City of Villains - Justice server - Rogue Nobility

Help defend Paragon City from the forces of EBIL! (Or trash the place and cause mayhem!)
Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

City of Villains - Justice server - Rogue Nobility

Postby Sord » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:09 am

To help from being burned out in WoW, I've been spending half my time playing City of Villains. Originally me and a few RL friends were doing CoH but we decided to give villains a try and we found out we enjoy it much more. The theme is more interesting, the music is better and we are all sick of The Hollows.

If you want to stop and say hello, weI've got a small super villain group with a base set up and all of us are Masterminds. Its fun getting 3 of us in a mission all at once cause we all have 2-4 pets each (and soon to be 6 each) so basically we have more than a full team worth of players/minions and we tear shit up.

Add Deac to global friends or just add Miss Malice to your friends list on the Justice server!
Last edited by Sord on Wed May 02, 2007 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bye space sword!

Firebrand
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Firebrand » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:20 pm

Stop trying to snatch up potential burn-outs with your old game, I need them to amuse me in Star Wars!
"War makes thieves, and peace hangs them." -Niccolo Machiavelli, from the "Art of War"

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:50 pm

Star wars what?

YOU DIDN'T EARN THAT JEDI. WOOKIE JEDI WTF.
Bye space sword!

Firebrand
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Firebrand » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:30 pm

Hey I mastered one profession when I originally played it! That should count.
"War makes thieves, and peace hangs them." -Niccolo Machiavelli, from the "Art of War"

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:26 pm

Firebrand wrote:Stop trying to snatch up potential burn-outs with your old game, I need them to amuse me in <s>Star Wars</s> my even older and more retarded game!

:thumbsup:

Firebrand
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Firebrand » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:56 pm

Definitely older, but I maintain now less retarded (in some aspects :p). Besides, I am also going to be amusing myself with this newer, more retarded game, alongside Star Wars. 2 weeks free, why the hell not? I doubt I'll get into it again, at least not like I did when I was the game-breakingly powerful, dashingly handsome Firebrand, and you were, in my fantasies (still), the waifish, teenage Airy.

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:02 pm

Where is this magical 2 week trial? I was lookin for a friend today, and I could only find stuff that require a referral from a subscriber.
Space for Rent

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:09 pm

Firebrand
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Firebrand » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:25 pm

Hot sex. At least, that's what your life will come to represent for the next two weeks.

Firebrand
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Firebrand » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:41 pm

Hey your 4 hours is nothing compared to my sob story! It took 6 hours to download! And then when it finished and I loaded it up, it warned me that my video drivers were old. But I knew that already, I had tried some months ago to update my drivers when I was having an issue with Oblivion's construction set (that turned out to be a bug with the program), but ATI's lame ass drivers and utilities wouldn't install, telling me I had to go into VGA mode in order to accomplish it. That of course is crap, especially because I could not for the life of me figure out how to get into what they wanted. So I gave up.

But since CoH gave me one I figured maybe I'd try again. Lo and behold ATI had a new driver and utilities waiting for me with a hot April 17, 2007 release date on them. Again however, their drivers and tools told me they could not be installed, this time however, it said they could not be installed with my "current configuration." They gave me no clues about what my configuration was or how I might alter my configuration to allow the tools to install. I read their stupid instructions which told me to uninstall the old utilties and drivers. I did this. Windows told me to restart. I obeyed. Windows restarts and it looks like my resolution blew up to like 4800x4800 and my monitor is now suddenly a magnifying glass over my desktop. Windows is going apeshit because it can see my video card needs drivers but can't install them. And once again, ATI's amazing drivers and tools, failed miserably and gave me the same fucking error message. In the end, I had to system restore to TEN MINUTES BEFORE I DOWNLOADED THE ORIGINAL EXE FILE WITH THE CLIENT INSTALL. I was seriously about to go ballistic until I realized that the files had managed to be saved, it ended up just needing to extract everything again which took like 30 seconds.

Lesson of the story: FUCK ATI. Now and forever NVidia.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:24 am

We got our transporter set up in the base and now we are working on earning prestige and exploration badges to place more teleport beacons. We have 2 of the 3 zones bought (the lvl 1-20ish zones) so it will save you a little time at least. Our next purchase is going to be a medical bay so you can Rez in the base if you wish (not sure how it will work but we are just trial and error).

There is only 3 of us that play "regularly" and its not too much. One friend plays at all hours. He's currently unemployed so you might see him at 3am or 3pm. I log in for a few hours in the morning/afternoon like I currently did (and still will) for WoW and another friend is kind of sporadic and gets a few hours logged in when he can, usually in the evening or on his days off which change weekly. We're trying to weasel two more people that we know into making a villain there and they are low time players as well.

One thing that is bugging me is a graphics glitch in the game in any Arachnos base. All players, pets and bad guys show up as either pure black or kinda fuzzy like a fuzzy TV channel. I was told its a known issue and I can fix it by updating my video driver. It doesn't hurt performance so I'm willing to put up with it for now. Updating drivers ALWAYS turns out to be a nightmare for me and I'm of the mind that if it aint broke, don't fuck with it. ATI or Nvidia, doesn't matter. I just can't win with video drivers :)

No matter what server you are on, add @Deac to your global friends and we can at least keep in touch :)
Last edited by Sord on Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bye space sword!

Mhya
Buccaneer
Buccaneer
Custom Rank: Ranch Tooth
Games: WoW,WAR

Postby Mhya » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:32 am

A bunch of us are playing villains on Freedom.

