I am level 50 and awesome.

-Waves Hand- This is not the forum you are looking for.
Evenflow
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Custom Rank: More than just pumpkin bombs

I am level 50 and awesome.

Postby Evenflow » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:45 pm

As of two nights ago I finally hit level 50 and becasue the greatest Sith Assassin in the world. Darth Ghostshark Kisame. And even though I cannot use the Darth title because of a bug that has been around since beta, I am still the greatest Darth known in the universe. I must also say that level 50 is really fun. And so is higher level PVP for that matter. It's nothing like WoW's completely unbalanced PvP. It's quite enjoyable and I have always hated PvP.

Hard mode Flashpoints is where it's at though. You get ridiculous amounts of credits, gear and crafting items from them. I've even stepped foot into the Eternity Vault and tried a few attempts at the first boss. That shit is crazy tough, but also really fun. However, I've finished just about all the quests (except for like Nar Shadda and Voss bonus series missions) and that leaves very little to do besides PvP and try to find a hard mode Flashpoint (which is very hard with the 6 million Bounty Hunters running around). The dailies on Ilum and Belsavis are pretty fun, but they are pretty easy to complete.

Guess all I can do is level an alt. Either my imperial agent or knight that I made on Grog's silly server :P
Avengers Assembling May 2012 - Felicia Day is ugly - December 20th is the day Darth Evenmaul is born.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Re: I am level 50 and awesome.

Postby Sord » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:53 pm

How's the pvp at 50 on the overpopulated side? I've been reading that people are getting sick of huttball or whatever it is cause its the only pvp match that pops. I have no idea what that is but from what I gather, isn't it a pvp match where you can have two teams of the same faction playing eachother? Personally I think that is a fantastic idea which should be expanded to other things beyond a sport sounding match (sounds kinda like CTF). Having 30-60min queues cause you are on the heavier populated side of your server bites so being able to play against your own faction is a great feature.
Bye space sword!

Evenflow
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Evenflow » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:07 am

I do get Huttball quite a bit and I don't really have a problem with it because Assassins/Shadows have such an easy time killing people, but I would say that PvP at 50 is really fun. In WoW, all you got for winning a battleground was honor, but here you get credits and commendations to buy gear. I've only fought republic, but it would be cool if you could fight teams of the same faction (in Huttball at least) since Warzones aren't cross server yet. I'm not seeing it affect my queue times that much. The longest I have sat through is like 8-10 minutes at 50. I wish they would have a LFG tool of some sort because I am getting really tired of sitting around Ilum or the Fleet trying to find a group for hard modes or level 50 flashpoints.
Avengers Assembling May 2012 - Felicia Day is ugly - December 20th is the day Darth Evenmaul is born.

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Postby Kiawah » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:14 am

I hit 50 some time last week... things started off pretty bad, but it's been looking up recently.

I hit all the major goals I wanted to accomplish during my vacation. While leveling, I just did a planet until I hit the min level for the next planet and had my class quest completed. I don't think I did a single bonus series, and only did space combat when I need a sliver more xp to move onto the next planet. This worked pretty efficiently though, and I was able to move up at the pace I wanted.

I don't think your level effects the queues at all since the warzones don't have brackets. You're still doing the same PVP as everyone else who's level 10. The only thing that changes is that you're a lot stronger and have more defensive abilities. The people in warzones at level 15 are pretty useless, especially since at that level most classes only have a few attacks and almost none of their defensive abilities.

I only get like 5 FPS in warzones with terrible latency, so doing PVP is pretty painful. Not that it matters, I'm about rank 10 valor I think... and I've won a grand total of 2 warzones. I've never even scored a goal in huttball, and never won an Alderaan. The only one I've ever won is Void Star, and even then only like twice. I look forward to the cross-server PVP... because our server's republic side is just plain terrible.

