Jedi Rarity

Discuss the Star Wars MMORPG.
PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Jedi Rarity

Postby PopnFresh » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:21 pm

So now that the ability to become a Jedi has been in the game for at least six months (I forget when it was introduced), I had a question for the people that still play the game: how rare are they? I read in Gamespot's JTLS review that seeing them was "relatively common." They didn't elaborate because it was just talking about game changes since launch, but is that accurate?

That seems like it would take something away from the game, if Jedi were sort of common. I agreed with the original design that said Jedi would be rare and really only reserved for the hardest of core.
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

pixleyes
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: CoH revivalist

Postby pixleyes » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:37 pm

They are far toooo common, if you assume the game devs intent to make the game between ep4&5 of the movies.

If this SWG took place between any of the prequels, i'd say its fine, but it does'nt., so yes... too common.

It make no sence to see a Jedi standing at the Coronet Starport when it was clear that at the time of ep's4+, Vader had already helped the Emperor hunt down and destroy the Jedi... So basically, the devs set up a campaign environment setting, and inevitably, buckled under the pressure of the player Jedi-wannabee whiners all in the name of maintaining subscriber numbers. Leave it to Marketing to fuck up a good plan.
Talmer Deadglow - Ultima Online/inactive
Blix Nado - Star Wars Galaxies/active
Leeluu - City of Heroes-Guardian/inactive
Doc Neutronic - City of Heroes-Freedom/active
P'aagra - Lineage II/inactive
Connery - WoW-Ner'Zuhl/inactive
Scarr - WoW-Bonechewer/inactive
OPFOR - BF1942(FH)/active
Skip - My Dull and Boring Life/inactive

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:50 am

That's really too bad. When I played, I obviously wanted to EVENTUALLY have a jedi slot, but I wanted it to be something I had to really work for, and to be honest, I wanted it to be something that a player like me (more casual than the rest of you nerds on this board) could never really obtain. They originally made it sound like unlocking a force sensitive character slot would happen at most a few times on a server. That's awesome. Their presence would mean something.
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

pixleyes
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: CoH revivalist

Postby pixleyes » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:14 am

That's exactly right (all except the nerd part buddy lol)

But its amazing what a bunch of whiners can do to a game company.
Talmer Deadglow - Ultima Online/inactive

Blix Nado - Star Wars Galaxies/active

Leeluu - City of Heroes-Guardian/inactive

Doc Neutronic - City of Heroes-Freedom/active

P'aagra - Lineage II/inactive

Connery - WoW-Ner'Zuhl/inactive

Scarr - WoW-Bonechewer/inactive

OPFOR - BF1942(FH)/active

Skip - My Dull and Boring Life/inactive

mala
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Postby mala » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:16 am

While how common they are sucks, it's virtually impossible to keep something that rare while still making it available to casual gamers like us. If it's available to the casual gamers, then it's more than available to the powergamers...I was in the same boat. They have, however, made jedi seem un-fun enough for a lot of people to want it :)

Return to “Star Wars: Galaxies”