Waits, Taf, Trede, Saga, Skrew, Vissum, Vrrn, Legov, and I so far. We just started a supergroup called "Steal Magnolias."

Please feel free to hop on and say "hullo!"

Waits is on as Slamburger but in true Waits form is considering rerolling...lol. I am Morbid Curiousity, Taf is Wicked Vision, Vissum is Cerebator, Vrrn is Vrrn but I think he rerolled, Skrew is The Smurfinator, Saga is Chromaggus (lol), Trede is Dark Mercy, and Legov is Auraellia (but I am positively spelling that incorrectly).

Names in WoW are a whole lot easier...lol.
Terribad

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:08 am

Justice is where its at, yo. You all rolled on the wrong server.
Bye space sword!

Mhya
Buccaneer
Buccaneer
Custom Rank: Ranch Tooth
Games: WoW,WAR

Postby Mhya » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:16 am

Sord wrote:Justice is where its at, yo. You all rolled on the wrong server.

I am a follower and go where I am told. :cry:
Terribad

Waits
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Seaman

Postby Waits » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:26 am

Sord wrote:Justice is where its at, yo. You all rolled on the wrong server.

Freedom has more players...

Not sure where I was going with that. Freedom is good though.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:30 am

More isn't always better.

See: Gheylune for a great example. :) And if you are only grouping with other friends, the amount of other players doesn't matter.

Anyhow, wherever you are, have fun.
Bye space sword!

Waits
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Seaman

Postby Waits » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:41 am

Sord wrote:More isn't always better.

See: Gheylune for a great example. :) And if you are only grouping with other friends, the amount of other players doesn't matter.

Anyhow, wherever you are, have fun.

I did not elude that more was better...was just stating a fact. Freedom does have more players. It was the only thing I could think about that was different between the two servers.

Server choice matters little in any game (save that ones that have designated servers for things such as PVP, or RPing)...Freedom was chosen so we rolled there...no more, no less.

We were intending to play Heroes, but have sinced switched based on player interest (to me there is little difference between CoH and CoV). IN the end, we can all keep in touch via the global chat...something more games should have.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Postby Phat.Stack » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:34 am

Jae wrote:I can't wait to put on my bucket pants!

You. Never. Learn.

HAV PHUN AOE GRINDING

Kyecsrai
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Hooters gonna hoot.
Games: Your mom.

Postby Kyecsrai » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:09 pm

:suicide:
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.

Windigo
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Custom Rank: /lick

Postby Windigo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:31 pm

I have some friends that I got hooked into the game (their first MMO) a few months post release, and they're still. playing. daily.

CoH/V just does zero for me besides concept creation. I honestly had the most fun ever with that game when I was breaking content and herding entire 6 person spawned missions for 3 people to level people to 50 in a day. The game itself... well, I've reactivated a few times to play with those RL friends, and as has been mentioned, it only takes an hour before I go "oh yes, now I remember why I stopped playing this game."

The thing I love most about WoW is the thing that's totally lacking with CoH/V - endgame. Even after YEARS of the game being out, there is ZERO endgame. There's the Recluse Strike Force for CoV, I think there's a hero equivalent now, and the retardedness that is Hamidon raids.

As much drool as I had for that game prior to its release, it really is the Fisher Price of MMO's.

Firebrand
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Firebrand » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:02 pm

True that, the endgame is just that, nothing, non-existant. I don't know that anybody trying it right now though has even thought that far ahead though, it's just a release from the same old same old bullshit. In the end, the endgame in WoW is what caused me to leave anyway. That kind of end-game content is just not for me I realized, where the primary focus is on raiding raiding raiding. The only aspect about it I legitimately enjoyed was being able to play with a bunch of my friends, but with all the preparation that was involved with that, it becomes a giant headache to even prepare to be able to play with your friends. Now to be fair, WoW has a little bit more going for it than it did when I stopped a year ago, not having to wait 45 minutes to an hour to do some pvp sounds nice, but other than that, I haven't seen them really do anything to improve the game other than throw more shit at players to fight, and that coupled with pvp just isn't enough for me to want to play again. It just gets old after awhile, just like CoH.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Postby Phat.Stack » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:10 pm

Firebrand wrote:It just gets old after awhile, just like CoH.

That's the natural progression of every game. Eventually, it just has nothing left for you so you leave.

Some games just manage to hold a person's interest longer than others.

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:26 pm

The game held my interest for so long because of the character creation. I wanted to max out all sorts of different types of characters. Controllers, Blasters... etc. The only reason I stopped was because WoW came out and Damon made me. Now I don't remember how to play.
ImageImage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:28 pm

I've never been to the non-existent end game in Coh/Cov :) My highest level character was 21 I think and I'm at lvl 20 now with the villain. With the rate I play (not a lot) I'll enjoy the ride to the finish for a good while. I still love WoW but I've done all I can do on that game currently. I raid when I can, I do heroics when I can, but I won't pug anything over a normal lvl 70 dungeon. So basically, I'm stuck til the next content patch and/or until we get past Gruul and Nightbane. (Yeah right).

The game is pretty alt friendly though which is a good and bad thing. All it takes is a day of being bored of my current character and I switch to a new one. No wonder I never seen lvl 50 out of all the times I've activated a damn account :P
Bye space sword!

Firebrand
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Firebrand » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:42 pm

Kyecsrai wrote::suicide:

So what are you playing these days?

Return to “City of Heroes / Villains”