Our Server... Mask of Nihilus

-Waves Hand- This is not the forum you are looking for.
Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Our Server... Mask of Nihilus

Postby Kiawah » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:53 am

House of Grog has been assigned to: Mask of Nihilus

Other useful links:
http://www.torhead.com/
http://db.darthhater.com/
http://www.swtor.com/blog/guild-deployment-details
http://www.swtor.com/server-status
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feat ... rew-skills

Some other useful first day tips (feel free to share more)

1) In Preferences->Interface (I think) ... there's an option to default your party frames to always be the operation raid frames (even when you're not in an operation). You can then set the height and width of the raid frames (if the normal party frames are too small for your preferences)

2) You're able to set a focus target and a focus modifier key in the keybindings. Very useful for healers... as you won't need to ever target the tank.

3) The default answer to, "where is X?" ... The Republic Fleet (or thottbot.com)

4) If you finish a quest but didn't actually hit complete and select a reward and the window went away, you can find it again in the upper right corner of the screen.

5) Once you get to the Republic fleet, if you actually click on each crew skill trainer and then hit cancel you'll receive an extra +450 xp and an entry in your codex for that crew skill.
Last edited by Kiawah on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Re: Our Server... Mask of Nihilus

Postby Feaduin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Locked, cocked, and ready to rock. I just wish I could place where I heard the term "Nihilus" before. So freakin familiar but....

I got my email to pre-load and it said that they would be sending out the invites for early access soon. If I were to take only the information from the email, it would mean that the invites themselves will go out starting tomorrow the 13th @ 4AM through the 19th @ 7pm (PST) to coincide with when the servers are up. I'm not sure why they are not sending invites out earlier so that people have a heads up of when they can get in and plan accordingly. Kinda makes it difficult to plan your groups when nobody knows before hand, don'tcha think?

So in order to make it less clusterfuck-y, and because we all redeemed our codes at different times, should the earliest Groggers make their alts FIRST so that we play our actual class with the rest of the guild? Or do we just get as many toons through the starter areas as possible and everyone just meet on Coruscant?

My Pro-tip of the day: Do your character's main line quest at least until you get your first companion before doing other stuff. I think it makes the solo side missions go a lot faster when you have a pet to help DPS/tank. It isn't necessary of course, but I found that with a companion, I could do the side missions as I found them instead of having to come back after I had leveled.

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Pretty sure Nihilus is an Old Republic era sith lord. The whole "Mask" thing would make me think he was the guy in KOTOR 2 (I never played it) cuz I remember that White / Red mask from the art / media for the game.

Also: Trying to keep 'the guild' in a similar level range is about the same as Herding cats. If you wanna have some leveling buddies the best thing to do is hook up with someone like that. Luckily for you, you are PST so you'll have a whole group of cool people like Me, Sord, Feather, Junon, Rhoa, Zart, and so on logging on in a similar time table as you.

Thank goodness you aren't East Coast like that stinky Kiawah
Space for Rent

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:24 pm

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Nihilus

One of the antagonists from KOTOR 2. He was semi-immortal, with his soul trapped in his mask.
Last edited by Kiawah on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocketdog
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Games: Sims3, Skyrim

Postby Rocketdog » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Did you guys get an RPPVE server? :wink:
Rocketdog | Vendela | Badgley| Biviel | Sharon | Dr. Hot&Awesome

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:40 pm

Rocketdog wrote:Did you guys get an RPPVE server? :wink:

I would totally RP in a Star Wars game. I completely plan on making the "vroom, vroom" noises while swinging my lightsaber.

Munki

Postby Munki » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:46 pm

Kiawah wrote:
Rocketdog wrote:Did you guys get an RPPVE server? :wink:

I would totally RP in a Star Wars game. I completely plan on making the "vroom, vroom" noises while swinging my lightsaber.

Countdown till barron being single again starts T-Minus 10, 9....
Space for Rent

Niralica
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: No Da!

Postby Niralica » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:51 pm

If anyone plans on making a sith alt and does not have a server picked out yet. My sorcerer will be making her home on Juyo.

