Where is everyone spending their time these days?

Playing a game that doesn't have a forum all it's own? Chib about it here!
Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Where is everyone spending their time these days?

Postby Sord » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:16 am

So, where are you guys hanging out? GW2 had a strong start like TOR but like many other flavors of the month, it ends up being just a few people playing regularly. Heck, I'm only back playing "regularly" within the past few days after a couple weeks of doing other shit.

Thus the point of this post, here is a list of my other shit.
-I got up to the second zone in The Secret World. No sub fee means I can come back and enjoy content at my own pace.
-Playing a bit of STO. I got myself a Defiant and have had fun doing the episodic content with Damon and Kevin. Also free to play. I almost spent some money on it and I still might but I'll wait til my next run in with the game.
-Mark of the Ninja. Derek hooked a brother up and it is a lot of fun. I'm terrible at it.
-GW2 of course. I've started using gw2lfg.com a bit to find some groups until an in game tool becomes available. Sucks but so far it is the next best thing compared to camping in LA while looking at chat for a group to form.
-MTG: Duals of the Planeswalkers 2013. I love me some Magic. I got it during the steam winter sale for a song.
-FTL: Faster than Light. I got hooked on this during my trip to California to visit Damon and Nicole. I like this game and I like this soundtrack. I think I've listened to it several times at work now while reading a book.
-Tried out some TERA. Not really my cup of tea. But hey, tits.

So, how about you? I feel like GW2 is my "main" game but I have not been able to dedicate myself long term to a game in a while.
Bye space sword!

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Re: Where is everyone spending their time these days?

Postby Munki » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:18 pm

I've jumped around a lot of games in recent history but;

-GW2 is probably still my 'main' game as well. The gw2lfg site has helped me play a bit more often, along with the revamped dailies. I expect GW2 in general will be a game I pop back in to all the time.

-Borderlands 2. I played the ever loving crap out of this one. Beat the game 3 times, then again once in True Vault Hunter Mode, and also completed the first 2 DLCs. Got my Mechromancer up to 50 and got a few legendaries. I"m sure I'll go back to do the last 2 DLC's in the season pass at some point.

-STO. Did this for awhile with Kevin and Josh. Pretty fun, but I feel I've lost all steam on it for now. Got up to level 40 with my skanky engineer and got a good tanking cruiser (Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser) all set up. Fun enough of a game that I could pop in from time to time.

-TERA. Played a bit of this and did the first dungeon. So many flaws, but dungeons were actually pretty fun. Pretty looking game too. It's just a shame that the structure of the game is so archaic and a detriment to the enjoyment.

-Mark of the Ninja. Funny enough, Derek hooked me up with this during Christmas as well. Derek is turning in to the Ninja-dealer. Fantastic game and I love popping in to do a level from time to time.

-Secret World. Josh hooked me up while it was on sale and I've been playing some here and there with him. The game is pretty fun for the setting and story. The lack of sub is definately appealing.

-Don't Starve. Got this not too long ago and I pop in and play it from time to time. It's hard for me to really get invested in yet though, as it is still in beta. Still really fun though, even without allt he planned features in yet. I recommend checking this game out in March when it releases fully.

-Dark Souls. Got it during the Christmas sales and loved it. I've stalled out for the time being, but had such a great time with it. I fully intend to go back and finish it off at some point. If you enjoy A-RPGs, I recommend checking it out.

So far, the only games on the horizon this year for me are Shadowrun Returns, Starbound, and Monaco. They are all late spring or later releases it seems (although Monaco may hit in March) though.
Space for Rent

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:19 pm

I've been playing Torchlight II and watching a crap ton of TV. Just started a new show called Neighbors about some aliens that took over an entire housing development and lived there unnoticed for ten years when one of their company sold their house and took off, leaving it open to the human market. A human family found the town-home up for sale and bought it and hilarity ensues. Much of it is cheesy and dumb but there are spots that have me laughing out loud so I'm going to stick with it.

