Funny new swg changes

Discuss the Star Wars MMORPG.
Ved
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: I sleep in a drawer

Funny new swg changes

Postby Ved » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:42 pm

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=nge_discussion&message.id=786

They basically gutted their entire class system and combat system and put a new one in. A lot of the class stuff smacks of trying to rip off of world of warcraft's success by framing their game as the "star wars wow" The combat stuff is ripping off planetside. swg combat has always sucked so I can't see how this wouldn't be an improvement but its still a movement system WHERE YOU CAN'T EVEN JUMP.
Why are pirates pirates?
They just AAAARRRRRR!

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:54 am

Lol oddly enough this is the game I went to after WoW and CoH ...

Just passes the time til I find something I can truly love. :popnfresh:

I played about a month after release and combat sucked bad. Really really bad. After coming back and trying it out for a month or so, combat still sucks but I have more fun with it than before. Now it seems they will be making it "twitch" based, like a fps. I can handle that especially if they can remove the clunkiness from combat and as long as they can make it work in PvE.

Condensing the classes is kind of a bummer for me. I am currently working on Commando and smuggler. Almost master commando and just a little into smuggler. Now they will be seperate classes and I like them both... what to choose? =/

Oh well. I generally look forward to most changes in a game. Makes it new again and thats cool with me. Plus its only an extra 6 bucks on my station pass so I can keep all my sony games subscribed.
Bye space sword!

Return to “Star Wars: Galaxies”