Adventures in Z'Dar

Who is your daddy and what does he do? He plays AD&D and Cthulu!
User avatar
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 7629
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:08 pm
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Adventures in Z'Dar

Postby Marcallo » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:05 pm

ONLY THE PLAYERS OF THIS GAME MAY POST HERE, ALL OTHERS WILL BE DELETED PROMPTLY


[rpg]Dale, a land of great peace and prosperity, or at least it has been for five years now. Sure Zane is still off to the east waiting for a chance to pounce, but the great gods have not seen fit for that to happen recently, and all the attacks of the past have all but stopped.

The Redman Inn is very comfortable, while modest and affordable it offers many fineries to those that can afford it as well. A large explosion has just been heard in the street outside. Definitely more then the firebangs of celebration. Men can clearly be heard screaming in pain as their lives come to a charred end. Horse hooves thunder and a strong voice is yelling stop.

The noisy inn has become completely silent, suddenly the door opens and a man in Leather Armor with some soot on his face staggers through. "My Name is Jeremy he yells, and I need help.....â€￾ Anyone who is looking will clearly see a golden chain around his neck and he does still carry a sword at one hip with a dagger strapped to his not so fine boots. He has a large scar on his face just under his right eye.[/rpg]


/DM Anyone is free to state their actions based upon what I sent you in PM, one at a time, and only one post. If it requires action and answer from me I will post it within your message for continuity, so check back often if you are playing the game. 3.5 rules apply, and we are not in a combat situation as of yet.
Last edited by Marcallo on Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

User avatar
PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 6580
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:50 am
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.
Location: Sunny-ass Northern CA

Postby PopnFresh » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:57 pm

[rpg]Hayate enters the Redman Inn, after witnessing the commotion outside. Normally aggrivated when his night time reflection is interrupted, the scene he saw tickled his curiosity enough to outweigh the annoyance. He notices the tense silence in the air as he enters, but no one really pays heed to a monk dressed in typical clothing. Taking advantage of everyone being too distracted to truly pay him notice, he slips off to the side and sits down in one of the Inn's many chairs, interested to see what happens next with this man that seems to have just narrowly escaped death. [/rpg]
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

User avatar
Niralica
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:10 pm
Custom Rank: No Da!
Location: AZ

Postby Niralica » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:26 pm

[rpg]Niralica looks up from her book and glances at the door. She momentarily ponders what foolishness the man was doing to invoke the wrath of a fellow wizard. Not wanting to get mixed up in anything, she looks back to her book and continues to sip her wine.[/rpg]
Image
Image

User avatar
Ved
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:03 am
Custom Rank: I sleep in a drawer
Location: Oregon

Postby Ved » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:20 pm

[rpg]
No doubt about it, there was trouble. But the old man used to say trouble and opportunity would come hand in hand. Maybe this was the big break Dent had been waiting for. Besides a quick glance at the man's neck showed gold so there was some kind of profit to be made. He considered it rather unlikely though, that Jeremy would get the kind of "help" he was looking for.

Palming two half empty mugs of ale from under the noses of a couple distracted patrons Dent quickly steps in front of the newcomer and motions him towards a seat at an empty table. Dent sets the two mugs across from each other and sits back on the chair facing the front door. "Lookin a mite parched ser" Dent says. "Take a seat, tell yer troubles" As he reaches the word troubles Dent jerks his head at the door the man just entered.

Leaning his chair back on two legs and bringing the mug of ale up to his lips Dent peers at the man from under the brim of his hat. Hopefully the man wasn't noticing the fact that he was mentally adding up the value of all of Jeremy's visible possessions.

[/rpg]

ooc: Hope this is good not quite sure what format is exactly right. Or if I should pm you or what since I made a couple assumptions.
Why are pirates pirates?
They just AAAARRRRRR!

