Savage Species feat ?s

Who is your daddy and what does he do? He plays AD&D and Cthulu!
Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Paladin at heart

Savage Species feat ?s

Postby Railgun » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:53 am

Can anyone point me to a FAQ for Savage Species feats?

My particular question specifically deals with the 'Roll With It [General]' feat.

Benefit: You gain damage reduction 2/-. This applies in addition to any damage reduction you have from other sources. Damage reduction cannot reduce damage you take to less than 0.

Special: You may take this feat multiple times.

Can a 12th level barbarian, who already has damage reduction 2/-, take this feat? Could any one take this feat multiple times and there by have damage reduction 10/-?

What really throws me is that the feat says you 'gain' damage reduction and the special says you may take this feat multiple times. But if you already have damage reduction you add to your damage reduction not gain damage reduction. If you take this feat the first time and don't have damage reduction I can see that you 'gain' damage reduction but afterwards you would 'add to' or 'improve' your damage reduction.

:?
Nornagest, 50 Healer, <Myth> Midgard/Merlin - DAoC
MidnightBlade, Natural Scrapper (Broadsword/Regen) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :qt:
Railgun, Technology Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :snipersmile:
Nornagest, 58 Cleric, Rodcet Nife - EQ
Whittier: "For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'it might have been"

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:44 pm

I JUST got in from a very long day. I would say it's a DM's call on something like that off the top of my head. However I will search for some Eratta tomorrow when I have a chance and make a "final ruling" such as it were on how I would handle it and how I think it was meant to be handled.

Also I don't own savage species, so tomorrow I'll take a look if I visit my friend at his Game Store.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Paladin at heart

Postby Railgun » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:51 am

I found the Savage Species FAQ. It's buried in the middle of the Main 3.5 FAQ.

I've decided to get my players the benefit and let it stack. If he wants to spend 5 feats and get 10/- damage it's his choice. It won't help him against that Fireball or Lightning Bolt!

Muahhahahaha!

ahem ... ah, excuse me got a little excited there. Anyhow I would still like to hear anyone's opinion.
Nornagest, 50 Healer, <Myth> Midgard/Merlin - DAoC

MidnightBlade, Natural Scrapper (Broadsword/Regen) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :qt:

Railgun, Technology Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :snipersmile:

Nornagest, 58 Cleric, Rodcet Nife - EQ

Whittier: "For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'it might have been"

Return to “Ye Olde Roleplaying Forum”