Crash then Queue? Seriously?

-Waves Hand- This is not the forum you are looking for.
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Crash then Queue? Seriously?

Postby Marcallo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:17 pm

So I was playing, got invited to a group, crashed when switching instances... 200 person Queue. Doesn't WOW even jump you in the line if you drop connection and then log back in? In fact I think every other game I've ever played "holds your spot" for a few minutes. That's just shoddy.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Re: Crash then Queue? Seriously?

Postby Feaduin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Something similar happened to me yesterday as well. Except it also gave me a scary message that said that Customer service action stopped my account or some shit. A second crash gave me an error message that told me that my account was not valid.

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Our designated server is so freaking FULL! Wtf. There's standard pve servers in the list too. I wish we could guild transfer to a less bloated server. What did they do? Fill up one server at a time to max capacity instead of dropping people into all the servers at once, filling them up even-steven style?
ImageImage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Yeah queues are pretty annoying. I can't wait til the populations even themselves out amongst all the servers. Eventually people will say fuck that to a 30m queue and go to a light server. I'm about to say it to this 30m queue myself :D
Bye space sword!

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Game has been in early start for how long?

C'mon you ninnies, launch problems say what? I figure shit will spread out naturally, probably sooner than later.
Space for Rent

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:09 pm

complaining is fun though... party pooper scooper. :drunk:
ImageImage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Munki wrote:Game has been in early start for how long?

C'mon you ninnies, launch problems say what? I figure shit will spread out naturally, probably sooner than later.

Shut up. You're only saying that cause you're stuck at work and not stuck in a queue!
Bye space sword!

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:04 pm

Technically he is stuck in a queue, though he isn't at his desk to experience the pain. I logged him in to get him in queue so it'll be ready when he gets home. There are 611 people in front of him and the queue estimate is a little over an hour. He may have to wait a few minutes to play after he gets home lol.
ImageImage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:20 am

I saw some servers with damn near 2 hour queues. Waiting through that and then disconnecting would probably make me rage a little bit. I think the key is to log in during off-peak hours and then never log out :D Give in to your addiction.
Bye space sword!

Bree
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby Bree » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:24 am

I played all day off and on, no problems. I switched the game to windowed(fullscreen) so I could use my second monitor to look stuff up on the web, get e-mail while I played, etc I crashed twice and had to sit int he queue to get back in twice..... so I switched it back to fullscreen and no more crashing the rest of the night.

My computer isn't the best thing out there and I can't afford to upgrade my old stuff so I hope they at least fix the queues so I can crash and come right back. I would hate to leave a group hanging in a flashpoint or something like that. Would totally suck.

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:27 am

Bree wrote:
My computer isn't the best thing out there and I can't afford to upgrade my old stuff so I hope they at least fix the queues so I can crash and come right back. I would hate to leave a group hanging in a flashpoint or something like that. Would totally suck.

Short of having SLI and watercooling... My computer IS one of the best things out there, and I still crash once in a while. You can have the best hardware in the world doesn't matter if the software has glitches.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

Mentu
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Custom Rank: Cool Guy
Guild: Grog of War

Postby Mentu » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi, I'm cool. I agree Junon should single-handedly fix it. RIGHT NOW!

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:41 pm

/busts out the hammer and chisel
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:20 pm

While we're complaining about stupid programming choices... Why the fuck is the security app only available through Itunes? Isn't like 60% of the smart phone userbase android based? So I either have to shell out 13 bucks for an obsolete key fob, or buy an iphone? LOL

Munki

Postby Munki » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Last I checked, almost EVERYTHING comes out for iOS first. I don't have hard numbers or anything,b ut I'd be shocked to find that android market was consistently 60% of the smartphone base. Almost every major tie in app always supports iOS while it is not a given for android support.

And 13 for a keyfob? What the crack are you buying, one in solid gold? We got 2 for 12 bucks, that is WITH shipping!
Space for Rent

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby PopnFresh » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Munki wrote:Last I checked, almost EVERYTHING comes out for iOS first. I don't have hard numbers or anything,b ut I'd be shocked to find that android market was consistently 60% of the smartphone base. Almost every major tie in app always supports iOS while it is not a given for android support.

And 13 for a keyfob? What the crack are you buying, one in solid gold? We got 2 for 12 bucks, that is WITH shipping!

We settled the android thing in guild chat (android one is coming soon, should be ready by proper launch on 12/20 though we'll see), I gotta respond just to poop on Damon. If comparing just Android and iPhone, Android has a little over 60% of the market share. You'd probably be less shocked if you googled stuff more often before talking about how shocked you'd be.
"Classic Wedge"

Bree
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby Bree » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:49 pm

Computer crashed and in the queue yay......supposedly a 30 minute wait, might as well go to bed at this point..../whine

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Same deal here... A half hour later and I was only halfway through the 500 people in front of me.
ImageImage

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby PopnFresh » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:34 pm

PopnFresh wrote:/busts out the hammer and chisel

I must've chiseled the wrong thing!
"Classic Wedge"

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:13 am

Yeah, Android dominates the smart phone market. But that could also be because Android is an operating system and not a brand of phone. HTC, Samsung, Montorola, and a couple others ALL support Android and thus take up a lot of shelf space. RIMM and Apple are the only ones making blackberry and Iphone. And you either like them or don't. Take Iphone and put it against any SINGLE brand of phone and it will win hands down. But round up all the android phones, and apple gets crushed under its heel.

Metostopholes
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Kawaii desu ne!
Location: Not dead but dreaming in the cyclopean ruins of cyclopean R'lyeh

Postby Metostopholes » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 am

I don't even know what this TOR app is [edit: Oh, the security token app. Nevermind.], but here's numbers on smartphone OS market shares.

http://www.techspot.com/news/46475-nielsen-android-retains-smartphone-os-lead-in-us.html

60% is an exaggeration, but Android is definitely larger then iOS.

Munki

Postby Munki » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:00 am

PopnFresh wrote:
Munki wrote:Last I checked, almost EVERYTHING comes out for iOS first. I don't have hard numbers or anything,b ut I'd be shocked to find that android market was consistently 60% of the smartphone base. Almost every major tie in app always supports iOS while it is not a given for android support.

We settled the android thing in guild chat (android one is coming soon, should be ready by proper launch on 12/20 though we'll see), I gotta respond just to poop on Damon. If comparing just Android and iPhone, Android has a little over 60% of the market share. You'd probably be less shocked if you googled stuff more often before talking about how shocked you'd be.

Why waste time googling stuff when I know you'll do it for me? Saves time for me to do more things like twirl my evil mustache.
Space for Rent

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:19 am

We live under rocks over here at the Perdue house. No smartphones here! Just antiquated fobs and regular style cell phones that let us get away with only paying $70 a month for a family plan.

I FEEL SO LEFT OUT!!!

:hgrog: My Grog is half empty today.
ImageImage

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby PopnFresh » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Metostopholes wrote:60% is an exaggeration, but Android is definitely larger then iOS.

The Awesome Me wrote: If comparing just Android and iPhone, Android has a little over 60% of the market share.

60% isn't an exaggeration, it's actually undershooting it a smidge (I think it's really around 61%). The key to that number is that Marc and I are talking about *only* Android and iOS devices. Blackberries and other some suches don't count for this because in general they don't get apps like this. So when working with those two platforms, what was a combined ~75% of the smartphone market in the figures you're showing is now 100%, which causes the Android:iOS ratio to be ~61%:~39%, and in the end out of Pi you derive crust which also makes up 85% of Munki because he's crusty and gross, but Nicole is 100% hot.

"Classic Wedge"

Return to “The Old Republic”