Welcome to Vana'diel
Kline
Buccaneer
Buccaneer
Custom Rank: Champion, Do-gooder, Friend to all Mankind

An Amazing Story.....

Postby Kline » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:23 am

Hello Everyone,

I read this and wanted to share it with you all. It really made me think, and remember, why it was I travel through Vana'diel.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?f ... 691&num=95
Paladins are cute in that "I hit like a total sissy" kind of way.

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: I'm a cotton headed ninny-muggins

Postby SectsDryve » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:29 pm

I consider myself an "adventurer" still. I remember the feelings I felt when I saw new places and got to explore them. It really frustrated me that the rest of the people in my party just wanted to make camp and kill and kill until they were able to move on to the next hunting ground.

At higher levels I find myself able to go back and explore fully those places I only been to briefly, just to level. That is why I still play this game. Finding new discoveries and sharing them with others.

When I first flew an Airship - I felt so very exhilarated. And to land in a new city, Kazham, for the first time. I spent the first 30 minutes exploring the new place, ignoring PT invites until I was satisfied with my discoveries. I wished I bought a map that first time - but back then I didn't know where to get it, HA.

My driving force in the game is still the same. Learning about new areas and being familiar with them and getting their map through quest or coffer box. I leveled a White mage just so my higher level jobs could Invis and Sneak. Because I like exploring.

The new expansion is coming out. People are complaining that all it contains mainly is new areas. I think that is the perfect thing to add. New areas means new discoveries: New monsters, new NPCs, new parts of the story, new caves, new islands, new cities, new maps and new places to get experience. I cannot wait.

So many of my friends are like the guy telling that story. But they haven't realized yet that they lost their "adventurer" or at least that is what it seems to me. Higher levels are either flexing their own muscles or in a rush to get to where they were requested to go. "Hurry up, let's just get there and get this done." Be it a quest or a monster fight.

I hope the new areas in the expansion are just as beautiful or more beautiful to rekindle those fresh and new feelings of awe. Putting the "adventurer" back into players.
Elune:
Jeabus-Human Warlock, Hoshi-Night Elf Druid, Ginkobiloba-Undead Mage

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:39 pm

That's a really nice story. I though of every mmo I've played when I read it. Guilds, Linkshells, Clans... groups of people who start out together and then end up branching out. It's nice to know there is someone still left in the old house to come home too.
ImageImage

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:49 pm

Lightfeather wrote:That's a really nice story. I though of every mmo I've played when I read it. Guilds, Linkshells, Clans... groups of people who start out together and then end up branching out. It's nice to know there is someone still left in the old house to come home too.

It's also really depressing when you're the last one holding the bag.

*thinks of PSO, AO and CoH and glares at a certain someone*

I think I lost my adventurer in FFXI after almost everyone I cared to play with just shot past me in levels with second, third and advanced jobs while I struggled to get my BLM to 30.

*multiple edits because I can't type*
Last edited by Jae on Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:51 pm

Haha yea... I feel you there. He did the same thing to me in swg. Attention span of a gnat I tell ya! :rant2:
ImageImage

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:22 pm

Yea, PopNFresh just leaves all of us behind all the time. Cuz I KNOW that's who y'all are t0kin' about.

/glare
Space for Rent

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:18 pm

Nope, Popn rocks too much for that. I don't ditch anyone and am always in the games until the very end having fun with all my good chums!
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

SectsDryve
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: I'm a cotton headed ninny-muggins

Postby SectsDryve » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:23 pm

Chum, n. Chopped pieces of fish used as bait.
Elune:

Jeabus-Human Warlock, Hoshi-Night Elf Druid, Ginkobiloba-Undead Mage

Return to “Final Fantasy Online”