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:15 pm

http://www.swtor.com/blog/guild-deployment-details

Just updated today on ToR website.

Now that your guilds are in the game, ready to go, here’s everything you need to know about how Guild Deployment works.

How can I tell if/where my guild has been deployed?

Everyone will receive an email before Early Access with details about the status of their guild.

If your guild was successfully deployed to a server, you’ll receive a link to the website that you can follow to find out what server your guild has been placed on.
If your guild was not deployed to a server because it did not meet the qualifications for import, you will be able to create your guild manually in the game.

Server assignments through the Guild HQ system are final and cannot be changed, but you and your guild are not in any way required to play on the server where you were placed. We have pre-created assigned guilds on specific servers as a convenience to you, and these assignments may be ignored at your discretion.

What happens if I don’t like my server assignment?

Ignore it. You are more than welcome to create a new guild on a different server (as long as no one has already taken your desired guild name, of course). In order to create a guild in-game, you’ll need to gather a full group of four players and 5,000 credits, then speak to the Guild Registrar on the Republic/Imperial Fleets.

I am happy with my server assignment. How do I join once I’m in the game?

When you first join the game and reach the Server Select screen, the server where your guild has been pre-created will be marked with a gold flag.

If you choose this server and create a character on it, you’ll be presented with a dialogue box inviting you to join your guild when you enter the game. Accept that invite and you’re in!

What happens if I decline my automatic guild invite?

Every character you create on the server will be offered an automatic invite until ONE of those characters has accepted the invite. At that point, no further invites will be offered to any future characters you create on that server.

What happens if I accidentally told the game to stop offering me invites, but I changed my mind?

There is an option in the Preferences pane (under Social) which allows you to ignore all automatic guild import invites. If you accidentally chose “Do not ask again” in the invite and selected “No,” you can go to this panel and deselect the “Ignore Guild Import Offer” box. The next time you create a character on the server, you’ll once again be asked to join.

Can I join my pre-created guild with more than one character?

You can only accept an “automatic invite” once, so if you wish to add additional characters to the guild, you will need to reach out to your Officers or Guild Leader to send you additional invites.

What happens if our Guild Leader doesn’t join the game immediately?

Guild Leaders have until two weeks after launch (January 2nd, in our case) to accept their automatic invite. At that point, if your Guild Leader has not arrived in-game and accepted their invite, the most senior Officer will be automatically promoted to Guild Leader. Please note that this means it could be possible for the guild to be leaderless for up to two weeks after launch, so make sure your Guild Leader is ready to join the game!

So yeah, here's hoping Derek is on at launch day and promotes a couple officers to do invites. I thought ANY character you made was auto invited, the whole 1 time only thing sorta sucks.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Oh yes... I beat KOTOR 2 sooooooooo long ago that I forgot about that story. I think it was the constant crashing that kept me unengaged. After I typed the above, I read up on Nihilus again at wookiepedia and I was like... oh yeah I KINDA remember him. And only because of the mask. Tidbit I learned today... the Exile's name was Meetra Surik(?)... oooh kay... did they mention that in the game somewhere and I wasn't paying attention?

I'm still trying to remember what the gimmick was for the Nihilus boss fight. For KOTOR 1, I remember that boss fight because I was setting a ton of traps for him to walk over. Yeah that was fucking cheap, I know, so I beat it the normal way too. The gimmick for that fight was about destroying the captive people he used as batteries and regenerated from.... I can't remember the gimmick for Nihilus and I don't think it says on the wookiepedia. Fuck it, there's gotta be a youtube of that boss fight somewhere. been so long...

Oh Nira... isn't No Moo making Sith on our server? Wouldn't it make sense to make Sith Alts on Nihilus then?

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:27 pm

The only reason I know Darth Nihilus is because the Howard Stern show found a guy at a star wars convention dressed as Darth Nihilus. And the guy was a total Douche. So was the interviewer for that matter.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BUb3aWsK1wc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BUb3aWsK1wc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Feaduin wrote:Tidbit I learned today... the Exile's name was Meetra Surik(?)... oooh kay... did they mention that in the game somewhere and I wasn't paying attention?