I'm currently in "project" mode. It's february so Chloe has to make valentines for her teacher and her entire class. I was thinking of just spending $14 bucks on a box of pre made cards for her to sign, but I found a project that I can do for cheaper with construction paper and 23 lolly pops. I'm going to put these things all together and then have her sign her name and her friends name on the leaf. http://spoonful.com/crafts/friendship-blossoms She'll walk into class with a huge bouquet of flowers and pass them out to everyone. I thought it would be cute. I mean flowers and candy are the essence of a traditional valentine and this combines both in one item. /nerdy

I also need to fix the cat tower because my cats have broken and shredded it after only three years. It would cost $135 to get a brand new one. http://www.amazon.com/Armarkat-Pet-Prod ... B003BYQ18M From using the long flat board as a launch pad they've snapped it in half and it needs to be reinforced with wood and metal L brackets and they've shredded a few of the support pillars so I need to get new rope and re-wrap them, which means I'm going to have to buy a staple gun. If the price of the supplies and tools needed to fix this thing is more than half the price of a new one I'm going to cry. I may try and affix the rope with hammer and nails if the staple gun is too much $$. My parents have a heavy duty staple gun for re-upholstering furniture, but I asked my mom if I could borrow it and she can't find it.

Aaaaaanyhow. Yea. Just busy. =/
ImageImage

Bree
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby Bree » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:40 pm

The only game I have right now is GW2 but I haven't played in a while. If I do log in I am alone and since I can't commit to any kind of regular schedule I suppose it will stay that way. I want to play something but when it gets down to it I find myself doing other things all the time such as:

Working too much

2 classes this semester - Marketing and Mass Communication

Current TV - The Following(new this year), Biggest Loser, Criminal Minds, Castle, Justified, Smash(back this week), FAR too much HGTV, Game of Thrones(March)
- Hockey with Jason

Apple TV/Netflix - BSG the whole series (in the middle of season 2 at the moment)
- Downton Abby (only seen the first 2 episodes, season 1 so far)

I need to fit reading the game of thrones books in here somewhere still only in the middle of book 1

Jason is playing a game called Firefall.

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Postby Kiawah » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:04 am

I'm also in the floating through many games mode at the moment.

I kind of burnt myself out with GW2 I think, and even can't even bring myself to log back in. I just upgraded my PC last week, and I haven't even installed GW2 on it yet. I will again eventually, but right now it's not a high priority.

I played Torch Light for a little bit, did 1 play through, but haven't played since.

I'll still fire up Civ 5 and do a play through on occasion, I love that game. Very slow turn based strategy games are my bread and butter, and I'll always play Civ. The expansion really fixed a lot of the balance issues and I like the new features added (religion and spying).

Started playing Planetside a little bit, will probably get into that more once I find an outfit to join. Very hard to solo in that game and do anything worthwhile.

Mostly though I've been playing Tera. I can only play it in small spurts though. The questing system is sooooo boring that I want to gouge out my eyes. It boggles my mind that developers can make such an awesome game aesthetically, yet throw in a questing system that's 10 years old. The dungeons are fun; I do miss Korean MMOs with harsh death penalties and scantly-clad elves. My priest is about level 35, and I hope at least get to the max level and see how the end game dungeons are. This game goes F2P tomorrow though... so we'll see how it develops after that.

I've been pretty busy with work though, and haven't had a ton of time. Mostly I've been re-reading a Storm of Swords in preparation for the new Game of Thrones season.

dcazman
Captain
Captain
Custom Rank: Master of the obvious.
Games: PS4 games

Postby dcazman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:29 am

Borderlands 2 for me as well. I am only on PS games these days but I really want to play DOTA 2 that my friend gifted me in steam so the PC may find me returning. I hated AC 3 and that makes me sad so I may go back and try to force more time in it. Overall, I can't do much more then play Borderlands 2 because it pisses me off, like Munki I can't yet put BL2 down.

IPhone / Drioid games count? I play Simpsons tap out and for a click game it has a funny story.

That and School work / work is all I got. I love love Civ 5 like Kiawah but it plays a touch too slow for me, I might need to fire it up because Kiawah talked about it.
This space for rent , playing DOW and games on the PS3

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Anything you are spending time on counts!

