play too. Since the WZ queue system would endeavor to put get people in matches sooner rather than later, I would imagine those Inter-Faction WZ's would still pop up more often? Obviously you could put in some sort of smart filter or allow users to pick and choose the WZ's they are queueing for. But still... it feels like that would potentially work but it's gonna be quite far down the line.

I've only recently hit 50 (edit: and I am awesome) but I don't currently feel like I have little to do. I'm genuinely excited to play my Imperial Agent alt, and in general am excited to do other alts. I still have Ilum / Belsavis 50 Dailies to do to finish gearing out a bit, and also have not done ANY of the Flashpoints above 50 (or any Hardmodes obviously). And while Ilum is currently "a mess" if the mob mentality is right (I'll be honest, I haven't set foot in Ilum so I have no clue how bad it is on Nihilus), I still haven't done much in the way of WZ's and there is stuff to do there too.

Even without having raids on my plate as I don't plan on doing them any time soon, I still feel like I have plenty I look forward to doing.

I LIKE my trooper and I hate feeling that to truly enjoy the full gamut of this game, I have to reroll to the other side.
This is EXACTLY what the Empire players say that feel like they are being penalized for picking the side they wanted to play. That is really the crux of why the faction balance problem really is such a difficult problem. You really can't (nor should you) force people to swap sides.
Space for Rent

Rocketdog
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Games: Sims3, Skyrim

Postby Rocketdog » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:50 am

Sord wrote:I LIKE my trooper and I hate feeling that to truly enjoy the full gamut of this game, I have to reroll to the other side.

I don't like the Empire side. Don't like my character with the accent.
Rocketdog | Vendela | Badgley| Biviel | Sharon | Dr. Hot&Awesome

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Rocketdog wrote:
Sord wrote:I LIKE my trooper and I hate feeling that to truly enjoy the full gamut of this game, I have to reroll to the other side.

I don't like the Empire side. Don't like my character with the accent.

No accent on the bounty hunter :)

This is EXACTLY what the Empire players say that feel like they are being penalized for picking the side they wanted to play.

What Empire player feels like they are being penalized? Unless they consider non-stop Huttball a penalty (tee hee). We felt it as alliance for so many years. The only penalty was longish queues (alleviated by cross server) and terrible players (higher percentage of the population playing meant higher percentage of idiots playing). PVE was far superior and world pvp was a facerolling joke (as it is now in TOR). They have Huttball and while it gets annoying after a while, at least it's SOMETHING and not waiting around for 15-30 extra minutes and it allows you to acquire the same gear.

Its just a general failing with the 2 faction system. It hurt WoW realms for a lot of years and it is going to hurt TOR servers unless they figure something out. WoW still hasn't figured it out and TOR probably wont either. Ah well.
Bye space sword!

scottanime
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Custom Rank: Anime Guru

Postby scottanime » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:31 am

add one more to the lev 50 club :)
Scottanime

-You Can't take the sky from me

Return to “The Old Republic”