Champions Online has a Publisher!

Help defend Paragon City from the forces of EBIL! (Or trash the place and cause mayhem!)
Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Champions Online has a Publisher!

Postby Munki » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:57 am

Cryptic's next MMO, Champions Online (based off the pen & paper game) now finally has a publisher, 2k games.

For those not "in the know" Cryptic sold the rights to NC Soft for CoX (I believe) and struck out on their own, to make a new Superhero MMO. I find the Champions IP to be an odd choice. It probably was dirt cheap though. However very few outside of hardcore Pen & Paper nerd circles will have even HEARD of Champions.

Regardless, the game is looking cool (Cel Shaded for a comics game works so nice) and it's cool to see that they actually have a publisher now.
Space for Rent

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:21 pm

I dabbled in Champions back in Jr. High and High School. I tend to get excited for any type of pen and paper rpg that gets turned into an MMO but I've a feeling it won't turn out the way I vision it, they never do.

I wonder what type of MMO its going to be. Like CoV and super casual, very little stats/items to have to work with or like your more traditional one with tons of gear, crafting, grinding, etc. Or maybe somewhere in the middle.

I'm always shopping for a new MMO, I'll keep tabs on this one. Thanks for the heads up :D
Bye space sword!

Return to “City of Heroes / Villains”