Ahh Religious Zealots....

Who is your daddy and what does he do? He plays AD&D and Cthulu!
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Ahh Religious Zealots....

Postby Marcallo » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:01 pm

This is a funny article to me. I hate religous whackjobs and right wing extremests. This guy wrote this article in the 80s it seems, but there is a followup one from recently in there as well. Feel free to send him a "constructive" email. LOL

http://www.chick.com/articles/dnd.asp
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Thiassi
Bilge Water
Bilge Water

Postby Thiassi » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:13 am

Lol, that's hilarious!. :lol:

If you are not a Christian, then you are REALLY playing with fire

Oh how funny that sentance is!. :lol:

Eggnog
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Eggnog » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:28 am

Hmm. I'd like to see someone take a survey of 25-35 year old males, including 1000 of the most dangerous, violent criminals and 1000 successful people with no criminal record at all and see which group played more D&D in their teens.
This space for rent.

Tiamath
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Satan's Younger, Hotter Brother

Postby Tiamath » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:50 pm

Seriously. I respect people who are religious but this is just OVER the top. I mean, I'm very religious; but this is just absurd, and my religion (I don't even think Christianity does this either) doesn't tell me to run around trying to exorcise everyone :P
GNARLY BRA?!!

Ugluk
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller
Custom Rank: Voice of Reason

Postby Ugluk » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:08 am

On top of that, the second issue is that the materials themselves, in many cases, contain authentic magical rituals. I can tell you this from my own experience. I was a witch high priest (Alexandrian tradition) during the period 1973-84. During some of that period (1976-80) I was also involved in hardcore Satanism. We studied and practiced and trained more than 175 people in the Craft. Our "covendom" was in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; just a short drive away from the world headquarters of TSR, the company which makes Dungeons and Dragons in Lake Geneva, WI. In the late 1970's, a couple of the game writers actually came to my wife and I as prominent "sorcerers" in the community. They wanted to make certain the rituals were authentic. For the most part, they are.

He isn't joking. I used to cast Web a lot as a kid. I saved my ass from bullies plenty of times, which is important for scrawny wimps who play D&D.

This guy is really recruiting more for his "covendom" with this thinly disguised article. He is calling upon non-christians to seek him out, just as the game writers did, to learn authentic sorcery. It is really too bad the information is already widely distributed in the form of roleplaying games. He got ripped off by TSR.

Primera
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Postby Primera » Thu May 12, 2005 6:44 pm

One quick though... they found 10 or 12 people killed and "linked" it to Dungeons and Dragons.... how many MILLIONS have died in the name of "God"?

Thats just the tip of the iceburg.

Return to “Ye Olde Roleplaying Forum”