Mechwarrior:Falcons Prey

Who is your daddy and what does he do? He plays AD&D and Cthulu!
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Mechwarrior:Falcons Prey

Postby Marcallo » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:03 am

So this expansion is launching today and I have a case on reserve that I'm splitting with a friend. From what I've seen of it so far it should be pretty good. Though I'm a little miffed that my favorite factions, Spirit Cats and Steel Wolves are a bit under represented. However my frien dthat plays Raiders is REALLY miffed. His faction is COMPLETELY missing from the new set. So it's not all that bad. And some of the clan Jade Falcon stuff LOOKS really sweet. So hopefully my 180 dollar investment will pay off.

THe nice part about buyin ga full case with someone is your gaurenteed a certain amount of rares and LE's and uniques.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Ved
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: I sleep in a drawer

Postby Ved » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:12 am

$180? Holy shit, does it include a bunch of minatures at least?
Why are pirates pirates?
They just AAAARRRRRR!

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:20 am

For 180 dollars I will get get 24 packs, and my friend will get 24 packs. That's a total of 360 dollars. That will give us 48 mechs, 48 vehicles, and 96 infantry to divy up. Stuff comes all pre-painted and has these fancy click things on the bottom. You can check it out at whizkidsgames.com I think.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:52 am

So fancy that they're produced by Whiz Kids Games! The Cordon Bleu of miniatures!
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:03 am

I dunno, Whiz Kids used to be MUCH better, but then I think Topps bought them out. THeir last few games have been dismal failures. Especially that Major League Baseball Clix game.

Pirates of the Spanish Coast sold rather well, BUT I think it's ONLY because they didn't make enough of it and now everyone wants it. That won't ship again till September.

But these Mechsa re very well made, and mage knight is a great game also. So I give them props on not fucking up the already tried and true formulas.

Return to “Ye Olde Roleplaying Forum”