RE: The Following. Damn I'm hooked. The first two episodes really drew me and my family in. They didn't want to watch it at first but they were at the edge of their seats within the first 10 minutes of the pilot episode.
Bye space sword!

Bree
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby Bree » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:21 pm

ya I am really liking the following so far. Supposed to be watching it in 40 minutes but I think Jason fell asleep, lol

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:01 am

hmm, might have to start watching it as well then. Nothing wrong with some Bacon at night.

Screwtape
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Sexy Pahties!

Postby Screwtape » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 am

I got hooked on Borderlands. Played both games. I regret that I don't have... an "online" version... because it seems fun as shit for coop. Played some Mass Effect Trilogy too. Tried loading up GW2, but: A. Not willing to spend money on extra character slot, and B. The classes left to play don't interest me. I think I'm gonna play some Kingdoms of Amalur, or maybe use emulators and play me some old school games from the NES-PSX

I was tempted to play SWTOR now that it's F2P... But after seeing their F2P system... I decided against it. Some of the "paid vs free" differences seem to be petty, as if they're in denial that they're F2P now.

Played some Ace Combat Assault Horizon (on PC! Hooray!) which was a lot of fun, since I loved that series on the PS1/2.

Been reading a lot- Read a good chunk of the Horus Heresy series from W40K. Didn't love it. Trying to get into the Wheel of Time, which by all accounts is very good. But after the first 5 novels (including the prequel) I couldn't get past the sitcom-like gender politics (women constantly saying how all men are stupid, and men saying how women just drive them crazy, and are a mystery. It's usually not bad, but it seems its too prevalent in the narrative), or that 1/3rd of the characters are just terrible IMO (In that they're unlikeable, AND THEY'RE THE GOOD GUYS?!) Gonna read some throwaway series I found before I get into the Dune series, maybe. Not sure which series to get into next.

On TV I'm all over Justified, Supernatural, and Archer, who thankfully gave me my new favorite method of shutting someone up: "Shut your dick-holster!"
I will enthrall you with my Puerto Rican voodoo love charms.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Read The Dresden Files. There may or may not be a digital collection out there someplace in a cove for internet scalawags. For the Horus Heresy, I think the first book was the best and everything after that not so much. I think I got to the 3rd or 4th book and called it quits.

I'm developing a love/hate relationship with Supernatural. I think I'm finally starting to get tired of the same formula over and over. That is, one brother having something so horrible happen to him at the end of one season and then come back and not deal with it until the very end of the next season while being a complete shithole to everyone around him and only realizing he's being a shithole when something even worse happens to the other brother and then repeat.
Bye space sword!

Sidonia
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Custom Rank: Donner of the Robe and Hat
Location: A world of my own... but it's ok, they know me here

Postby Sidonia » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:02 pm

I have been... scatterbrained I guess.

I came back to GW2 for a little bit and then got sidetracked by Skyrim and Mark of the Ninja as well (not from Derek though).

I've also been playing a bit of SWTOR as well and I'm also casually raiding every Wed/Sunday in WoW, though I'm not sure how long that will continue exactly.

Dipped into Path of Exile (Free to Play Diablo-esque game) every now and then when I want to ARPG.

Mostly though, I watch other people play games on Twitch TV more so than I play games myself.

Aside from that, I'll watch a couple things on Hulu when the mood strikes, such as The Following.

Rocketdog
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Games: Sims3, Skyrim

Postby Rocketdog » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:15 pm

This game:

Rocketdog | Vendela | Badgley| Biviel | Sharon | Dr. Hot&Awesome

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Rocketdog wrote:This game:

The sad part: She's not kidding.
Bye space sword!

Kyecsrai
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Hooters gonna hoot.
Games: Your mom.

Postby Kyecsrai » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:50 pm

I've been playing World of Tanks with a bit of Skyrim here and there on the side. As for reading I've been working my way through Blade of the Immortal, and I haven't really been watching much TV lately though I do have the first season of The Walking Dead sitting here. I just haven't set aside the time to watch it yet.
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.

