City of Villains - Justice server - Rogue Nobility

Help defend Paragon City from the forces of EBIL! (Or trash the place and cause mayhem!)
Kyecsrai
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Hooters gonna hoot.
Games: Your mom.

Postby Kyecsrai » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:09 pm

Either playing with my fruity, floppy eared night elf hunter or my fruity, floppy eared blood elf hunter. Outside of WoW I've been taking advantage of the recent addition of JSRF to the 360's backwards compatibility list. I'll probably tap into Orta next.
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.

Firebrand
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Firebrand » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:15 pm

Two hunters? Two ELF hunters? God you really are insane :p
"War makes thieves, and peace hangs them." -Niccolo Machiavelli, from the "Art of War"

Kyecsrai
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Hooters gonna hoot.
Games: Your mom.

Postby Kyecsrai » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:25 pm

The long, cold, Kevinless nights have driven me to madness.

You'll know I've completely lost it if I ever roll a BE pally as well.
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.

Firebrand
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Firebrand » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:40 pm

That is true, I hadn't considered the possible effects associated with long-term withdrawal of me. In the end, I have only myself to blame.
"War makes thieves, and peace hangs them." -Niccolo Machiavelli, from the "Art of War"

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Postby Sord » Tue May 01, 2007 3:16 am

Getting the base set up has been more challenging than I thought it would be :P

We started out with a single room, the "startup room" if you will that you can put all kinds of things in. Storage, energy, control, etc. But only certain kinds, the ones that only fit in the "startup" type rooms. To that we added a basic telepad and teleporter room to house the telepad. Come to find out you can only have two beacons at a time set up to each one. We tried to fix that by adding a second telepad but.. oh noes! Our basic power generator is maxed! This is where it gets interesting.

First thing we need is more energy and control. Thats what your equipment runs off of. Unfortunately, you can only put the start up generator in the startup room and only one of them so.. yep. You have to build seperate energy and control rooms to house the new generators. Once we have the new generators, we can build a new work table which will then allow us to build the next step up in telepads.

We sold back a lot of our decorations so we can get to the next step so the base is a bit bare :) However we have the energy and control rooms purchased along with a basic medical bay and a basic telepad with Cap Au Diable and Port Oaks connected to it.

Its a work in progress!

I'm almost to level 25 with my mastermind and thats when you start to take an exp penalty when you are in supergroup mode. I'll probably exit SG mode from 25-26 so I can get the Lich pet faster. After that I'll probably play alts til everyone else gets to the low 20's so I can start playing with you all with the mastermind :D

I need to take a screenshot of Pipkin's mastermind. The costume just rocks too much haha. Good show old bean!
Bye space sword!

Mhya
Buccaneer
Buccaneer
Custom Rank: Ranch Tooth
Games: WoW,WAR

Postby Mhya » Tue May 01, 2007 7:47 am

Sord wrote:I'm almost to level 25 with my mastermind and thats when you start to take an exp penalty when you are in supergroup mode. I'll probably exit SG mode from 25-26 so I can get the Lich pet faster.

Exp penalty for being in SG mode? :(

Please to be explaining.
Terribad

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue May 01, 2007 7:52 am

Once you hit 25, a part of your experience gain is converted into prestige while in SG mode. Below 25, you gain full exp and prestige.
Bye space sword!

Waits
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Seaman

Postby Waits » Tue May 01, 2007 7:54 am

I've been working on our base on Freedom server...very much a work in progres...and damn if it's not a little complicated.

I hope to get it up and running (though it will be lacing in decoration) this week.

Windigo
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Custom Rank: /lick

Postby Windigo » Tue May 01, 2007 7:55 am

Sord wrote:Once you hit 25, a part of your experience gain is converted into prestige while in SG mode. Below 25, you gain full exp and prestige.

From my friends that play, I was under the impression that it was Infamy/Influence that was docked in SG mode, not experience.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue May 01, 2007 7:57 am

That might be true. I've never been past lvl 24 so I don't know. If thats the case, I'll take a hit in the wallet for the benefit of the SG :)
Bye space sword!

Trede
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Trede » Tue May 01, 2007 8:11 am

Waits wrote:I've been working on our base on Freedom server...very much a work in progres...and damn if it's not a little complicated.

