Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Guild Repairs and You!

Postby Lightfeather » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:55 am

I was thinking about the guild bank, guild repairs and how I'd like to turn on guild repairs all the time. Alas, we can not because we only have 7237g in our bank coffers at the moment. I did some quick and dirty calculations and when we turned guild repairs on for our brief impromptu raid that lasted about two hours we used 323g across six people as one person wasn't in our guild and three people didn't use guild repairs for whatever reason.

Pip estimates that on an average raid night with ten full members of Grog raiding for the full two and a half hour duration we'll probably spend about 500g a night in guild repairs. Back in Nocts, this expense was offset by the selling of raid quality BoE's. Pip checked the entire loot list in BWD and Bastion and there's not a single purple BoE in it. What can we do to fill up the bank?

Pip said that with all ten members of Grog raiding, we'll get the 5% per person gold deposit and when raid bosses drop gold it's a large amount so it could add up quickly. I don't have any hard numbers as google won't tell me what the average gold drop for a cata raid boss is.

Long story short, any ideas on how to pump cash into the guild bank so we can turn on repairs for everyone all the time? One idea mentioned, and a few of us have subscribed to following, is anytime a BoE blue drops in a guild five man run, we give it to sord or rhoa to sell on the AH and they put the returns into the guild bank for repairs. This has been where most of our cash has come from so far as the 56 copper a kill while out questing isn't really doing it.

I was thinking about how backwards it is. In the beginning, when we're first learning encounters, we spend hours wiping and not downing any bosses, thus not gaining any gold or loot to sell to offset all the money spent on repairs. How I wanted to fix that was to dump like 30k of my personal funds into the guild bank while we're going through the "oh shit we're dying a lot and not getting anything for it!" phase of raiding, with the thought that as soon as we start getting purple BoE's to sell, I'd be able to get my money back as the guild bank beefed up a bit. After learning that we we may not get items out of raiding to sell, I'm a bit trepidacious about dumping a large chunk of my personal funds into the bank to kick start it.

Another idea that was mentioned today was to sell off our maelstrom crystals in the beginning because they are selling for reeeedonckulous amounts of gold at the moment. 3k on the low end. So, if we sell a few crystals from burning up PvP gear and other things that no one takes from our raid, we can bolster the bank for weeks of repairs. Then, when we're sitting pretty, we can start dealing with the crystals for enchants and whatnot.
ImageImage

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Re: Guild Repairs and You!

Postby Sord » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:15 am

Honestly I think selling off maelstrom crystals is a good idea at the moment. They'll only drop in price over time and selling them early now will gain us a lot. We don't *need* all the fancy enchants that use them to pass through current content. If we start hitting up heroic modes, then we should consider them but for now, the next best thing, whatever it may be, is good enough.

I just think this early tier is going to be a bit rough and people will have to be a bit more accountable for their own repairs. Not a lot of BoE's and everyone is wanting to bolster their own bank roll to keep repairs and consumables flowing. We started fresh and never had a bank account of our own from Wrath. I'm sure people will be understanding as we build up our financial empire.

If we get lucky, one or two world drops during a raid that no one needs will put a nice chunk of cash in the bank. If one does drop and you are thinking of rolling on it, consider alternatives before doing so. Is there a Valor Point alternative within reach? Will a boss we're going to be working on drop something for the same slot? Etc.
Bye space sword!

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:18 pm

I like the crystal idea overall. I'd like to see something where maybe we only sell every other crystal, or every third crystal, because not only will we need some for our enchants, but the three best weapon enchants (and best by a large margin) require five crystals a piece just to buy the pattern. Considering we're only going to be killing a couple of raid bosses per week for the forseeable future, and that most early loot will be desired, it could easily be well over a month before we're able to even buy one pattern for an enchant that is arguably as useful as the flasks that we're required to bring each week.

But you guys are right, crystal prices are nuts right now and they're only going to drop, so it'd be silly not to take advantage of it in some way. I just don't want us to get *too* far behind on our enchant quality, but we can determine what's best on a crystal by crystal basis.
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Eggnog
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Eggnog » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:01 am

Also note that the bank contribution doubles to 10% at level 16.
This space for rent.

Helical
Bilge Water
Bilge Water
Custom Rank: Sanitation Engineer

Postby Helical » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:01 pm

I put some cash in the GB last week to help with all your raid repairs. While i cannot raid regularly at present, i support you guys and live vicariously through your triumphs. Failures are buried out back per standard protocol.

Helical/Cleft/Epymian also known as Stan

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:42 am

Thanks for your contribution, Helical! We spent it while learning and downing two new bosses! :D

I've a feeling that Bastion of Twilight is going to make us a nice bit of change as we progress. Some nice BoE's in there.

Remember guys that if it is an upgrade, don't feel bad or guilty rolling on it. Especially if its an item for a slot that is more difficult to come by or there isn't an immediate upgrade on a boss we can actively defeat. If it is more of a side grade or there is an easy alternative, then you should feel bad and we'll make you feel bad and also we might spit on you and insult your sense of fashion.
Bye space sword!

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Sord wrote:Remember guys that if it is an upgrade, don't feel bad or guilty rolling on it. Especially if its an item for a slot that is more difficult to come by or there isn't an immediate upgrade on a boss we can actively defeat.

Can that be the last we say about it, ever? You guys constantly repeating that message is what's going to make people feel guilty or bad about rolling on it. It's like telling someone over and over "don't think about josh's penis." At first they might follow directions, but eventually all they can think about is galavanting through a phallic forest swaying in the breeze, watching some dickworms playing near a river, and picking some wild testiberries growing on a nearby veiny vine.

Pretty sure you guys repeated that message at least five times last night, and were so impatient with my boe answer that I couldn't even type a line without you guys jumping on me for clarification *immediately* while I was already trying to type more. Cut out the overbearingness and trust in your raid members to not be dicks and everyone will have a good time.
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Sord » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:49 pm

How can we trust you not to be dicks when we are all dicks? :O

Also, point taken. Apologies :)
Bye space sword!

Sidonia