Miss old school Galaxies?

Discuss the Star Wars MMORPG.
PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Miss old school Galaxies?

Postby PopnFresh » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:03 am

http://www.swgemu.com/

This is a project that is basically Galaxies before the major overhauls. After Jump to Lightspeed, but before the Combat Upgrade, and way before the NGE. From what I understand, they have most of the features implemented, though some things (like vehicles) are still only on their internal development server.

We had it running at work briefly yesterday, and the skill tree brought back fond feelings. Seriously, I almost wanted to play again if it wasn't for the constant nagging memories of how barren the worlds were and how unfun the game itself was. But I love the whole skill tree concept of leveling things by actually doing them, and players having the ability to teach things like skills and languages.
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Sidonia
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Custom Rank: Donner of the Robe and Hat
Location: A world of my own... but it's ok, they know me here

Re: Miss old school Galaxies?

Postby Sidonia » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:06 pm

I was under the impression this got shit canned by Lucas Arts.. I guess not.. nice to see they're still working on it but I don't think I'd ever have the time to go back and play it again..

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Re: Miss old school Galaxies?

Postby PopnFresh » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Yeah, on that note, I'm not sure how long this will be around. Word on the grapevine is that SOE actually doesn't really care, but there's a reason why we had it loaded up at work. But so far, no one around here seems to have their panties in a bunch about this.
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Return to “Star Wars: Galaxies”