Eggnog
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Eggnog » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:35 am

Haven't been playing too many video games lately, I've actually been spending more time on miniatures (40K, trying Dystopian Legions and Warmachine/Hordes soon) than anything else. Plant's vs Zombies has been a reliable timekiller.

TV has been Justified & Elementary. Grimm starting soon.
This space for rent.

Bree
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby Bree » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 pm

On a whim, Jason felt like playing WoW and so we both just reactivated our accounts. I'm in for a least a month of that, we'll see how that turns out, Playing a Panda so all the quests for now are all shiny and new.

dcazman
Captain
Captain

Postby dcazman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:31 am

Bree wrote:On a whim, Jason felt like playing WoW and so we both just reactivated our accounts. I'm in for a least a month of that, we'll see how that turns out, Playing a Panda so all the quests for now are all shiny and new.

I am interested to read your review, please.

Feaduin
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Billions and billions eaten.

Postby Feaduin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:48 pm

Massive TV backlog marathons. I'm just consuming TV like a hungry little pig. And while watching, I'm leveling up my cards in Rage of Bahamut. Does a phone game count as a game? :P

After my previous place of employment burned down, it was only a matter of time before I got laid off so that's where I got so much "vacation time" to play GW2. New job has me on total lockdown but it's ok because I'm making up for lost income. Totally different field than before and I'm vastly overqualified but whatever. Fuck it. But other than what I already said above, it's youtubing for all sorts of shit like... calligraphy. Yeah I suppose I should explain that last part but I'll save it for my journal.

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Kiawah » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:33 am

dcazman wrote:
Bree wrote:On a whim, Jason felt like playing WoW and so we both just reactivated our accounts. I'm in for a least a month of that, we'll see how that turns out, Playing a Panda so all the quests for now are all shiny and new.

I am interested to read your review, please.

I've been playing the MoP free trial the last few days. WoW is still WoW. It's not perfect, but it's still a quality MMO with lots of content that is comparable and competitive to pretty much any other MMO on the market today. The problem I have with WoW though is I'm just not sure if it's worth the $20 + $15 per month, when there's so many other f2p MMOs out there.

Borracho
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Custom Rank: Head Brewer

Postby Borracho » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Been playing the Neverwinter beta a bunch with Thatius/Celleste, it's F2P and they're not gonna wipe characters after the beta. Pretty fun, in a lot of ways it's super basic and still in need of a lot of detail and balancing but I really like the combat system, it's just fun to fight in that game and you are rewarded for paying attention and being quick on your feet. I also like that users can create their own dungeons and there's a pretty good system for playing and rating user created content. The stuff they're trying to make money on is pretty much convenience stuff like bags and mounts.
Also been playing the hell outta Borderlands 2 this year, please hit me up on there if you wanna play together sometime, I just started playing around with the Psycho class and it's pretty fun. I'll be gone touring for the rest of June but weekdays this Summer I'll be on there a lot, my xbox ID is Mars5446.
Other than that, a bit of Halo4 and also Dark Souls is pretty much my favorite game ever.
Miss you guys, say hi if you check out Neverwinter! Borracho@Mars5446
Cheers,
Mars
Borracho - Main
Gruit/Dendritus/Chompsky - Alts

Tamayo
Captain
Captain

Postby Tamayo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:29 pm

I've been reading and watching TV shows more than video games lately, but I've also been in grad school, so the game time has been limited. I miss playing games with Grog (granted I never did play WoW with you all as much as I should have). I find myself having a hard time getting into MMOs these days because they are such a time sink and everything seems like it isn;t much different than WoW and I've been there done that
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Gunuku
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Guild: Lost Anarchy

Postby Gunuku » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:42 am

Planetside 2, a free2play mmofps by Sony.
Heyoka / Solarwind / Irkalla - Ner'zhul

dcazman
Captain
Captain

Postby dcazman » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:48 am

Not playing anything now, if I did play it would be BL2 i bought expansion packs. We need our own XMBC forum, I drive myself crazy trying to get it to work for me.

Return to “Flavor of the Month”