I challenge YOU!

Who is your daddy and what does he do? He plays AD&D and Cthulu!
Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Paladin at heart

I challenge YOU!

Postby Railgun » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:52 pm

DM Challenge: A single 9th level character (no multi-classing, no prestige classes) against a single CR 9 monster. Core 3.5 rules (DMG, PHB, MM only). Twenty-eight ( 28 ) point buy for stats (1 point cost up to 14, 2 point cost up to 16, 3 point cost up 18. Race bonuses after buy.) Thirty-six thousand (36,000) gp equipment buy.

Who's up for the challenge?
Nornagest, 50 Healer, <Myth> Midgard/Merlin - DAoC
MidnightBlade, Natural Scrapper (Broadsword/Regen) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :qt:
Railgun, Technology Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :snipersmile:
Nornagest, 58 Cleric, Rodcet Nife - EQ
Whittier: "For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'it might have been"

Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Railgun » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:15 am

No one is up for the challenge? :?

MidnightBlade, Natural Scrapper (Broadsword/Regen) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :qt:

Railgun, Technology Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :snipersmile:

Whittier: "For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'it might have been"

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:28 am

I'm up for it, and hopefuilly at some point I'll have time to generate something. I'm thinking a warrior or a Wizard. What's the reason for no Prestige class though? Also are you taking ECL into account? Like if I wanted to make an Assimar sorcerer would I need to apply the +1 ECL? I KNOW with Prestige class I could beat you. :)
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Railgun » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:57 am

Sorry Marcallo, no Assimars. I'm doing a Core 3.5 challenge so only things from the DM, Players Handbook and Monster Manual.

I have a campaign going right now and weI've argued about balance for over a year. I personally think that the fighter is weak (ie. feats don't scale very well) while the divine casters are the 'power' classes (they buff, can do damage and can heal) and that the arcane casters are in the middle.

Hopefully I'll do this over a period of time and do a challenge of several classes and see how they stack up against each other. I'll try to use an apt mob to fight in each challenge.

You do have my curiosity up, what PrC do you think is 'da bomb'?

Tiamath
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Satan's Younger, Hotter Brother

Postby Tiamath » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:55 pm

....wha?
GNARLY BRA?!!

Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Railgun » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:06 am

Tiamath wrote:....wha?

What?

I would like to run a 3.5 Core Challenge.

Some more specifics would be average dice (9th fighter would have 9 * 5.5 hps = 49.5, round down to 49), we'll use an on-line random die roller.

If you have a specific question I'll be more than happy to answer it.

Primera
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Postby Primera » Thu May 12, 2005 6:28 pm

Well really... there are classes that can solo in D&D much better than others (ie. Clerics and Wizards) But in reality I think of D&D much like FFXI. It's a so much more fun to party together and get things done that way. Straight rouges are nearly useless but in a party they are nearly unstoppable. But if your looking for solo classes there it is very biased as to what classes are actually useful.

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Thu May 12, 2005 6:50 pm

I still say a Properly prepared Prestige Archmage can destroy ANYTHING that is thrown at it. I imagine an Epic priest of some specific god could do the same but without nearly as much style.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Return to “Ye Olde Roleplaying Forum”