Hellgate: London - Shulgoth Server

Playing a game that doesn't have a forum all it's own? Chib about it here!
Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Hellgate: London - Shulgoth Server

Postby Phat.Stack » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:14 pm

Unfortunately the servers are currently down, but I wanted to get a thread up here about server selection so people from Grog can choose to play together if they want.

I intend to make characters on the Abbadon server (as soon as its up)

Will post names as soon as I make them
Last edited by Phat.Stack on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:22 pm

Shulgoth is the only server that's been up so far that I've seen so I've been playing there. I wonder if beating normal mode on one server will unlock elite/hardcore on all servers because that's what I really care about.

Shulgoth appears to be back up, but I still don't see any other servers on the list besides it and the EU server.
Ras, Human Priest of Ner'zhul, retired

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:50 pm

Wierd... I definitely see a second US server named Abbadon. Everything seems really screwy. Its lauch so its to be expected but I was hoping

Both Shulgoth and Abbadon were down when I tried them last... so Ill keep tryin the servers. If Shulgoth comes up before Abbadon then Ill make a character there... if they come up at the same time... I dont know. If Shulgoth has been up longer, there might be a larger population on Shulgoth which, as we saw in WoW, is both a blessing and a curse.

Any insight as to which server we should go to is appreciated here. Im not decided on either yet, I just thought Abbadon had the cooler name.

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:18 pm

That is pretty weird. I've restarted the game, logged in and out, etc. and I still only see Shulgoth and Sydonai. I've got my retail key added to my account, but haven't actually installed the retail client because my dvd-rom is a flaky piece of shit that doesn't like the game disc. Beta client seems to work fine still, but it could be causing my server problem.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:40 pm

Ok, made a character on the Shulgoth server. Im intending to rush through the main game as quickly as possible to unlock Hardcore mode.

PhatStack is my toon. Marksman seems like the best bet for a fast squishy damage dealer that I wouldnt bring into Hardcore.

OverloadUT
Buccaneer
Buccaneer
Custom Rank: Splat!

Postby OverloadUT » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:03 am

Yay, I'm glad you chose Shulgoth as that's where me and my friends are playing. My character on there is Pear.

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:00 am

Oops, haven't posted my character name in this thread: it's Baptiste.

I'm up to 15 as a fire/bone evoker. I somehow made it to Act 3 without any shield penetration or overload, but that was miserable and I broke down and grabbed some relics off the crafter to get 100% penetration. This would definitely be a retarded hardcore build as well - I've died an assload of times already. I'm also not going to be able to play hardcore alone because my cable likes to drop me once an evening. :crazy:

vrrn
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby vrrn » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:19 am

I've got a Guardian on Shulgoth too.

"Vrrn"

(surprise surprise)
All my signature images were broken because Lightfeather deleted the old Grog Roster! This space for rent.

Cycleptus
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Whatcha wamme shoot?

Postby Cycleptus » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:49 am

I'm on Shulgoth also, Blademaster named Cycleptus. Will try and look y'all up this weekend! :D

/cyc
Too dumb to figure out how to make a signature work :sad:

Cycleptus
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Whatcha wamme shoot?

Postby Cycleptus » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:52 am

ShadowDrgn wrote:I'm also not going to be able to play hardcore alone because my cable likes to drop me once an evening. :crazy:

I found out the hard way that even in an instance you've cleared you can't hit escape, walk away from the computer for a few minutes, and come back and expect to be alive :lol:

/cyc
Too dumb to figure out how to make a signature work :sad:

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:42 pm

Hey phatstack, I've tried to message you every day and you're never looking at chat.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:47 am

OMG its the truth!

I almost never have the chat window up, but Ill try to in the future. Unfortunately its really clunky and takes up a big portion of the screen.

Ill try to remember to open it up now that more people are playing.

I was off work Thursday and Friday and played HG:L a ton this weekend. Im at the last mission in Act 4 so hopefully Ill hit Act 5 tonight. Like I mentioned in my initial post, Im very interested in getting Harcore mode unlocked ASAP.

As soon as I finish the game, Im making my Guardian Hardcore Elite character.

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:11 pm

I just started Act 5, trying to get to elite (hardcore possibly) soon. Not sure I want to make a hardcore evoker because I've made so many of them already and I'm kind of bored with the class. Making a fresh class in hardcore sounds like a recipe for dying to Shulgoth.

There are a half dozen or so Lost Anarchy people playing and a few other friends of mine. Perhaps we should throw a guild up and combine forces?

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:21 pm

Id definitely join a guild if there was one.

I haven't even considered grouping to this point as my whole focus was getting to Hardcore Elite. My frequent ninja AFKs also make me a traditionally bad partner unless the stars just so happen to align and give me uninterrupted playing time.

Im pretty certain that Ill die quite a bit before I get the hang of Hardcore Elite... Ill probably alternate between a Guardian and a Summoner depending on which I think will work better. That's definitely one of the reasons why I rolled Marksman to get through the game the first time. I wanted a totally new experience when I start Hardcore Elite.

Ausrine
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Custom Rank: The most ebil

Postby Ausrine » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:31 am

Just picked this up a couple days ago. Ausrine on Shulgoth.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:31 am

Thanks for making a guild Ras!

Did you go Hardcore or Softcore Elite?

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:07 pm

I went hardcore double penetration.
Bye space sword!

Sidonia
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Custom Rank: Donner of the Robe and Hat
Location: A world of my own... but it's ok, they know me here

Postby Sidonia » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:18 pm

Pssh.. hardcore double is for losers... Triple is where it's at.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:04 pm

Triple pen is ghey. No matter where the third guy sticks his wang, he is rubbin it up against another guy's.

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:26 pm

Phat.Stack wrote:Triple pen is ghey. No matter where the third guy sticks his wang, he is rubbin it up against another guy's.

You can keep it straight if the third guy goes for the ears or toes.
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Don't forget the knee and arm pits. And I guess a girl can "technically" have sex with 4 guys at once without it becoming an official gay act. She can jerk 2 guys off at the same time while blowing a 3rd as the 4th guy chooses a remaining hole.

And wow did this topic steer off course. Also, add this to my list of games I want to try.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:57 pm

Marcallo wrote:Also, add this to my list of games I want to try.

Well shit, when are you going to visit CA? I'm sure Phatty, Munki, and myself would all be willing to play 3-Pen with you. Consider this a beta invite.
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:38 pm

PopnFresh wrote:
Marcallo wrote:Also, add this to my list of games I want to try.

Well shit, when are you going to visit CA? I'm sure Phatty, Munki, and myself would all be willing to play 3-Pen with you. Consider this a beta invite.

I totally saw that coming, no pun intended, I can assure you.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:03 am

Finally beat the game!

Just made two new characters in Hardcore Elite mode and now Im REALLY enjoying Hellgate.

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:10 pm

By the way, Hellgate currently has no way to appoint guild officers, but I can invite offline characters (you get a message asking to join the guild when you log on). Just list all your characters if you want into the guild and I'll invite them all. It's a lonely place so far, mainly because the chat sucks so much that no one uses it.

Return to “Flavor of the Month”