Beta Invites are out, Full NDA in effect

-Waves Hand- This is not the forum you are looking for.
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Re: Beta Invites are out, Full NDA in effect

Postby Marcallo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:01 am

My client wouldn't connect when I tried to update it, so maybe they're patching that big one in. Anyway, after being home a full 9 hours I'm heading back to work. I SHOULD be home at a reasonable hour tonight... I hope.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 am

Be VERY happy if you weren't invited into the weekend test. Apparently EVERY tester is being required to delete their client and re download it on Monday with the new build. I have no idea if it's a release candidate or not, I'm pretty sure it's not, but still having to completely redownload 30 gigs. The Canadians must want to kill themselves.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Postby Feaduin » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:26 am

So did you actually play from level 1 to 30?

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Got level 24 on my Sith Sorcerer. I honestly thought it was a bit higher, but it wasn't. Supposedly everything is being wiped on Monday so no point in hunting for groups for the next instances and stuff. Gonna delete my client and wait for the next one to drop. I won't have time to check it out till at least Thursday anyway.

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:09 pm

As our most recent phase of Game Testing ended, you may have received an email stating that you no longer have access to the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ game servers. This is true, but only temporarily - apologies for any confusion! You are still a valued member of the Game Testing Program, and will be re-gaining access to the servers soon.

As part of the next phase of testing, we are deploying a new build of Star Wars: The Old Republic to our game servers, with many changes included based on your feedback. This build is getting deployed very soon, so keep watching the Testing Forums and your inbox for an update on when you will be re-admitted.

Accessing this new build will require you to re-download and re-install Star Wars: The Old Republic. To ensure the game client works correctly, we strongly advise you to uninstall your existing copy of The Old Republic via the Windows Control Panel. Installation instructions for the new client will be issued closer to the beginning of the new phase.

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you in-game.

May the Force be with you,

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:19 pm

New invites appear to have gone out today. I was re-invited as was a friend of mine who was in. I imagine all closed beta testers previously were re-invited. And I hear a new batch is going out on Friday. Good luck everybody.

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:03 pm

Hehe you know I got let down yesterday when I checked my email and it was from TOR... it had the subject line "The announcement you've been waiting for" and I was like zOMGOMGOMG.... then I opened it.

"FUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu........................"

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:30 pm

I got an email asking testers to take a short survey... but I don't have a beta invite.

Dicks.
Bye space sword!

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:14 am

Apparently that was a HUGE ooops on their part as there was no survey. In essence the Survey was a lie.

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Postby Kiawah » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:42 am

I got that same mistaken email... on all of my dummy emails, but didn't get it on my main email account. I'm really starting to think it's been cursed or something, it doesn't receive anything, even the mistakes!

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:04 pm

After seeing Sord's post, I checked and sure enough I got that same "Tell us what you think" email. And since now that I've allegedly participated in the Game Testing Program, I will indeed tell you what I think.

My Review - Staring at my email inbox turns out to be the worst. game. ever. I suspect that my information was sold to some marketing company who constantly spams my inbox with teasers and oh-so-convenient buttons to make it easy to preorder. "Don't let the adventure end" it says. Well for your information, I already preordered before I knew I was already play testing the game. You already have my money for the worst. game. ever. so you can stop asking. Fie, I say!

Verdict - :nogrog: :nogrog: :nogrog: :nogrog:

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:55 am

ROFL maybe you should have gotten a better version. The version of the game I've been playing has tons of movies, and great interactive sequences and totally bangable Twi'lek's.

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:30 am

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111004

Next beta testing weekend is starting up this weekend, with invites supposedly going out right now. *fingers crossed!!*

/EDIT

All of the invites have been sent out. I didn't get one, shock and awe.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... ost9631803

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:14 am

My favorite is the assholes that complain on the beta boards in the open beta that they can't play with their friends in the Weekend Servers. I think a Blizzard guy at some point did a snarky reply like "Would you like to be switched over to that group?".... I actually feel bad for Barron. The one guy here that wants to play more than anything doesn't even get fake survey letters. Look on the bright side you won't be spoilered when it launches in 2 months.

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:14 pm

The lack of a fake survey makes me think something is up with that particular account's junk filters or something. My understanding is that *everyone* who is in the system as a potential tester (i.e., opted in) got the survey.

Not that you'd get an invite anyway. I bet Denise gets one for Julian before Barron manages
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:26 pm

PopnFresh wrote:The lack of a fake survey makes me think something is up with that particular account's junk filters or something. My understanding is that *everyone* who is in the system as a potential tester (i.e., opted in) got the survey.

Not that you'd get an invite anyway. I bet Denise gets one for Julian before Barron manages

I actually did get it eventually on my main account. My other accounts got them over night, but my main gmail account's fake email didn't show up until later that day (and actually later than when I made that post). That's pretty weird though, I get most emails just fine and definitely have the no-reply@bioware.swtor.com in my safe list. This one just popped up extra late.

Funny enough I read one post on the official forums about a guy complaining that his son has received 3 invites to his 0.

Return to “The Old Republic”