Rules of Character Creation

Who is your daddy and what does he do? He plays AD&D and Cthulu!
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Rules of Character Creation

Postby Marcallo » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:16 pm

Character Creation

Races: All Races listed in the Players Handbook and the Various Forgotten Realms guides will be allowed with ECL's in place and in effect. Monstrous races with few exceptions will not be permitted.

Classes: Any class that is available in the Players Handbook and the Forgotten Realms guides will be allowed. Try and remember however that the party will need to be fairly well balanced to survive.
Alignment: Good or Neutral, any axis thereof.

Level: All Characters will begin at level 1.

Ability Points: Your character begins with all abilities at 10 and you are given 28 points to spend on raising your abilities. Abilities cost one point to raise for each score up to 14, two points for scores 15 and 16, and three points for scores 17 and 18.

*You take racial attributes into account AFTER creating your stats. When you show your character just make a note of the originals with the points for my benefit of mathematics.

For Example:

Str: 10 + 14 = 18
Dex: 10 + 4 = 14
Con: 10 + 8 = 16
Wis: 10
Int: 10
Chr: 10 + 2 = 12

So this character would have 18,14,16,10,10,12 to distribute to it's various slots. This is an above average character. Use points wisely. And remember that every 4 levels you get a free stat point.

FEATS: Anything you like here, just keep it useful and in line with how you want to play your character.

Skill Points: Just follow the rules and if you want something fancy let me know and 'll approve or not.

Starting Equipment: Standard rules here, I may give some boons to a well written background or an interesting character.

Languages: You get Common + Racial + INT_MOD in languages. Try and make the languages you choose make sense please.

History: This is what it's all about, right? Role-playing and making your character everything you want it to be. I would LIKE 2 things from every player. A detailed history a couple pages in length telling me some things about your character, some traits maybe a past adventure on where he learned some of his skills. I want something to give me an idea of what to expect from your character and how I can expect you as a player to think of your character.

*Just as a note, if you obviously put fourth some effort on this section I may be inclined to award some sort of a bonus. Possibly a bonus regional feat, a piece of customized equipment, a skill point, anything of my choosing, at my discretion. It's a cool concept, have fun, get rewarded.

More Questions?: Got something in particular you want to see or a rule you want me to add or use. Feel free to ask, 'm plenty open to suggestions and I can hardly think of everything at once. This is a GUIDE and is for some parts not entirely set in stone.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Paladin at heart

Postby Railgun » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:33 am

One quick question: Do we start with max hit points at first level?
Nornagest, 50 Healer, <Myth> Midgard/Merlin - DAoC
MidnightBlade, Natural Scrapper (Broadsword/Regen) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :qt:
Railgun, Technology Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :snipersmile:
Nornagest, 58 Cleric, Rodcet Nife - EQ
Whittier: "For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'it might have been"

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:31 am

Max hit points at all levels. That way I can use better NPC's and more powerful monsters. :)
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Railgun
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Paladin at heart

Postby Railgun » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:42 am

Max hit points at all levels? umm your scaring me now. eek!
Nornagest, 50 Healer, <Myth> Midgard/Merlin - DAoC

MidnightBlade, Natural Scrapper (Broadsword/Regen) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :qt:

Railgun, Technology Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) <League of Grog> CoH/Guardian :snipersmile:

Nornagest, 58 Cleric, Rodcet Nife - EQ

Whittier: "For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'it might have been"

Return to “Ye Olde Roleplaying Forum”