Dish says AMC isn't getting enough ratings?

All that BoobTube goodness...
Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Dish says AMC isn't getting enough ratings?

Postby Feaduin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:12 pm

The first I heard about this was when I was watching Mad Men and the commercial came on about how Dish was dropping AMC and their related channels. I figure that it was just another industry spat that comes up every so often when contract negotiations get underway. Usually those get resolved with little impact to the consumers. Then this happened:

http://gawker.com/5915734/amc-and-dish-network-get-into-a-slap-fight

NOW you're fucking ME, Dish Network. Not just AMC. Making statements like AMC has so few ratings that they were banished to the 9000s is utter bullshit. If it weren't for Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Hell on Wheels, The Walking Dead, and all the other shows, Dish probably would have a lot fewer subs. So now that I know how inanely childish Dish can be, I think I need to consider another provider.

WHERE ARE YOU FIOS??? WHY WON'T YOU COME TO MY NEIGHBORHOOD?

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Re: Dish says AMC isn't getting enough ratings?

Postby Feaduin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Looks like Viacom pulled 26 channels from DirectTV in a separate slap fight which means at any time, the customers can get shafted when the people in charge wearing suits decide to act more like children wearing onesies.

I bet after this bullshit, cord cutting will start to pick up steam.

Dish kicked off all AMC channels but at least for Dish subscribers.... AMC announced that they will allow subs to stream the season premiere of Breaking Bad. http://gawker.com/5925482/amc-refuses-to-take-squabble-with-dish-network-out-on-customers-lets-them-stream-breaking-bad-premiere-online-for-free. For those not wanting to click, the Breaking Bad premiere is this Sunday and you need to sign up at the AMC website.

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:18 pm

haha, apparently not long before the Viacom channels went off air, Viacom/DTV were dueling with customer messages. I read reports about as much of a quarter of the screen being taken up by Viacom scrolling a message blaming DTV at the bottom of the screen and DTV scrolling a message blaming Viacom at the top. For some reason I get a lot of glee out of seeing big companies act like children.

That said, it also sounded like DTV had the right of it here. At least from the little I read, it basically sounds like Viacom pulled out because they wanted more money which would've required DTV to raise rates
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Postby Kiawah » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:12 am

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... ol/giants/

I completely sympathize with companies like Dish, DirecTV, Netflix etc who are at the mercy of the 5 companies that own %95 of media and entertainment.

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:12 pm

AMC announces that the premiere of the final season of Breaking Bad hit a record high... WITHOUT Dish viewers.

Dish's argument that AMC just doesn't get ratings is officially bullshit.

Sorry but I can't side with Dish on this one.

Return to “Movies, TV and Anime”