I've finally figured out where all the dailies are so I've been able to start getting some upgrades. The dailies aren't that bad, although finding a group for the heroics is pretty tough. It seems like people only want to do the pvp daily on Ilum and it seems like most people either just don't know or haven't unlocked the dailies on Belsavis. I've managed to get most of them done though and am almost completely purple mod'd out and now just mostly doing them to get purple mods for my main companion.

While the normal level 50 flash points are pretty easy and fun, the level 50 heroic flash points are pretty tough. They're completely overtuned, and some of the fights are just plain broken. I've tried heroic esseles maybe 3-4 times and have yet to get past the commander narloc pull. There definitely is no ding 50, jump into heroic flash point pugs in TOR. I don't think it's the intention for people to jump right into the heroic flash points, but I'm sure they'll need some fixes and nerfs when there are more people at 50.

I definitely agree they need an easier way to find groups. I didn't complete hardly any of the mid-level flash points, mostly because I was just never on the republic fleet while leveling. I think all they really need is a global LFG channel that you can see regardless of what planet you're on. That would go a long way.

But sadly, now I'm back to work.

Rocketdog
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Games: Sims3, Skyrim

Postby Rocketdog » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:58 am

I hope they add more story in future patches for level 50. I'm slightly cringing at the thought of faceplanting through heroic after heroic...to get gear for the next raid/heroic.... :-?

I guess that's what alts are for :thumbsup:
Rocketdog | Vendela | Badgley| Biviel | Sharon | Dr. Hot&Awesome

Bree
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby Bree » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:10 am

The only problem with playing Alts is that you get to do ALL of the same quests over and over and over again. I mean you do get "some" unique quests if you play a different class but once you hit the main planets, it is SSDD unfortunately.

Evenflow
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Evenflow » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:25 pm

I've not had that hard of a time in the actual hard mode flashpoints, though Directive 7 is a bitch, but it's actually finding a group that is the pain. I've started leveling 2 alts just for the fact that there isn't anything to do end game unless all your friends all level 50. There are like a whopping ten dailies between Belsavis and Ilum and that just isn't enough.

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:25 am

Yeah, I've heard the Huttball complaint before (that it pops so frequently), and it's common because of what Sord said, so really the alternative is...30 - 60 minute queues instead of 8 - 10 minutes.

Huttball, moreso than Ald or Void Star, is definitely a match type based around a good team. Tard noobs can get pretty lucky in the other warzones, but there are just too many easy ways to die in Huttball, you need to be quick with the pass button, and you need teammates that know when you're going to need to pass it. Most of my favorite "holy shit" moments come from me getting *killed* in Huttball (timing a trap crossing only to be stunned by someone you didn't see is maddening and hilarious at the same time)

Can't wait for them to add brackets of some kind, even if it ends up being just "level 50" and "everyone else" brackets
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:33 am

The biggest problem I've seen with hutball is that people think it's WSG. They get the ball, and just try to run... which absolutely never works, ever.

It doesn't take a lot of coordination in huttball.... all you need is about 3 coordinated people who know to throw the ball through the different levels. I mean, you can score goals in 10s when done properly.

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:49 am

http://www.swtor.com/blog/new-year%E2%80%99s-pvp-update

Speaking of PVP...

More things are coming, most specifically level 50 brackets.

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby PopnFresh » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:33 pm

"Classic Wedge"

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:06 am

I'm getting closer to 50 so I have to think about what my plans will be. I'm still not really sold on pvp (I'm just not a pvper at all) but I will be willing to do my space dailies and whatever other ones Barron mention above. More and more people are getting close to 50 so I imagine I'll be rocking some heroics soon. I'm just a dime a dozen dps though and I am hoping that doesn't affect my ability to run groups. I've almost always been a tank in the past, mostly because I wasn't willing to wait for another one to come around (and honestly, I like tanking) but rocking an assault cannon in heavy trooper armor was just too good to pass up. I can always respec to medic as well if I'm having issues getting groups as dps though healer number seem to be pretty good around here.

