OMG DON'T BE AFRAID!

Are you lost? Having registration problems? Contact us here.
YourAdmin

OMG DON'T BE AFRAID!

Postby YourAdmin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:31 am

Zomg... don't hate me. I flipped over to the new install of phpbb3 and then realized that some people may not be able to log in after the database conversion. If you are having trouble logging in and the "email me a new password" feature isn't working post here or shoot me an email here: lightfeather at gmail dot com.

Spaces and spelling to preserve my poor email address. I'm still not sure how all the permissions translated over so I'm not sure if guest posting is set up for this forum. Everything is a bit of a mess but it'll be worth it as they are not going to be posting security updates for phpbb2 anymore.

/Edit... haha. I just posted as a guest and didn't realize it.

Niata
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: The Executioner

Re: OMG DON'T BE AFRAID!

Postby Niata » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:33 pm

I'm logging in okay but for some weirdo reason the whole look of the board has changed except for once today. Now it says "i Support Forum" in the upper left corner. WTO?

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:43 pm

Just go reset your settings under your profile. She uploaded PHPBB3.0 and redid the whole data base and you'll notice all the bling and pets and stuff are gone. Which is good in my opinion but I guess NIcole will pick and choose what she likes and put it back.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:47 pm

That's because when I upgraded to phpbb3 the old themes were no longer supported as well as almost every single mod.

I'm rebuilding from the ground up here. People are slowly upgrading their mods to work with this new upgrade forum. Right now, before I start modding, the first thing we need to do is pick a few board styles so I know what I'm working with.

No more of this updating 6 themes crap like before. Three would be good... or maybe four so we can have two dark themes and two light themes.

The styles you see are all base. (ZOMG WE ARE NOW I SUPPORT!) I haven't bothered to make graphics for the headers or personalize anything yet because we're not sure what themes are staying and which are going...
ImageImage

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:49 pm

I haven't voted but I'm using the default setting, and frankly it's perfect. Easy on the eyes and not all that fancy, it's grrreat.

Things I'd like to see come back is the RPG mod that lets you turn something into a spell scroll type thing, that was one of my favorite. I don't THINK we need the Dymiti chat thingie anymore. :D
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:51 pm

you talking about the BB Code?

What's awesome about phpbb3 is that most mods are modular. Plug and play. So I may be able to find an easy rpg button and plug it right in.

I hope you're not talking about ADR rpg... that thing was broken as all hell. And I don't know if anyone picked it up to port it over here.
ImageImage

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:25 pm

Yeah the BB Code that you could do rpg and then /rpg around. The ADR thing I never touched.

Pax
Captain
Captain
Custom Rank: Mage of Dark Desire

Postby Pax » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:10 am

I liked the games, but I can waste time just as easily through popcap games or something. ;) I'd JUST beaten Marc's score on Tetris too! Darn!

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:59 am

The games can come back. The game section got an upgrade too but I don't think I'll be able to port over all the old data =/

The database seems to be orginized totally differently.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=685225&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
ImageImage

Ved
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: I sleep in a drawer

Postby Ved » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:31 am

I'm afraid. Hold me!
Why are pirates pirates?
They just AAAARRRRRR!

Return to “Guest Forum”