User avatar
Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:05 am
Custom Rank: Paladin at heart
Location: Columbia Falls, MT

Postby Railgun » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:31 am

[rpg]Resting one hand on the pommel of my long sword I move towards Jeremy and in an attention-getting volume I speak out "Jeremy I don't think the wizard or the King's Guard is finished with you. Let me help you outside friend."[/rpg]
Nornagest, 50 Healer, <Myth> Midgard/Merlin - DAoC
MidnightBlade, Natural Scrapper (Broadsword/Regen) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :qt:
Railgun, Technology Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :snipersmile:
Nornagest, 58 Cleric, Rodcet Nife - EQ
Whittier: "For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'it might have been"

User avatar
blingwolf
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 12:33 pm
Custom Rank: Find the kitty!
Games: WoW

Postby blingwolf » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:46 am

[rpg]Silaqui takes a steady sip from her ale, tosses a glance towards the maniac who burst through the still-swinging doors, and studies him from her seat at the far right end of the bar. She weighs the consequences of a reaction in her mind, and decides that it would be considerably unwise to help this man to resolve a problem that doesn't involve her in the slightest. The ale slides down her throat as she turns away, ignoring the man's plea and attempts to resume her previous conversation with the barkeep. [/rpg]

/edit: ooc: Please give me a couple of days before I post again *violent cough*
___________________________________

Image

User avatar
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 7629
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:08 pm
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:38 pm

[rpg]Upon Seeing Beowulf approaching threateningly the man who calls himself Jeremy draws his Long Sword from it's scabbard. He says "I wish no fight from any of you, indeed I only seek help. I can pay, I just need to hole up here for the night, and then I will pay any mercenary brave enough to escort me out of here."

Two shady looking men who were previously sitting in the corner walk over to Jeremy and ask him how much, upon hearing a figure of 10 gold a piece they draw Short swords and one says, "I'll help this man and I advise the rest of you to go back to your drinks, cause noone is leaving here for just a little while"

[/rpg]
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

User avatar
Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:05 am
Custom Rank: Paladin at heart
Location: Columbia Falls, MT

Postby Railgun » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:04 pm

[rpg]For a moment I stare hard at each of the shady fellows.

"I have three things to say to the two you. First, have you seen the gleam of his gold. Second, do you value you lives so little that you would give them up for 10 gold. It would be a shame to see your life's blood flow upon the floor before you even have a chance to spend your 10 gold. Lastly, I'll cleave you in twain if you think you'll bar my way and tell me what to do.

Trock knows I've been itching for a good fight. Are you two going to oblige me?"

I draw steel and shield and smile a wolfish grin.[/rpg]



/ooc I'll use my BAB of 1 in Combat Expertise (feat).
Nornagest, 50 Healer, <Myth> Midgard/Merlin - DAoC

MidnightBlade, Natural Scrapper (Broadsword/Regen) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :qt:

Railgun, Technology Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :snipersmile:

Nornagest, 58 Cleric, Rodcet Nife - EQ

Whittier: "For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'it might have been"

User avatar
Niralica
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:10 pm
Custom Rank: No Da!
Location: AZ

Postby Niralica » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:02 pm

[rpg]Niralica slams her book down on the table. "This is absurd, what do you mean noone is going anywhere! The man asked for a place to stay, and an escort out of town, I fail to see how that has anything to do with the rest of us."[/rpg]
Image
Image

User avatar
PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 6580
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:50 am
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.
Location: Sunny-ass Northern CA

Postby PopnFresh » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:56 am

[rpg]Hayate slowly rises from his chair, but doesn't make any other sudden movements. He still is intent on simply observing a situation that's getting more interesting by the second, but he wants to be ready to jump in if things continue to take a turn towards the violent.[/rpg]
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

User avatar
Ved
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:03 am
Custom Rank: I sleep in a drawer
Location: Oregon

Postby Ved » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:40 am

[rpg]There was definitely money involved here, now it just remained to be seen which way the cards were going to fall. Rolling his eyes at the posturing, Dent sets down his mug and casually draws the cheap dagger at his belt. Sneering at the elf girl he begins cleaning the ever present dirt from under his nails. Finally chuckling softly he says "Outta the pan into the fire, hey?" to no one in particular.
[/rpg]
Why are pirates pirates?
They just AAAARRRRRR!

