Damn I'm old school..

Who is your daddy and what does he do? He plays AD&D and Cthulu!
Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Damn I'm old school..

Postby Sord » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:35 am

..but not too old. I started playing when I was pretty young, 12 or so. I played with several friends during lunch at school and on the weekends and generally any other time we could manage. We all played 2nd edition and thats what I've known and loved. I see some of the 3rd edition and beyond stuff and I think to myself holy crap I've been out of touch. Even some of my video games were using the new ruleset. Icewind Dale and Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor come to mind(Forgotten Realms was the best). I kept saying to myself "wtf is this? how in the hell does this work? what happened to thac0? I thought lower AC was better?" Times change I guess. My new love was playing World of Darkness which includes Vampire the Masquerade, Mage the Ascension, Werewolf the Apocolypse and all the rest. Even those are going through changes now. I haven't had the chance to roleplay for a long time, with my schedule being all messed and my friends moving away.

I miss my roleplaying :(
Bye space sword!

Niralica
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: No Da!

Postby Niralica » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:16 am

I miss it too. :( Used to have some really fun Vampire games until I moved away, and it seems to hard to find roleplayers. We were doing D&D for a while with some friends when we were in OK (Nil and Ein, just for Sord) but after a couple weeks Nil decided she didn't like it, and Ein wouldn't play without her. Kinda frustrating. :P Hubby hasn't really done anything outside of what I've done with him, and I just can't GM so can't even do 2 player games.

WANTED: Roleplayers to move to AZ, so I can have some roleplaying fun. :)

Tespa
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Tiny Walking Bomb

Postby Tespa » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:06 am

Heh, and here I just made a post in the game awareness forums about the Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption computer game from several years back. Have you both played it?

If not, you should. It was awesome :)

My guild name - Knights of Redemption - was based off that game. My RL friend that started it with me wanted his paladin to have a guild tabard that looked just like Christoff's tabard (the main character). Of course that didn't work out so we went with a different design... but still, the love for the game remains in the guild name at least :-P
Level 60 tiny walking bomb

Ugluk
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller
Custom Rank: Voice of Reason

Postby Ugluk » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:58 am

I recently cleaned out a closet at my dad's house that had a bunch of my crap in it. Among the trove was the rulebook for Middle-Earth Roleplaying Game, the first RPG I knew, vintage 1985. I also had the 'original' Dungeons and Dragons rulebooks, broken down by level. Red was level 1-4. Blue was 5-18ish. Green and Black were higher levels, and Gold was immortals. I even have a ruleset that predates those, given to me by a friend.

I've spent more time reading the books of RPG's than actually playing them, though.

Niralica
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: No Da!

Postby Niralica » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:27 pm

I think I have that game Tespa, but it wouldn't install on my computer so I never got to play it. (Atleast it was some type of Vampire the masquerade computer game)

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:15 pm

I played it and it was pretty fun but I couldn't get past the tremere chantry house and eventually just gave it up. If you like that game and haven't played bloodlines, I suggest you do. Its done even better imo. :)
Bye space sword!

Return to “Ye Olde Roleplaying Forum”