Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

How many days would you like to raid?

Postby Lightfeather » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:56 am

I would make this a poll but too many people who don't actually raid would vote and it wouldn't be accurate. I would like to raid more because I always have a ton of fun doing it. We used to raid three days for 25's and then we did 10's over the course of two other days! That was five days of raiding in wotlk and though it did feel like a bit too much sometimes, only two days seems like a big cutback. Also, even though we say we're going to raid two days a week, it appears that the only day we can all truly agree on is Saturday with Friday and Sunday being in contention.

I'd love to raid three days but I don't know if we can pull it off. What's your opinion and do you think we can work in another day of sweet monster bashing? If we could, would you even want to?
ImageImage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Re: How many days would you like to raid?

Postby Sord » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:15 am

Currently, 2 days seems perfect to me. Thursday's in Noct's was always a drag. Everyone was worn out and playing like shit. When the weekend 10 man rolled around, while it was fun to work toward achievements, you could just tell certain people were kinda bleh and exhausted from the week.

I prefer a relaxed schedule. It means we wont get stuff down quite as quickly but it leaves me less burned out for the week.
Bye space sword!

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:35 pm

I could probably do three, but definitely prefer two. Nocts was sort of an odd situation in that there were reasons to clear two tiers (10/25) of content, and the raid was designed for people with odd work hours with few other options. Grog always did two days in the past, because working a third one in is almost always going to impact work/life for your average joe.

That said, I like our pace right now, and we can always be flexible depending on the situation around us. As we get into March, we'll have a better idea of not only the demand of raiders, but of the raids themselves. I bet you'd have a lot of support for three raid days if we discover it takes us ~8 hours to clear all the raid content when that's a realistic situation. I know I at least would prefer to do a third, shortened day if it was the difference between killing everything and raid blue balls.
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Eggnog
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Eggnog » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:58 pm

I would like to raid 3, maybe 4 days a week. I'd also like to do some woodworking for a few, and maybe have a night or two to watch some tv too. I'd like to go out to dinner with friends once or twice a week, and I'd like to devote at least 4 solid nights to coding projects. I could certainly spend at least 5 nights a week on projects around the house, maybe fit in some reading here and there. And certainly one entire night not doing anything.
This space for rent.

Niralica
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: No Da!

Postby Niralica » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:45 pm

Unless I get a new job with later hours sometime in the near future, I can only raid Saturday night. :P I know not real helpful. But I am game if you guys are ever short on a Saturday though :)

Barantir
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Custom Rank: Plush toy
Games: I herd you liek gamez
Guild: Guild?

Postby Barantir » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:54 pm

2 days is max for me. That might even turn out to be too much at these late hours. However, i definitely won't be sore if you guys decide you want to raid more often and i get relegated to backup.

My coding projects are waaaaay behind :)

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby PopnFresh » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Code: Select all

char barantir(){
      while(grog){
            raid=true;
      }
      return 0;
}
"Classic Wedge"

Eggnog
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Eggnog » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:17 am

PopnFresh wrote:

Code: Select all

char barantir(){
      while(grog){
            raid=true;
      }
      return 0;
}

If you code like that I think I'm going to wait for a few patches before I get TOR.
This space for rent.

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby PopnFresh » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:36 am

lol, if programmers can have programmer art, then producers should be allowed producer code
"Classic Wedge"

Studlybob
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Postby Studlybob » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:29 pm

2 Days is pretty much my max for a variety of reasons.
"Men are like a bag of chips. They look complete and full until you open them and realize they're mostly just air."

Helical
Bilge Water
Bilge Water
Custom Rank: Sanitation Engineer

Postby Helical » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:15 pm

I can raid one weeknight, preferably Wed or Thursday which is why i would not ask for a full time slot. I might also be able to fill in on the weekend. I hope to raid more full time come the later summer but have work commitments tying me up currently. I am happy to pop in as a heals or dps if someone cannot make it. Just send me a tell and i will see if i can free up the night. In the meantime since i can farm a lot of junk while doing paperwork by hovering over nodes, i am happy to help with mats for your raid gear or guild achieves.

Stan (Helical/Cleft and the rest of the pathetic menagerie)

Return to “World of Warcraft”