I hope to get it up and running (though it will be lacing in decoration) this week.

Remind me to give you any salvage I have then, Waits, and thanks for taking lead on the homebuilding. :smile:

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue May 01, 2007 8:37 am

http://paragonwiki.com/index.php?title=SG_mode wrote:From level 1 to 24, inf is earned normally. During levels 25 to 34, inf rewards are tapered off. At level 25, 10% of inf from rewards is lost while in sgmode. By level 29, 50% of inf from rewards is lost. And finally, from level 34 on up to 50, all inf is lost while in sgmode.

Earnings Progression

Level 24: 100% influence, 100% prestige

Level 25: 90% influence, 100% prestige

Level 26: 80% influence, 100% prestige

Level 27: 70% influence, 100% prestige

Level 28: 60% influence, 100% prestige

Level 29: 50% influence, 100% prestige

Level 30: 40% influence, 100% prestige

Level 31: 30% influence, 100% prestige

Level 32: 20% influence, 100% prestige

Level 33: 10% influence, 100% prestige

Level 34: 0% influence, 100% prestige

Since I'm not hurting too badly for infamy, I'll stay in SG mode at least til 29ish!
Bye space sword!

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Postby Phat.Stack » Tue May 01, 2007 9:09 am

Sord, should I be saving up my salvage until Im higher level... or just trying to get it to you ASAP?

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue May 01, 2007 9:27 am

Issue 9 is released and salvage now has more uses than just for creating base stuff.

There is "Base Salvage" and "Invention Salvage"

Base salvage is used to create items for the base. Invention Salvage is used to make the newer enhancements, costume parts, etc.

Invention salvage can be turned into Base salvage, but I'm not sure if you can turn base into invention salvage. In the tabs I currently see, there is only the option to turn invention salvage into base salvage.

So to stop being confusing, just check your salvage tab. If its under the "Base" tab, feel free to put it on the salvage rack. If its under invention (which you can only hold a limited amount. I can hold 30 at lvl 24), hold onto it. You probably won't have any invention salvage at the moment since none dropped before today :)
Bye space sword!

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue May 08, 2007 1:08 am

Well!

After a bit o' drama and eggs, we have the base set up to where its going to stay until we decide if we can upgrade to a bigger plot.

Personal vault? Check
Telepads? Check
Reclaimator? Check
Invention worktable? Check
Brains in a jar? Check

We have room to build a workshop that can house another work table if we ever need it but I don't think we will. We have all the functionality we'll likely ever need. Eventually we'll place an inspiration storage area as well and I think there is one for enhancements too. In a while when we have the work room and more prestige I want to buy the expert work table just to see what kind of crap we can build with it. Maybe a better reclaimator or something.

For those of you who were stashing base salvage, thank you! It helped a lot when I had to remake the telepads a few times while experimenting with the plot. We are good for the time being so please feel free to sell any salvage you like on the black market or to any quartermaster. You can hold as much base salvage as you like but can only carry up to stacks of 20 of each item. The salvage rack is about half full right now so if you don't want to sell them, its ok to keep storing them in the rack.

If there is anything specific you'd like done to the base, you can ask me or Nicolina and we'll see about adding it. We are in the decoration phase now and everything is looking hot.
Bye space sword!

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue May 15, 2007 1:04 am

The base is turning out extra awesome.

This weekend we picked up an enhancement rack, an inspiration collector and an empowerment station that allows you to create temporary buffs. We have the tier 2 version and if we get enough salvage stored, we can create the tier 3 but I honestly don't think we'll need it, at least not for a long time.

You create the buffs using your base salvage. You turn your base salvage into tech power, tech material etc or arcane if you have that kind of set up, then you use those items to create the buffs. They last an hour and are given to you as soon as you hit create, so don't use the station unless you plan on using the buff within the hour you create it. I like the run speed since my rooted ability slows me way the hell down :) And it only takes two tech material :)

Feel free to snag crap off the salvage rack if you need a piece or two. Since we are a "Tech" base, a lot of the salvage on our rack may be useless cause its for the arcane stuff. We'll look into selling it and distributing the infamy to everyone or maybe finding someone to trade with. We'll worry about it later on though cause its not really a huge deal in our 20's :P

I've been doing a little more research and I found a medical aux item we can make with the advanced work table to add 10% to our medical reclaimator. So we'll get rez'd at 35% in the base. Not a huge deal really but hey, why not.

