City of Mathematics

Help defend Paragon City from the forces of EBIL! (Or trash the place and cause mayhem!)
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

City of Mathematics

Postby Marcallo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:49 pm

Man you guys who love doing math should start playing CoX. Since they added in salvage and inventions the math required to build a "prime" character has become rediculous. Besides the old school Training Enhances, DO's and SO's you now have something called IO's which are even better, but not as good as a Set IO which is better yet and they never go red or yellow. BUT you need to assemble entire sets. All I know is I'm level 12 on my new character and I have like 250,000 influence from selling all my salvage because I don't feel like dealing with it yet. Once I do I'm told you can spend like 100 million influence building an entire character fully slotted.

That being said this game is more fun 4 years later than it was 12 issues ago. Badges, Salvage, Inventions, weapon custimizations, and tons of new zones. No more endlessly fighting Dr. Vahzilock and Clockwork King your first 12 levels. Now you can rob/save banks and hang out in the Hollows and Perez park and get missions from newspapers and police scanners. I'm having fun. Someone come join me. :D
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

skuppy
The Magic Man
The Magic Man
Games: WoW, Rock Band 2, Fallout 3

Postby skuppy » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:48 pm

What server?

I still have an account, I was going to cancel but what the hell, WoW is boring me again so I'll give it another shot.
This space for rent.

Pax
Captain
Captain
Custom Rank: Mage of Dark Desire

Postby Pax » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:08 pm

My dad plays CoH/CoV like a crack addict. He has 50's on a whole bunch of servers. I'll figure out his main server and the supergroup and maybe he can hook you up if you're wanting to start playing again. ;)

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:35 pm

skuppy wrote:What server?

I still have an account, I was going to cancel but what the hell, WoW is boring me again so I'll give it another shot.

I'm playing on Freedom with a friend of mine from Hellfire Empire. I made a new character last night. Dark Melee/Willpower Scrapper. Or as the CoX vets call it a DM/WP scrapper. Heh It's become a REALLY fun game in my opinion. Inventions and new zones galore and customized powersets and weapons is just hot.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:53 pm

It's as good a game as it ever was... but it's biggest flaw is still (sadly) there.

It is a grinding game. We reactivated around the time of the new Invention stuff, and it was pretty cool. It really did add a lot to the game. However, once we got to the low 40s, it just became a huge trek to get your next level. The bank and mayhem missions were cool, but even those started to get a little repetitve.

I love the game still. But I would get bored super quick since I had played less than 3 months ago, and burned out on the grind then.
Space for Rent

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:21 pm

I was home when the inventions patch first went live and damon was at work. I remember I had gathered some salvage and hung onto it in that packrat fashion of mine. Later that evening I checked the AH and found that some of the low level garbage salvage I had was worth like 500,000 inf each. I had quite a few! So I sold it all and made millions of inf.

By the time the launch fervor had died down, and the price had stabilized, I had millions of inf and was able to buy any of the wing patterns I wanted. I had picked a couple of them. We decked out our guild hall and I twinked my character out in a solid set of full I/O's.

And I don't know why I stopped playing. I think because Damon stopped playing. I think I missed wow. I honestly can't remember now. But I remember I had a ton of fun. I loved the Auction house even though they didn't call it an auction house and it didn't work quite like an auction house. It was more like a consignment store.
ImageImage

Kyecsrai
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Hooters gonna hoot.
Games: Your mom.

Postby Kyecsrai » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:19 pm

Munki wrote:It is a grinding game. We reactivated around the time of the new Invention stuff, and it was pretty cool. It really did add a lot to the game. However, once we got to the low 40s, it just became a huge trek to get your next level. The bank and mayhem missions were cool, but even those started to get a little repetitve.

Word. The little bit of random groups I did at that time all turned into "hey let's just run bank missions for phat xp" grind fests. It was the old "LFM wolves mish" all over again.
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:09 am

I hit level 30 last night. 3 weeks of playing just a couple hours at a clip and I managed to hit 30, have full IO's some sets, and have millions of influence on hand. I think what I love most about the game now is WentWorths, the consignment shop. I spent an hour last night just buying low and then reselling stuff high. They limit your inventory space to a couple hundred items at most if you work tight so it's hard to "dominate" the market. But some people do it.

The trick to CoX and something I think lends to its success is that AH is linked to ALL the servers. It stabilizes the economy and makes it easier to figure out what things are worth. So if your on a green server you can still find the salvage you need because of the people farming it on the heavy server load servers.

So later I'll post pictures of my characters, and if anyone wants to join me on Freedom I was just made an officer of the SG I'm in and can invite anyone I want, and the 2 main people pay 10inf/prestige point to dedicated members till you get setup. Teleporters to every zone and even though it's a small plot as soon as we have 5 million prestige it's being upgraded to a bigger plot so we can store more salvage. Also, badges are very addictive. :D

Return to “City of Heroes / Villains”