"Cry 'Havoc', and let spill the Grog of War!"
Mentu
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Custom Rank: Cool Guy
Guild: Grog of War

Who's raiding Firelands?

Postby Mentu » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Lots of disappointing words have been scrolled across my monitor within the last few weeks. Tales of burnout. I thought 3 weeks of non raiding would suffice, but things are looking grim. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I love the times for our raids, they work perfect with my work schedule. Most of all I love the people in this guild. It's really awesome for once not having a group with one or two assholes that I had to work around. If I must find somewhere else to raid though, I will.

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Re: Who's raiding Firelands?

Postby Sord » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:19 am

Nothing has been posted yet, but I'll just let the cat out of the bag for all to see.

People are leaving, due to burn out or just general boredom or even financial situations. The raid is probably going to be done for or at the very least, on its last legs. It is sad but what can you do? We've all seen this happen half a dozen times over the course of WoW's life and it will continue to happen. In the short term, there may be enough to initially run stuff but over time I think the group will end up short.

No one will fault you or anyone else still interested in WoW for finding someplace you can still have fun in the game. Grog's raid was specifically put together for people with this schedule, and of course for this specific group of awesome fucking people. It does stink when something that fits your schedule so perfect ends up falling apart. Especially for a niche raid like ours. There are way less late night raids out there than your standard 8p-11p raids, that is for sure.

Its always been said though, Grog is a community, not attached to any one game. As long as our friends keep in touch here, we'll always be able to meet up in the future and keep tabs on what is going on with eachother.

For my own personal plans, I'm going to stick around for at least another month or so to do some of the new daily content. If there are enough people for a raid, I'd love to at least dip my toes in but the wind in my raiding sails has been emptied for the most part.
Bye space sword!

Mentu
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Custom Rank: Cool Guy
Guild: Grog of War

Postby Mentu » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:45 am

Not sure how many dudes saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBd6cJREFvA

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Brb soloing raid trash.
Bye space sword!

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Postby Kiawah » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:07 am

So this new dungeon, is it there for all the people who didn't get to raid Molten Core?

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Firelands = Molten Core with a sky. With just as much annoying trash.
Bye space sword!

Return to “World of Warcraft”