Also, when you are in a strike force, you cannot buy inspirations from your contacts. You can however take inspirations from the inspiration collector inside your base. If you have a strike force planned for the night, it may be a good idea to load up a few awakens, catch a breath and respites and stock up your collector.

By the way, the strike force this weekend was fantastic. We had a great balance of classes and we burned it out in about 2.5 hours even with my afk! I would be willing to do it again just for the chance for another rare recipe upon completion. :)
Bye space sword!

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue May 22, 2007 12:44 am

Zomg another base update. New work room! We replaced the old control room with a 4x1 space and picked up the 2x2 work room. I think that gives us a total of 12 storage with 8 still open for enhancement racks or inspiration collectors. Nicole is a black market fiend and has been picking up invention enhancements on the cheap. You rock much Nicole <3

Now if only they'd come out with some sort of storage device so we can store and share extra recipes.

The strike forces have been pretty awesome. The one's weI've done so far take about 2.5 hours to go from start to finish. The sky raider one was crazy. They kept sending wave after wave of packs at you in certain missions. The final map was a pain in the ass. Fuck those turrets. I was getting some nasty video lag even with my high end card, I don't want to think what others may have been experiencing. It was probably rough :P In the end the arch villain went down like a 50 cent ho and I made a tidy profit off a rare recipe.
Bye space sword!

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Tue May 22, 2007 7:53 am

WTB some Sky Raiders action PST!

WeI've caught up to Miss Malice. You have some work to do son. Less 2142, more Villains!

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Wed May 23, 2007 12:08 am

There is something oddly addicting to throwing grenades randomly over a wall and watching your kill count sky (raider) rocket!

So now do I level Malice or Sord? :) I'll end up trying to keep them within a few levels of eachother now but I really like having Sord for the strike forces. However there is something to be said for watching Munki run in to a very large group first to confuse and get mowed down in about half a second :D
Bye space sword!

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Thu May 24, 2007 12:46 am

Sunday afternoons have been our unofficial strike force day. While there is no lockout and they can be done at any time as long as there are enough people, its still fun to plan ahead. Is everyone ok with an "official" Sunday strike force schedule? Its not something mandatory, just a way of letting everyone know that hey, if you are around on Sundays in the afternoon and are of proper level, we'll strike force it up. Its possible to do two in one day for those that may not be on in the afternoon so if you beg and plead enough, you can weasel the first group into doing it again! I know a lot of us would like more chances to get costume recipes either to use or to sell for big monies.

We're closing in on the 25-30 range pretty quickly. I'd actually suggest trying it at 27-28ish in order to reap the benefits of the exp from large groups of minions and bosses and mission completion.
Bye space sword!

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Thu May 24, 2007 9:44 am

I'd be game. Nicole is a little behind, as she's been fairly busy lately, but she's almost 26. Hopefully she will be able to play some over the next couple days, but we will see :)
Space for Rent

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Thu May 24, 2007 10:31 pm

Thats what lackey is for :D I'm only 26 myself! Hopefully 27 by sunday. Or 28. Marathon session inc on Saturday!
Bye space sword!

Screwtape
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Sexy Pahties!

Postby Screwtape » Fri May 25, 2007 9:24 am

I'm down for a sunday shindig.
I will enthrall you with my Puerto Rican voodoo love charms.

Gemfire
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby Gemfire » Sun May 27, 2007 7:30 pm

Well i made Ben drive me out to Best Buy to pick up villians this morning. I have added the names you listed Sord but your not on and i dont know anyone elses names on that server.

So far i have Gemmikins as my main, and two alts EbilGemmy and Gemmy-Lou, all on the Justice server...... so if anyone wants to shoot me an invite........ :puppydogeyes:

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Sun May 27, 2007 9:21 pm

Awesome Gem, hopefully I'll catch ya on and can invite you :D
Space for Rent

Return to “City of Heroes / Villains”