I guess once hitting 50 and waiting for the last few to catch up, the good idea would be to finally work on a sith alt. I got a bounty hunter (who will tank) and an inquisitor started so we'll see what happens.
Bye space sword!

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 am

Every group will require 1 tank, 1 healer and TWO DPS. And I wonder if 8 man Heroics won't need 1 Tank, 1 off tank, 2 Healers, and 4 DPS. So you might be okay. Honestly I'm enjoying my Gunslinger a fuck ton more than my Jedi Knight. The story is better for starters and the mechanics work better for me. Maybe if they added macros and some UI customization I'd like the Guardian more, but as it stands I find it tedious to play. And my companion is broken. Doc sometimes just stands there NOT healing me even if I have all the threat and he's at full health. And Kira is at 8K affection and won't talk to me.

I thought this was a fantastic interview with their lead writer by the way. Makes you realize they really ARE catering to a single experience for at least the first.. 40 levels. I find that to be disadvantageous. Because as I got later in the game people didn't understand simple mechanics like CC and Marking Targets. We'll see though.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.gamespot.com/videoembed/6348017" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:46 am

Well, to be fair, WoW requires 1 tank, 1 healer and THREE dps :P And everyone knows they had a much harder (longer..) time getting groups. I mean, I doubt it is going to be an issue since we're all in a guild for a reason but even so, I ran my fair share of pugs in wow and I imagine I'd try to do the same in TOR once the playerbase matures a bit and gets into the level 50 content.
Bye space sword!

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:09 am

Yea, honestly the fact that a group requires proportionately more DPS means nothing. Tanks and Healers are generally more 'lynchpin' jobs that tend to bet blamed for most mistakes. So usually there are significantly more DPS than Tank/Healers.

My 50 plans involve a lot of Alting. I am excited to play some other class stories, such as on my Shadow or JK. I don't mind so much going through locations I've already done. Because lets be honest, the majority of the game is repetition anyway. I'm sure I'll do some FP stuff with people as well, but I'm seriously just not pumped to get to 50 and start running them right now.
Space for Rent

Rocketdog
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Rocketdog » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:10 am

Munki wrote:My 50 plans involve a lot of Alting. I am excited to play some other class stories,

Me too!! Romancing all the companions! :mrgreen:

Except that ugly cat face guy :-?

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:25 am

This guy? He's dead sexy.

Bye space sword!

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby PopnFresh » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Marcallo wrote:And Kira is at 8K affection and won't talk to me.

1.1 Patch notes wrote:Companions

Kira Carsen
Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to progress in Kira’s affection conversations. Players previously affected by this issue can now speak to Kira and progress normally.

Hooray!

Rest of the 1.1 notes

I kind of disagree about lack of CC and target marking being evidence that focusing on a single player friendly experience is "disadvantageous," or as white people say, "bullshit." It's definitely a contributing factor, but I feel like it's something that would be unavoidable for any newish MMO as the playerbase goes through its growing pains. And to flip it around, I'd argue that there doesn't really seem to be a viable alternative out there. Forcing groups in some way (the first flashpoints on each side are unique because they were initially "transition arcs" that were planned to be required group content before leaving your origin world) is going to turn off much more of the MMO community than letting people play what they want on their schedule with grouping as an optional thing. Of course, that's ignoring absurd alternatives like a dungeon finder tool. Not that the concept of the dungeon finder is absurd, but did you want to play this game in December 2011 or May 2012? I'm curious if you have any realistic alternative approaches in mind that BW could've taken that wouldn't alienate the majority of your playerbase, could be done using the base mechanics as the game is now, and would still teach group skills in a way that the majority of players know how to use target markers and CC comfortably.