I actually had a really big post written up but I didn't post it dealing with the Revan novel and TOR's backstory... her name and what happened to her after KOTOR II is dealt with in the new Revan novel. In the game, you could pick any name and she was just referred to as "The Exile". That happens sometimes though, Revan could be female in KOTOR I, but the novel establishes him as male. The Exile doesn't get a canonical name until the Revan novel.

Bree
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby Bree » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:33 pm

Since I pre-ordered so late and I am an east coaster I am sure you guys will have a good head start. I plan on taking my time anyway as I don't know what kind of a schedule I will be able to play that will coincide with when any of you west coasters are online. I'm in no rush.

Bree
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby Bree » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Maybe I was missing something in beta but can anyone tell me if they were ever able to get the "target nearest enemey" or "target next enemy" to work? I tried to use the default keys, tried rebinding it to various other keys and it would NEVER target anything. I did bug it in game but never saw it get fixed. Want to make sure I am not doing something wrong.

I hate having to click on a target especially when I am fighting a group of mobs.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:23 pm

I was worried we'd get stuck with some terrible name. I approve of this one's cool factor.

As far as I recall, Q, tab targetting was fairly functional during my beta weekend at Thanksgiving.
Bye space sword!

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:44 pm

Using the trooper solo, I had issues getting the target on the right mob too. Cycling using target next was kinda iffy and I wound up just shooting whoever it happened to land on. I didn't have this issue with my S.Ass because I opened by mouse targeting the CC and then mouse targeted the one that I wanted to immediately kill. Once the fight started, whoever happened to get the next tab target would die. There wasn't much control in that sense and it seemed a little chaotic. But the guys died so fast that it didn't matter. I have no doubt this will change at the higher levels and heroics. Tab worked...but I think it would be nice to have a keybind for targeting the guy i'm facing.

Evenflow
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Custom Rank: More than just pumpkin bombs

Postby Evenflow » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Nihilus was clearly killed by Saren in Mass Effect :thumbsup:

Also, Aureus Sol is on Saber of Exar Kun (such a badass server name). Exar Kun was a badass. Fallen Jedis are awesome.
Avengers Assembling May 2012 - Felicia Day is ugly - December 20th is the day Darth Evenmaul is born.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Niralica wrote:If anyone plans on making a sith alt and does not have a server picked out yet. My sorcerer will be making her home on Juyo.

If I make a sith alt, I'm going to make it on Mask of Nihilus :P
Bye space sword!

Niralica
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: No Da!

Postby Niralica » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:46 am

Sord wrote:
Niralica wrote:If anyone plans on making a sith alt and does not have a server picked out yet. My sorcerer will be making her home on Juyo.

Aw, I thought you lubbed me!

I am looking forward to playing with grog again. Wish you had picked the side with better story lines though. :P

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:00 am

Niralica wrote:
Sord wrote:

Aw, I thought you lubbed me!

I am looking forward to playing with grog again. Wish you had picked the side with better story lines though. :P

I agree but I played a bunch of Sith in Beta, so I'm just gonna go Dark Jedi Knight and see how it goes. Maybe one of those dudes that have no eyes. :D

Tamayo
Captain
Captain

Postby Tamayo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:35 pm

Just a heads up for NO MOO, we're doing our Sith characters on Benegen, anyone is welcome to join our guild over there.

We will roll up our republic characters on whatever server you all choose, sounds like Nihilus is it then?
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Munki

Postby Munki » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Yea we got assigned to Mask of Nihilus.
Space for Rent

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:09 pm

It sounds like a diaspora of sorts is happening...even before we begin :(

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Don't worry, there will still be plenty of us that aren't playing on a dumb server on a dumb faction :)
Bye space sword!

Munki

Postby Munki » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:50 pm

There were a good ... what 15 or so people who signed up with Grog during the pre launch stuff. I don't know if all of them will end up with us, but I would ahve to assume most are. And NO MOO is making rebels on our server too!

I think we'll have a nice smallish group of people around 10-12 people strong.
Space for Rent

Return to “The Old Republic”