Another comic

Welcome to Vana'diel
PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Another comic

Postby PopnFresh » Wed May 19, 2004 1:48 am

Thanks to AppleGeeks for linking this one:

http://www.little-gamers.com/index.php?strip_id=844
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Raye
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Custom Rank: :3

Postby Raye » Wed May 19, 2004 12:29 pm

Some how I find it hard to argue with those findings...

...hmn. :?

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Wed May 19, 2004 12:42 pm

You guys actually haven't talked much about this, but I am honestly curious.

I know how we would all speculate and joke on how the player community was going to go to hell in a handbasket once the PS2 version hit.

There were a ton of morons/n00bs on before, but did it HONESTLY get much worse? I mean that would amaze me to know that it got even worse, seeing as how it was so bad in the first place... (it was always scary starting a new job cuz you were gonna have to deal with the idiots that you thankfully leveled past...)
Space for Rent

Kline
Buccaneer
Buccaneer
Custom Rank: Champion, Do-gooder, Friend to all Mankind

Postby Kline » Wed May 19, 2004 1:06 pm

Much worse. I have permanently filtered out /shouts , I have stopped lending money to ANYONE I do not game with regularly, and I stay the hell away from the n00b areas whenever possible.

If I am leveling up one of my few remaining low-level jobs, I do it with other players I know very well and we go to one of the "out of the way" zones to party.

I am even more polite to the people I currently know, and if I am fortunate enough to get invited to JP parties (which happens more for my warrior), I am always polite, helpful and cooperative (so I give a good impression of NA players).

These PS2 feebs are not the only ones to blame, of course, but things have gotten remarkably worse since they arrived.
Paladins are cute in that "I hit like a total sissy" kind of way.

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Wed May 19, 2004 1:08 pm

Seriously, while that is not unexpected, it is really really sad that it degenerated to a state worse than when I left it. I dunno if I could handle it honestly.
Space for Rent

Kline
Buccaneer
Buccaneer
Custom Rank: Champion, Do-gooder, Friend to all Mankind

Postby Kline » Wed May 19, 2004 3:18 pm

come back and find out for yourself. Those of us "oldtimers" have pretty much banded together into our own community there. We don't put up with the BS, and we talk to each other... a lot.
Paladins are cute in that "I hit like a total sissy" kind of way.

Raye
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Custom Rank: :3

Postby Raye » Wed May 19, 2004 7:56 pm

Amen, Kline. 'tis why I'm reluctant to level anything other than my main job. PS2 = wider audience. Wider audience = more room for morons in-game.

Pretty much stick to the LS, board, and friend list people. Other than that-- everyone can go somewhere.

I even ended up filtering /says 'cause I got so aggrivated.

...actually, people just kept talking crap about me. /shrug.

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Wed May 19, 2004 9:21 pm

I'm hardly surprised. Let's put this in comparison. PC gamers have had MMORPG's for quite a while and tend to be with the exception of the Leet dickheads a more mature group. Probably in the range of 18-35 on average. This is a guess, but I'm betting I'm close. PC gamers have had MMORPG's for probably close to 10 years now. Even more if you count Muds. We have had a very long time to develope proper "netiquette" so to speak. PS2 gamers have had one not so successful Everquest game. FFXI on PS2 opened a floodgate I'm certain. I'll reitterate my first point "I'm hardly surprised"
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Return to “Final Fantasy Online”