User avatar
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 7629
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:08 pm
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:30 pm

[rpg]Looking almost eagerly around the room the larger of the two men says, "I advise ye' highly to sit yer smelly arse down next to yer friend with the loud mouth" (He's obviously speaking about Dent) "Ain't noone goin nowhere till we gets dis mess sorta'd out. One way another me friend and I are gonna gets paid, now put your damn sword away or I'll put mine through you"

It is noticed by any paying attention that the barkeep and his barmaids while not working have not gone to fetch help. Either this sort of thing happens all the time and they know better then to get involved or they are just too scared to move. [/rpg]
Last edited by Marcallo on Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

User avatar
blingwolf
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 12:33 pm
Custom Rank: Find the kitty!
Games: WoW

Postby blingwolf » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:51 pm

[rpg]Silaqui spits at the barkeep, "You should do something, you know, what kind of place are you trying to run here?" She takes a final swig of her ale and eyeballs the infuriating toads that are asking for payment. She coughs to get attention, and speaks smoothly to the larger of the men, "Excuse me dear sir, no one has threatened either of you in any way, you have us quiet and seated, and no one is making a break for the door. You'll get your payment, I'm sure we're all in agreement that you don't want to get it the hard way. You're in a room full of people against you, some of whom can surely kill you with little effort. Choose your words wisely sir, we'll oblige you if you oblige us." [/rpg]
___________________________________

Image

User avatar
Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:05 am
Custom Rank: Paladin at heart
Location: Columbia Falls, MT

Postby Railgun » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:20 am

[rpg]I burst out in a hardy laugh.

"The sheep doesn't tell the wolf what to do. Sheath your swords and I'll sheath mine, you have until I reach you to do it. Leaf will answer your prayers and you'll live in health if you do. Otherwise your blood will flow like sheep at the slaughter."[/rpg]

/ooc - I advance to melee range. I will try to keep both the shady fellows in front of me.
Last edited by Railgun on Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nornagest, 50 Healer, <Myth> Midgard/Merlin - DAoC

MidnightBlade, Natural Scrapper (Broadsword/Regen) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :qt:

Railgun, Technology Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :snipersmile:

Nornagest, 58 Cleric, Rodcet Nife - EQ

Whittier: "For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'it might have been"

User avatar
Niralica
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:10 pm
Custom Rank: No Da!
Location: AZ

Postby Niralica » Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:17 pm

[rpg]Niralica glares at the men, but says nothing.[/rpg]
Image
Image

User avatar
PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 6580
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:50 am
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.
Location: Sunny-ass Northern CA

Postby PopnFresh » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:01 pm

[rpg]Hayate slowly walks in front of the door of the Inn and places his back to it. He doesn't actually set himself ready for combat, as he's still uninvolved with the quarrel. However, he also wants to see this situation actually get resolved without anybody running. Whether that means he can stay a spectator or not remains to be seen, but he won't let cowardice take over here.[/rpg]
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

User avatar
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 7629
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:08 pm
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:39 pm

[rpg]The man who spoke previously says, "And now it has come time for you to face your own death, this WILL be fun. He takes an ATTACK at Beowulf as he advances. (This is not an AOO but he did win Initiative) His clumsy swing is easily deflected. The other man protecting the one known as Jeremy tries his luck as well. He strikes with a SHORTSWORD and scores a SUPERFICIAL hit on Beowulf.

Over the clamer of the Melee a Hawk can be heard screeching just outside the window. There aren't many Hawks in this area that any of you know of....... Jeremy speaks, "No, this cannot be, Hurry you fools, finish him and let's be gone, we must flee this place and this town before he finds me."[/rpg]

COMBAT INITIATIVE

NPC1
NPC2
Beowulf
Dent
Niralica
Sililquay
Hyate

/edit EVEN if you choose not to attack you MUST state an action be it a hold, a ready, or a pass and guard. I prefer to keep it in order, but since the NPC's won initiative I guess it doesnt matter.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

User avatar
PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 6580
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:50 am
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.
Location: Sunny-ass Northern CA

Postby PopnFresh » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:16 pm

Just gonna post now since I'm here and know what I wanna do. Better early than late...

