Lazy Butt

Playing a game that doesn't have a forum all it's own? Chib about it here!
Baile
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Sweetheart

Lazy Butt

Postby Baile » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:20 pm

I'm lazy and tipsy and game clean for too damn long. Just say, if I wanted to play a game again with my grog friends....what the heck is everyone into and will I get addicted again if I get into it?

skuppy
The Magic Man
The Magic Man
Games: WoW, Rock Band 2, Fallout 3

Postby skuppy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:04 pm

We're all playing WoW again. Ya really. :P
This space for rent.

Baile
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Baile » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:19 am

Rats.....what to do????

Have a life to live?

or

Have a toon live that life?

Oh dear Milk Jug, help me decide...do I take that first hit again?

Yes? No? Wait?

Left ear hears "buy that game joo foo" right ear hears "say good bye to real life fun"

Is there such a thing as a MPG game that isn't fricking addicting?

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:29 am

The non addicting games are generally crap =(

I say if you've resisted the urge for this long, don't give up the good fight!
Bye space sword!

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Postby Kiawah » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:44 am

Baile wrote:Have a life to live?

or

Have a toon live that life?

You realize it is possible to have a life and play WoW at the same time? Must fight the addiction! <3

But yeah there's still a decent amount in WoW, a bunch of punks that have come back, and a few people that never left.

Baile
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Baile » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:47 am

I know people can have a life and play WoW....sadly I don't think I'm one of those type of people. Once I started playing, the game started consuming me. In the beginning I didn't mind getting hooked since it stopped my spending and partying and I got all my damn cards paid off but I didn't quit (that was back with the game Everclear or Everquest or Everafter, can't even remember)

WoW was wonderful because Baile didn't have to deal with Fay's realities. Baile was so happy, that Fay thought she was too. Quite the rude awakening when all this dawned on me.

I'm not fighting the addiction to WoW, I won't smoke that pipe again hopefully, I was just hoping something new pulled you all together and I could come play with yous. I do really really miss messing around with ya'll in game. Not to mention I'm having a harder time paying my cr.cards off monthly as I'm spending WAY more than when I played games.

THANK GOD FOR THE FORUM. Oh well it was worth a try Have fun in WoW.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Postby Phat.Stack » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:27 am

Well, the good news is that you already proved once that you can kick the habit.

Sure, it took a major life changing event, but maybe next time it will be easier. Wait until your credit cards are in the danger zone and then induldge in gaming to reduce how much you are spending.

Its kinda like chemotherapy for cancer. Sure, the chemo hurts you and makes you feel terrible... but the alternative is death. While that's a morbid analogy (and overdramatic to boot) if your credit card debt is going to put you in a really bad place financially (cancer), getting yourself on an MMO (chemo) might hurt you in the short run, but assuming you set an initial goal of "leaving the MMO after credit cards are payed off" it could help you in the long run.

Actually its a terrible analogy, but I hope it helps.

Baile
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Baile » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:37 am

Actually that analogy works wonders for me. If I find myself in financial trouble in reality.....jump into gaming and fix it. At least on the bright side, gaming is way more fun than chemo and I know it works.

Oh Phat, I LOVE YOU for that.

The only danger now is....I can justify buying anything in the whole world that I want cause I know I can cure the trouble I could get into. Of course I won't do something that stupid when I'm sober....but I don't take my brain with me when I go to my "no memory Patron or Casa place"

Return to “Flavor of the Month”