Steal Magnolias - Freedom

Help defend Paragon City from the forces of EBIL! (Or trash the place and cause mayhem!)
Vissum
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Vissum » Mon May 14, 2007 1:47 pm

Image Image EEEEEEEP!!!!!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing. --Robert E. Howard

Mhya
Buccaneer
Buccaneer
Custom Rank: Ranch Tooth
Games: WoW,WAR

Postby Mhya » Mon May 14, 2007 1:52 pm

Vissum wrote:Image Image EEEEEEEP!!!!!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

RETREAT! RETREAT!
Terribad

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Tue May 15, 2007 12:48 am

Trede wrote:We earned enough prestige over the weekend to get the upgraded power ... thingie. Now for an invention table, mission computer, ... what else?

Just wanted to address this since we have gone through the same thing. Actually just the mission computer. It isn't what it sounds. Its actually for base raids and I believe SG task forces (but mainly pvp base shit). In order to use that, you need the raid telepad and in order to use THAT you need the 3x3 teleport chamber and of course enough power and control to make all those function. There is an item you can unlock from doing something or other in SG mode, its some sort of mainframe that gives your base 100 extra control. We unlocked it kinda on accident so you may look into trying for that if you haven't unlocked it yourself on accident :) I believe its called a Supercomputer and you get it by lackeying a lot while in SG mode.
Bye space sword!

Vissum
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Vissum » Sun May 20, 2007 1:49 pm

So...we're done?

It appears that people are migrating back to WoW -- and that's cool, you should play what you want, of course. But a lot of the fun of CoV was doing the steamroller of mayhem with my peeps. So if it's become a passing fad, I'll probably just cancel my account here, too.

I'm not trying to lay a guilt trip or anything, just trying to get the lay of the land. It's no biggie either way. I can certainly find other ways to entertain myself, and as far as the gaming itch goes, I'm perfectly happy to wait for Gods & Heroes or Warhammer or whatever.
Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing. --Robert E. Howard

vrrn
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby vrrn » Sun May 20, 2007 6:13 pm

I've still been logging in, but nobody is ever on. I think we just have really bad timing.

I'm talented enough that I can do 2 MMO's simultaneously, but that's about it. :P
All my signature images were broken because Lightfeather deleted the old Grog Roster! This space for rent.

Trede
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Trede » Mon May 21, 2007 4:16 am

I do still want to see some of the powers coming up for Energy Shortage, but Taf did tell me over the weekend that he cancelled his CoV account. I'll probably play CoV as my second MMO for at least a bit, but you are right, Vissum... it's just not the same without the steamroller group. :sad:

Anyway, I got up early this morning to get my workout done and am planning to hit CoV tonight after I cook dinner.

vrrn
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby vrrn » Mon May 21, 2007 5:23 am

Just make sure you log into vent when you're playing; I'll jump on tonight with you guys too for a few missions.

Must.
get.
full.
auto.

:P
All my signature images were broken because Lightfeather deleted the old Grog Roster! This space for rent.

Trede
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Trede » Mon May 21, 2007 6:29 am

vrrn wrote:Just make sure you log into vent when you're playing; I'll jump on tonight with you guys too for a few missions.

Oh, heh... is that the trick? I've been stuck with three Elite Boss missions I can't get past without help (or the every 7 day freebie completion), so I haven't stayed in long and haven't been checking vent for CoV.

Vissum
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Vissum » Mon May 21, 2007 7:35 am

Tonight is season finale night for both 24 and Heroes, but I should be on every other night this week.

I'd love to be able to drop a Mass Confusion at least once before giving up on CoV.

Trede
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Trede » Mon May 21, 2007 7:45 am

What is that, Vissum? TeeVee? I might have heard of that once...

vrrn
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby vrrn » Mon May 21, 2007 10:55 am

Trede wrote:What is that, Vissum? TeeVee? I might have heard of that once...

st00pid tv. :P

Vissum
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Vissum » Mon May 21, 2007 1:33 pm

Trede wrote:What is that, Vissum? TeeVee? I might have heard of that once...

Heh. Videogames are fun, but they will never replace my TV addiction.

I should just kill myself now.

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Mon May 21, 2007 1:42 pm

I always download my favorite series after they air. I like to watch them in one long marathon. Fuck cliffhangers, "tune in next-weekers" and "to be continued...". I always get all pissed at the end of a show that does that to me and vow never to watch it again. FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE MY ASS! I WANT A DIVORCE!

But I always go back.

And forgot all about the hurt from the previous week.

Also, I never remember what times or days any of my favorite shows come on so I always end up missing them.

http://thepiratebay.org/tv
ImageImage

Vissum
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Vissum » Tue May 22, 2007 6:56 am

I like that technology gives people options for how to experience their entertainment, but I'm a bit old school when it comes to TV.

I like that the DVR gives me some leeway in exactly when I sit down to watch, but I still prefer to catch things the night they air when I can -- I enjoy "watercooler" talk too much.

Also, I can't watch TV/movies on the computer. I like to curl up on the couch with my wife and watch on a full-size TV (in high-def whenever possible, which is about 95% of the stuff I regularly watch now).

Trede
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Trede » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:51 am

Hey, Vissum and Vrrn:

Assuming I can get on my computer this weekend (Taf may need it for homework since mine has the Office software and printer), do you have any requests on how to spend the next infamy on the base? Or do you guys think either of you will get to it (which would be my preference since you already know how to do it)? I really want an invention workbench in there, though if there are other stuff we should get first (plot changes, more power, etc.), that's fine too. I'm just sick of hopping to Cap all the time for crafting.

Vissum
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate

Postby Vissum » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:19 pm

I tried to put in an invention workbench (because yes, that's way more convenient than running to Cap) and it wouldn't let me. I haven't had the time to figure out why yet, but I think we have to upgrade the starter room or something.

Return to “City of Heroes / Villains”