Read if you wanna Roleplay Part Deux

Who is your daddy and what does he do? He plays AD&D and Cthulu!
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Read if you wanna Roleplay Part Deux

Postby Marcallo » Fri May 13, 2005 3:23 pm

So I tried this a year or so ago, and it was a miserable failure due to lack of interest or perhaps lack of proper comittment. The players weren't all familiar with the ruleset being used, etc.

Now I wanna try this whole roleplaying thing again and I'd love to run a new online game. My problem is that not everyone is familiar with AD&D 3.5 and even less are familiar with the otehr roleplaying systems out there. I can't run a game without a ruleset like I think feather suggested because there has to be some sort of system in place governing how things work. You cant play a wizard and say "I cast a great fire spell". Well you can but it would be a logistic nightmare.

So I'm looking for ideas on how I can run an online game for the people on this board who are interested. ALSO if you happen tow ant to play and you ARE familiar with AD&D 3.5 rules and we have enough people who can commit to playing and can post at least every other day with some regularity I'll do it that way. So what do you guys think?

P.S. - I already have an adventure hook in mind for a game I was going to run in real life that might translate well to an online game as it involves a lot of roleplaying and not so much dice throwing.[/code]
Last edited by Marcallo on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

dcazman
Captain
Captain
Custom Rank: Master of the obvious.
Games: PS4 games

Postby dcazman » Fri May 13, 2005 4:18 pm

I recently found a program very MUD like that had some ascii art inculded that I was going to show you. My review of it was that it would be perfect to DM threw and can handle small scale up to large scale war. I will link it here for review next week since hotmail is blocked while I am at work I cannot link it now.
This space for rent , playing DOW and games on the PS3

Niralica
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: No Da!

Postby Niralica » Fri May 13, 2005 4:33 pm

Ooh Ooh Ooh! I'll play again. :) I think I still have the books somewhere in a box, I'll have to dig em out. :) Don't have any ideas though so. *shrug*

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Fri May 13, 2005 5:44 pm

That's cool Dan, and I wanna see it, but what I wanna do is more of a Play by Message board style game where people play via their posts, just trying to see if enough people are interested this time around.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Paladin at heart

Postby Railgun » Mon May 16, 2005 9:33 am

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org ... /home.html

That link should help with 3.5 rules.
Nornagest, 50 Healer, <Myth> Midgard/Merlin - DAoC
MidnightBlade, Natural Scrapper (Broadsword/Regen) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :qt:
Railgun, Technology Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :snipersmile:
Nornagest, 58 Cleric, Rodcet Nife - EQ
Whittier: "For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'it might have been"

Tamayo
Captain
Captain

Postby Tamayo » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:49 am

Hmmm, I just stumbled across this now, did this online D&D ever get started? Gimme some info! :O
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:55 pm

It got started, but really didn't work. Some people (*cough* me included *cough*) weren't committed enough to do things consistently and it just sort of fell through really early on. I doubt Marc would be willing to deal with the headache again, but maybe if he knew for a fact that everyone who signed up knew how to RP and that they were committed fo' sho'...
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Tamayo
Captain
Captain

Postby Tamayo » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:25 pm

Aw, that sucks. I've been trying to do online RPGs for a long time, but it ends up never working out.

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Lithwolf
Midshipman
Midshipman
Games: WoW, War

Postby Lithwolf » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:34 pm

I remember seeing some really excellent and graphical online play turn-based multiple-ruleset software package. Too bad I don't remember what it was.

Return to “Ye Olde Roleplaying Forum”