I kind of really agree that Aric is a sexy devil. /purrrrrrr
"Classic Wedge"

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:35 pm

No fix for Full Auto / Mortar Volley :( Oh well. It's annoying for pve, but at least I don't pvp (where it would matter much more). Still, good amount of fixes in the patch. Hopefully it comes out soon!
Space for Rent

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Postby Feaduin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Patch notes good an all but my Aimed Shot is now pretty broken. Already bugged it but I see that this issue is not in the patch notes for 1.02c or 1.1.

Aimed shot is pretty critical to my survival.

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:18 am

Do you get that thing where aimed shot just flat out cancels itself when you're in regular cover? It doesn't do it behind the force shield EVER but in regular cover 1 out of 3 aimed shots just cancel in the middle. Which sucks when I have the buff that makes it fire at 1.5s instead of 3s.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Postby Feaduin » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:01 pm

I ran into this the first time on Taris. At first it only happened behind actual cover and it canceled before it fired. So I STOPPED using cover at all and only used my portable shield (which is much worse as you know). I think the default keys are F for cover and shift-F for Cover In Place. I swapped them. That's how bad it got. Now it's become worse and the ability just cancels at the very end randomly EVERYWHERE.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:23 am

I am level 50 and I'm more awesome than Evenflow.

I dipped my toe into pvp and I don't really like it. I went on about it with Damon but basically my beef is that there are way too many stuns. Yes, there is the resolve bar but when everyone has at least a 4s stun on a 1m cooldown, every single encounter seems to involve at least 1-2 stuns and/or a possible "sheep" type CC. I just feel that the "balance" decision to give everyone a stun is not one I'd make if I were designing pvp in an MMO. It is totally possible to be stunlocked to death without being able to do a thing about it, even using your CC break ability. If I were designing that particular ability, I'd add a stun immunity to it for 4 seconds or something.

Ilum is pretty hilarious on our server. I went to go do the objectives on the first night. I was the only republic out there and there were probably 8 or so Sith dudes out trying to get theirs done. I ended up chilling out and capping objectives for them so they could recapture for their quest credit. Interesting note: you can talk to them in game via /say. It makes sense, I mean everyone seems to have no problem at all with the various other languages in game. Just not used to being able to communicate with the opposite faction. I also ended up with 4 pieces of the champion pvp gear on my first night doing those.

I haven't done any of the daily heroic 4's cause I don't know where they are and some asshole that hit level 50 a while ago who was talking about them is busy drinking, smoking and being evil. Ok, maybe just being evil. I am looking forward to some heroic flashpoint content when the rest catch up.
Bye space sword!

Sidonia
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Custom Rank: Donner of the Robe and Hat
Location: A world of my own... but it's ok, they know me here

Postby Sidonia » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:10 pm

I'm 50 on another server, and the PvP changes have really.. ugh. If you weren't pvping before, getting into the 50 only brackets is going to be an exercise in frustration. Not to mention organized pre-mades vs unorganized pugs. It's just as bad in the 50 only brackets as it was before, only you sit and have to wait longer for queues.

I was having a lot of fun PvPing, even against the well made pre-mades and losing, but today I did about 20 warzones and only won 1 of them. The new Ilum daily sucks too. Where before I may have gotten it done in 30 minutes to an hour with the admittedly lame swapping capture points, on the server I'm on it took me almost 6 hours to get 30 kills/loot armanents which there are only eve 2 of in the Central point that take too long to respawn to be a viable way to get to 30 when you have to compete with a ton of other people for them as well. I really don't want to spend that long every day to get a Champion bag, and eventually one of the only ways to get a Battlemaster Bag. Between losing constantly in Warzones and the lack of PvP on Ilum, I'm getting really frustrated with the game. It's just not as fun as it was a day ago.

Are they going to do another fix to stuff? Maybe, but I really don't know if it will make it fun again necessarily.

Rocketdog
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Rocketdog » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:39 am

Sord wrote:This guy? He's dead sexy.

Oh gawwwd!! That's just freaky!

Return to “The Old Republic”