SDCC Info

-Waves Hand- This is not the forum you are looking for.
Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

SDCC Info

Postby Kiawah » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:26 am

Well now that we have a new forum, lets separate some of this stuff out!

From the Q&A Yesterday:

Q&A starts at 7pm PT/10pm ET
7:09p: Technical delay on the Q&A starting, we're waiting in the base.
7:13p: Stream started of the panel, life-size Malgus unveiled at the BioWare Base. Attendees should go to check it out.
7:14p: Will be live momentarily.
7:16p: Stephen Reid Introducing James Ohlen, Rich Vogel.
7:17p: We are targeting holiday 2011. RV: We're testing the game, balancing, we won't release crap.
7:17p: JO: We are not giving people an advantage, can get similar powered items in the game without purchasing the collectors. RV: The vendor is more like a VIP Lounge.
7:18p: Dallas Dickinson welcomed on stage.
7:19p: JO: We have the ability to have dozens of dozens of colors to modfiy weapons in the game. The color crystal you get is a yellow, gold, or a yellow/gold that has a black shade to it. Look for confirmation later.
7:20p: Question: Are there shards in the game? JO: We have the tech to do that but we will be using it very sparingly. On launch day we might have to use it in some capacity, once the pop normalizes though that is not something we plan to use.
7:21p: Question: Can you change your Advanced class? JO: We are going to allow you to respec out of your advanced class, first time not very expensive, and then after that it will become progressively more costly. First time easy, after that difficult.
7:22p: Question: Can we get extra details on the companion ai customization? JO: Can't talk about that yet.
7:23p: JO: We wanted to allow customization of companion looks, this was based on testing feedback.
7:23p: Question: When can you make that customization? JO: Initial companion kits will happen early but later ones we're working on and will comment later.
7:24p: Question: What options are there for people who can't play much? JO: One of the things we wanted was to make sure we never had a grind in Star Wars: The Old Republic. It's endless. We're going to have plenty of story content for you, if you love BioWare RPGs, you'll have a lot of fun with it.
7:25p: JO: We have reacted on the reaction of the speeders. We were originally going with an upgrade route to the speeders, slow at first make them not look great. After a little thought we went back to the drawing board and adding new speeders, land speeders went in and now we're churning out a bunch of them and you will likely be impressed.
7:27p: Q: Mac version? JO: We have no plans for a mac client at launch, use bootcamp it works great.
7:28p: JO: We have an unannounced feature that will unlock other races/species for factions. (Legacy system)
7:28p: Q: Number of abilities at 50? Everyone: Around 30.
7:29p: Q: Sith pureblood inquisitors? JO: Currently not allowing that, they fit the class but not the story, right now we're not allowing it but maybe. There was a lot of debate on this.
7:30p: Q: Plans for vanity armor that overwrites the equiped one? JO: We debated that, but we're not doing that. If you want to look great you'll have to make scarifies in combat strength. SR: All of the items you get from the vendor will be primarily cosmetic items like a vip location that you will be able to purchase with credits.
7:32p: Q: Are you going to be able to customize the look of your starship? JO: That's on the wall of crazy post ship features.
7:32p: Q: Titles? JO: We have a ton of titles and you'll be able to choose. They're totally cosmetic.
7:33p: Q: Favorite class? RV and DD: Imperial Agent JO: Sith Warrior SR: Smuggler to balance out this empire bias.

So the important info from there:

1) The starter planets will be broken out into shards until the population normalizes.
2) The CE vendor is purely cosmetic
3) There will be a legacy system. Unlocking things like new races (to encourage multiple play-throughs).
4) As of now you can respec out of your advanced class

Some other info:

New pre-order trailer with all classes
New vehicles – including a land speeder!
You can change appearance of companions, not just through gear but also skin color
19 major worlds and many more small worlds – sounds like 2 more are yet to be announced
Companions may get AI control similar to Dragon Age
Solo players have an entire endgame planet to themselves
Quick travel system between planets – NOT map travel though
Beta weekends in September will be huge – lots of people
Release – “Holiday 2011″

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Re: SDCC Info

Postby Feaduin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:18 pm

What is map travel and quick travel? does no map travel mean that while planetside, you have to walk/ride everywhere? If so then this sounds very similar to the Mass Effect system minus the relays. I don't mind travel if I get to control the movement. I hate it when the travel is done automatically like DAOC's and WoW's paid transport. Basically I like control hehe.

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Re: SDCC Info

Postby Kiawah » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Feaduin wrote:What is map travel and quick travel? does no map travel mean that while planetside, you have to walk/ride everywhere? If so then this sounds very similar to the Mass Effect system minus the relays. I don't mind travel if I get to control the movement. I hate it when the travel is done automatically like DAOC's and WoW's paid transport. Basically I like control hehe.

Map travel means you can run there with no outside help. Quick travel is either a loading screen or a fast guide (like a gryphon in WoW or a horse in LotRO).

For a WoW equivalent, in TOR going from planet to planet is the same as traveling from Kalimdor to Eastern Kingdoms (getting on a ship, seeing a loading screen, and you're there).

Return to “The Old Republic”