Return to Castle Ravenloft

Who is your daddy and what does he do? He plays AD&D and Cthulu!
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Return to Castle Ravenloft

Postby Marcallo » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:37 am

I picked this up yesterday and it's really fantastic. Very well written revival of an old classic. Hasbro doesn't let Wizards get away with much in the Ravenloft setting anymore, but i'ts definately a fine product and worth every cent. Thumbs Up to another fine wizard product. That's 2 books out this year I recommend, "The Book of Nine Swords", and this one. Not bad out of oh say 12 year that I buy..... LOL
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

skuppy
The Magic Man
The Magic Man
Games: WoW, Rock Band 2, Fallout 3

Postby skuppy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:38 pm

We just introduced Book of Nine Swords into our group and the DM wanted to test some of the classes out before he gave the go ahead for player use. We went up against a few classes that were a level higher and they probably would have wiped the party out if not for the druids grapple tactics.

I'd love to do another Ravenloft campaign, I'm surprised it has taken them this long to bring it back to D&D.

WeI've also gotten some great use out of the Player's Handbook II. The expanded feats are popular and I really like that official rules are in place to re-spec characters. To many times have I wanted to swap a feat or spell and have the DM say 'too bad, you can't change that so you're just going to have to live with it.'
This space for rent.

Return to “Ye Olde Roleplaying Forum”