Re: Game of Thrones

Postby SectsDryve » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Daenerys and her three Yoshi.
Elune:
Jeabus-Human Warlock, Hoshi-Night Elf Druid, Ginkobiloba-Undead Mage

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Postby Feaduin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Some cosplayers just get it.

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Postby Kiawah » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:47 am

The most epic season of the most epic show returns on 3/31!

Bree
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby Bree » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Can't wait to see it.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:52 pm

I haven't kept up with the show at all so I appreciated this nice summary in the body of a Game of Thrones beer review.

http://foodjunk.wordpress.com/2013/04/1 ... -a-review/

Here’s what I remember of the plot. There is an evil, well-bathed, effeminate blonde family who are really jerky and want to rule and have incestuous intercourse with each other. Peter Dinklage is part of that family, and he’s fantastic in every way, but he doesn’t get into the whole having sex with a sibling thing.

Then there’s a brown-haired family who is a little dirtier and a little furrier and they’re wandering around because they used to rule the kingdoms (there’s like 22 kingdoms) but don’t rule anymore because the blonde family tricked them or something. I think the brown dirties have a guy who lives at this mega wall in Siberia. He keeps an eye out for snow zombies, who no one believes really exist, but totally do. And the snow zombies are pissed because they’re snow zombies.

Then there’s a really hot chick that used to be married to a Klingon named Coal Dragon. Her name is Cold Lisa. She’s in charge of a brood of baby dragons and has a flock of poor people who follow her around the desert. She wants to rule Middle Earth because she thinks her dragons automatically make her the queen or something. I guess dragons are undefeatable, except that these dragons are the last three dragons so at some point someone must have defeated all of them.

And everyone is always talking about dads and brothers and sons.

And there are wolves and giants and castles and magic. There’s always magic. But it’s not like cool Harry Potter magic, it’s like religion magic.
Bye space sword!

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:06 pm

FYI, Dragons weren't defeated. Most dragons died out during an event called <a href="http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Doom_of_Valyria">"The Doom"</a>, a cataclysm type event... they talk about this a bit in book 5. The Dragons that were left-over were used by the Targaryens. The Targaryens never had more than 20 dragons, and most of those were killed only when the Targaryens started fighting with each other.

They have a pretty much flawless track record when it comes to conquering kingdoms, so the idea that they'll be a major player for Daenerys has merit.

GET UR FACTS STR8 FUNNY POST

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Well, if the only thing he was misinformed about was dragons (and they aren't up to book 5 yet in the series, are they?) then I say good summary! Also beer!!
Bye space sword!

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:29 am

Re: Red Wedding.....

Never read the books. I can't believe I wasn't spoiled. Just found out the book where this is found is like 13 years old and no one blurted it out and ruined it. THANK YOU!

And HOLY FUCK SHITBALLS!

Separate question... how does a warg control an animal after he is mortally wounded? Gareth was stabbed and he should have had only a few more moments of consciousness and yet he was able to get the eagle to attack Jon while he was dead on the ground. Can wargs transfer consciousness into other things? Or was that just supposed to be him almost dead but not quite?

What a season it has been so far. i've watched each episode at least twice, thereby doubling runtime but it's still too damn short. On next week's finale, Im hoping to see a giant critical bitchslap knock off Joffrey's jaw.

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:23 am

When a skinchanger dies (a "warg" is a skinchanger who enters specifically wolves... the TV show just calls everyone a "warg"), they can kind of cheat death by putting their consciousnesses into an animal. Even if their body dies, they can live inside the animal... although they do start to "become" animal-like the longer they're inside the animal.

I thought they did a good job with the TV show in that scene... although I haven't (and don't think I even can) watch it a 2nd time. It's a pretty intense scene in the books as well because that entire scene is told entirely from Catelyn's point of view.

Tamayo
Captain
Captain

Postby Tamayo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:31 am

I didn't get spoiled on it either, but I did see face book posts saying "OMG OMG" all week, and listened to a spoiler free podcast talking about how it was one of the most intense and crazy scenes ever, but now having seen it, it really didn't bother me that much. I think I was expecting something even crazier than what happened. I can imagine if I didn't know to expect something, it would have been a little more shocking because I thought they did a pretty good job creating a false sense of happiness during most of the episode. I guess it also doesn't help that the characters involved were probably my least favorite.

But is this really the most shocking scene in the whole book series so far? I kinda expected more from a series that prides itself on being so gritty and violent. I wonder if I've just become way too desensitized to violence.. :(

Still a good episode though, after all that.
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: I'm a cotton headed ninny-muggins

Postby SectsDryve » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:15 am

Elune:

Jeabus-Human Warlock, Hoshi-Night Elf Druid, Ginkobiloba-Undead Mage

Tamayo
Captain
Captain

Postby Tamayo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:45 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Feaduin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Return to “Movies, TV and Anime”