[rpg]Hayate HOLDs his position in front of the door, as the attention of the armed men are obviously not focused upon him.[/rpg]
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

User avatar
Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:05 am
Custom Rank: Paladin at heart
Location: Columbia Falls, MT

Postby Railgun » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:23 am

[rpg]I yell out a battle cry to Trock and swing my long sword (SA - AB +4, Long Sword 1d8+3, 19-20/x2) on the shady fellow who I've been talking to.[/rpg]


/DMEDIT You score a Hit and are glad to see the mans blood start to flow. He is still able to fight however.


/ooc I am initiative +7 and have an AC of 20.
Nornagest, 50 Healer, <Myth> Midgard/Merlin - DAoC

MidnightBlade, Natural Scrapper (Broadsword/Regen) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :qt:

Railgun, Technology Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :snipersmile:

Nornagest, 58 Cleric, Rodcet Nife - EQ

Whittier: "For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'it might have been"

User avatar
blingwolf
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 12:33 pm
Custom Rank: Find the kitty!
Games: WoW

Postby blingwolf » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:47 am

[rpg]Men are always making things difficult, Silaqui puffs to herself. She sighs deeply and rushes away from the bar, (MA) but still maintains a solid 10 ft. away from the bloodfest. She raises her arms with much relish and concentrates on casting the lot of the unruly bunch to a sudden slumber. (SA- cast spell: SLEEP save DC:14 1d4)[/rpg]
___________________________________

Image

User avatar
Niralica
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:10 pm
Custom Rank: No Da!
Location: AZ

Postby Niralica » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:25 am

[rpg]Niralica thinks to herself that she might have been better off staying back in her forest. Humans are so quick to draw their weapons. But this isn't her fight, so she calmly steps back to the far corner to stay out of the way. [/rpg]
Image
Image

User avatar
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 7629
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:08 pm
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:48 am

[rpg]Jeremy exclaims "The Elven whore is using magic, the other one reeks of it as well, take them both down when your done with this sod."[/rpg]

/spellresults Blings spell seems to have no effect on either Jeremy or the second warrior, however the one Beowulf was fighting seems to have fallen into a deep slumber.

Hayate, you feel a little fatigued for a moment but shake off the effects of the spell. You don't think it was aimed at you.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

User avatar
Niralica
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:10 pm
Custom Rank: No Da!
Location: AZ

Postby Niralica » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:02 pm

[rpg]Niralica growls under her breath, digs in her spellpouch for some wool and begins to cast a spell[/rpg] /edit I'll assume you move into range whatever that is.

/ooc Casting Daze on the non sleeping Thug.


/dmedit I looked up your character sheet, but if you can Post the DC saves for your spells when you cast them I'd appreciate it.


/spell Result, The Thug shakes his head for a second and seems to stare off into a daze.
Image
Image

User avatar
Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:05 am
Custom Rank: Paladin at heart
Location: Columbia Falls, MT

Postby Railgun » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:38 pm

/DMEDIT OUT OF TURN!!!!!


Sorry, gotta wait for the next round a couple players haven't gone yet.


Edit: Ow, I got my hand slapped. :P
Nornagest, 50 Healer, <Myth> Midgard/Merlin - DAoC

MidnightBlade, Natural Scrapper (Broadsword/Regen) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :qt:

Railgun, Technology Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :snipersmile:

Nornagest, 58 Cleric, Rodcet Nife - EQ

Whittier: "For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'it might have been"

User avatar
Ved
Brew Master
Brew Master
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:03 am
Custom Rank: I sleep in a drawer
Location: Oregon

Postby Ved » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:53 am

ooc: sorry I been out of town, bad ved!

[rpg]Dent slips out of his chair under his table shifting his dagger to his left hand and attempts to disappear from sight. He is slowly manuvering on the floor to get behind Jeremy and closer to the door. Hide = 8 Move Silently = 8
[/rpg]
Why are pirates pirates?
They just AAAARRRRRR!


Return to “Ye Olde Roleplaying Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests